Mechanical Questions Thread

We dicussed yesterday with over 30 persons in a stream and I hope you can help us, because we coudnt clarify it.

The question is whether spelldamage affects the aura "Anger, wrath and hatred".

Further, when Anger e.g. Is buffed. Counts this also for Minions when a summoner plays with an Auramancer.
"
Aplexa wrote:
The question is whether spelldamage affects the aura "Anger, wrath and hatred".

Only if they're boosting a Spell. Auras themselves do not scale with Damage multipliers.

Buffs (and item modifiers too) add their Damage to appropriate Skills; modifiers to the Skill then apply to the Buff's damage bonus. Fireball deals extra Fire Damage when Anger is active, and Fireball being a Spell, the Fire Damage scales with Spell Damage.

Minions have their own modifiers; your Spell Damage never applies to their Damage.
Zombies and Raging Spirits etc. deal Melee (Attack) Damage, and thus won't scale with Spell Damage even if you do give them Spell Damage modifiers.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 7, 2017, 12:47:39 PM
The question I have is about map drop rules. There seems to be a great deal of confusion as to what happens when the game chooses a tier of map for which the player has no maps of that tier unlocked or adjacent to the current map.

For example, I'm in a shaped strand (t11) and a map drops. The game rolls the tier, and applies the atlas bonuses resulting in a t12 map. However, I have no t12s unlocked on my atlas and there are no t12s adjacent to shaped strand.

What happens in this case? There seem to be two conflicting ideas:

1. the map is 'downgraded' to a t11, effectively increasing the absolute number of t11s dropped
2. The map drop is forfeited, having no impact on the absolute number of t11s dropped.
"
adghar wrote:
"
Necronus2828 wrote:

Does the Melee physical damage support gem works with frost blade (and 100% ice conversion), increasing the physical damage converted by the skill in cold damage?

Frost Blades deals a melee hit which shoots projectiles. Melee Physical Damage will boost all physical damage and all damage that has been converted from physical in the melee hit, but not the projectiles.

"

Why does the threshold jewel Fight for Survival works without allocating the 4 dexterity nodes around (to get 40 dext) ?

In Patch 2.6.0 threshold jewels had their attribute requirement lowered from 50 to 40 and no longer require the attributes to be allocated. You can understand this from the updated wording, which says "With at least 40 Dexterity in Radius," i.e., there exists 40 Dexterity worth of nodes in the radius; there is no word "allocate" or "select" in the jewel description anymore.

Does it means multistrike doesn't lower the damage of the frost blade projectiles, but only the main hit damage? Is cold conversion useful with this skill if we want to do the damage only with projectiles?
I shall purify you in flame, noob of nightmare!
"
Necronus2828 wrote:

Does it means multistrike doesn't lower the damage of the frost blade projectiles, but only the main hit damage? Is cold conversion useful with this skill if we want to do the damage only with projectiles?

Multistrike does lower the damage of the frost blade projectiles. The projectiles are Projectile Attacks, and Multistrike has "30% less Attack Damage."

The decision to convert to cold is independent of the decision of whether to focus on the melee hit or the projectiles, since both gain the same amount of conversion from the skill itself.

(Mark_GGG has said that "what is better" questions are out of scope for this thread, but I will tell you that in most cases, yes, when you use Frost Blades, you want to reach 100% physical to cold conversion, because this means you can scale the damage up easier through Physical or Cold, and you can gain the full effects of bonuses like Weapon Elemental Damage and Cold Penetration. There are some niche benefits that you lose by using full conversion; without Physical Damage, you cannot inflict Bleeding {nor Poison if you have no Chaos damage either}, and you do not benefit from x% of physical attack damage or physical damage leeched as life.)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Hey Mark, when legacy league end?
Lochtonial Caress has 10% chance to generate charge on kill, does it stack with Charge in kill and Overcharged nodes?(for total 22%)
"
Kruskader wrote:
Lochtonial Caress has 10% chance to generate charge on kill, does it stack with Charge in kill and Overcharged nodes?(for total 22%)

Yep. :) Same modifier, same wording, so they're additive.
hi. help me pelase
1. Does this weapons share benefit Hits can't be Evaded for the main weapon while dual wield like Lycosidae?
The Tempestuous Steel
Ornament of the East

2. Does "Increased Ignite Duration" decrease low bound for elemental status ailment "ignite" less than 5% aims hp?
Example

220ms+37%=220ms+81.4ms=301.4ms
So low bound for ignite fire damage hit is equal to 4%(220ms/60ms=3.67%) aim's max hp after resists.

i think no, but huh should check it :D
ign: HaruMamberu
"
RayManzarek wrote:

2. Does "Increased Ignite Duration" decrease low bound for elemental status ailment "ignite" less than 5% aims hp?
Example

220ms+37%=220ms+81.4ms=301.4ms
So low bound for ignite fire damage hit is equal to 4%(220ms/60ms=3.67%) aim's max hp after resists.

I think you are confused. There is no "low bound for ignite fire damage;" you are probably thinking of Shock and Freeze for Lightning and Cold Damage respectively, which have minimum duration requirements. Ignite has no minimum duration requirement. As long as you are dealing any amount of damage in the Ignite, the Ignite will occur. Also, Damage doesn't determine Duration for Ignites; Ignites have a fixed base duration regardless of Damage. This is unlike Shock and Freeze, where Damage determines Duration.

In short there is now "low bound for ignite fire damage."
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info