Mechanical Questions Thread

I was wondering if this is a bug or if it is working as intended, but when I cast vortex, I cannot target the frostbolts created by my totems.

working as intended or bug?

thanks
@BatmanVoll
Hi Mark,

I was wondering about some poison mechanics. If I link tornado shot with the poison support gem and greater multiple projectiles, how many poison stacks could theoretically apply? Is it 1 stack for the whole tornado shot hit or is it 1 stack for each arrow from tornado shot that hits the target.

Thank you
Hi there: I had made a post (1670470), which had a few replies and today I received an email from GGG suggesting I also posted here. The subject may have already been addressed, my apologies if it is duplicated.

Someone in the thread above quoted Mark_GGG saying it works although not showing the visual effect nor the buff icon, I wanna make sure it is indeed working under the conditions below as it is for a HC char (Im trying to reach lvl 90 in HC for the achievement, one of the few left - currently at 80 out of 84):

"I just have a doubt regarding the new quartz infusion ascendancy passive point for the raider: It reads that the char would have phasing at maximum frenzy charges. I´m using 3 pacifism jewels (-1 to frenzy charges) on my HC char which has a max of 3 charges, but phasing is not active, is that a bug or intended?

When I take off the jewels and generate the 3 frenzy charges then it works, but not with zero charges and the jewels, although I was able to trigger some other types of buffs that way with other builds in the past. Perhaps I missed some of the previous patch notes, but other than that what would be the point of having these kind of jewels?

Thanks for the clarification."

IGN: ThaPendulum
First of all, thank you for doing this :)

My question: how does Inquisitor's Inevitable Justice work with damage over time, mainly Vortex, but also Ignite.

If the initial damage of Vortex crits, do the ticks count as crits and thus ignore resistances. Or is every tick calculated or not at all, if thats the case: does Vortex ignore resistances (in case of a crit) for its entire duration by default?

Basicly the same question for Ignites. If i crit with a fireball, i ignore resistances and have a larger crit, thus a bigger ignite, but does this double dip with Inevitable Justice aswell? In other words, do ignites from crits, ignore resistances over their duration?
On medium to low end machines, this thread is impossible to view in "GGG-post-only" mode. It's ginormous and freezes my browser any time i scroll up or down.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
how many diffrent helm enchants are there they are listed on the poewiki but counting them would take ages :(
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
"
hq78 wrote:
I was wondering if this is a bug or if it is working as intended, but when I cast vortex, I cannot target the frostbolts created by my totems.
working as intended or bug?

Working as intended. Totems are not you, despite using your offensive stats. They're not your Frostbolts.

"
Xitras wrote:
I was wondering about some poison mechanics. If I link tornado shot with the poison support gem and greater multiple projectiles, how many poison stacks could theoretically apply? Is it 1 stack for the whole tornado shot hit or is it 1 stack for each arrow from tornado shot that hits the target.

Each individual Hit can apply up to 1 Poison stack. You can hit with one Projectile on the initial volley, and with an incredible amount of luck, each split can land one Poison stack on top of that.

"
Wilcuss wrote:
My question: how does Inquisitor's Inevitable Justice work with damage over time, mainly Vortex, but also Ignite.

If the initial damage of Vortex crits, do the ticks count as crits and thus ignore resistances. Or is every tick calculated or not at all, if thats the case: does Vortex ignore resistances (in case of a crit) for its entire duration by default?

Damage over Time does not tick, it's a constant degeneration.
Damage over Time cannot Crit, and thus will always face Resistances.
Will the unique Static Electricity jewel's additional lightning damage count dex from nodes that aren't just +10 dex nodes? I'm looking at the Depth perception and Fangs of the Viper nodes (both give +20 dex) and the jewel slot to the right of Shadow's start in the tree.
Last edited by SuboptimalSolution on Jun 10, 2016, 7:00:52 PM
A titanic work. GGG_Mark has answered my question about a year ago, i still remember it.
How not to miss Skill Books /view-thread/1940679
Find Bameth /view-thread/1828226
Exas for new players /view-thread/1956615
Checking resources /view-thread/2453818
Don't use Shaper/Elder orbs /view-thread/2474890
Last edited by diablokiller1 on Jun 10, 2016, 7:18:36 PM
Is there a reason why the non legacy map Vaults of Atziri Vaal Pyramid Map (Map Tier 3) has only monster level 68 ?

What happens if I have a map with multiple bosses like Museum or Arena and i roll the twinned mod on it and corrupt it, can only the "original" bosses drop vaal fragments and vaal gems or all bosses?

Is it right now possible to finish the prophecy "Wind and Thunder" ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info