Mechanical Questions Thread

GGG, with most other skills, there are ways to speed them up. Even with traps, you can speed up the refresh rate for traps or increase the number of traps you have so it's not so painful to wait for another trap to be available. You also can increase the number of traps with supports such as cluster mines or multiple traps.

Is there a reason why desecrate doesn't have something similar? Either passives that allow a faster recharge, or the ability to create more bodies? For detonate dead or minion builds, this can really be a challenge and slows things down--especially in boss fights were dead bodies aren't plentiful.

Thanks for your consideration.
"
evotaliesin3 wrote:

Is there a reason why desecrate doesn't have something similar? Either passives that allow a faster recharge, or the ability to create more bodies? For detonate dead or minion builds, this can really be a challenge and slows things down--especially in boss fights were dead bodies aren't plentiful.

Detonate Dead - Trap Support - Cluster Trap Support generates more than enough corpses for my build. Have you tried that?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Hi GGG,

I would like to know what the drop rate tiers of Headhunter and Voll's Devotion used to be in their respective leagues (Nemesis and Onslaught), and whether that have been adjusted afterwards.

Headhunter might have always been T1 (not sure), but from my experience Voll's Devotion was definitely not T1. I found over 10 of them during Anarchy and they were worth 2-3c each.
In-game: leonid
All Challenges Done! (Ana/Ons) 9/9/2013
All Challenges Done! (Dom/Nem) 1/30/2014
All Challenges Done! (Tor/Bld) 3/10/2015
All Achievements Done! 9/28/2016
Last edited by sunleonid on Jul 14, 2016, 8:46:46 PM
Suppose I am playing a Deadeye who has the Far Shot passive, and I also take the Point Blank keystone, or support my skill with the Point Blank gem. How do these interact? My guess would be that Far Shot simply counteracts [all of or part of depending on the distance] the 'less damage' from Point Blank.

For that matter, if someone has taken the keystone and also uses the support gem, it's been my understanding that the increased damage at close range stacks, but what about the long range penalty, now that it has been capped at 50% less? Does that cap apply across the board, so that using both still won't bring you below 50% less damage, or does using both mean no damage at extremely long range, the way that it used to when either one was used prior to 2.1? Or am I totally wrong and multiple sources of Point Blank don't stack with each other the way that Point Blank and Chin Sol's close range damage boost stack?
OPA Guild Officer: to join see http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119502
"
Cidira wrote:
Suppose I am playing a Deadeye who has the Far Shot passive, and I also take the Point Blank keystone, or support my skill with the Point Blank gem. How do these interact? My guess would be that Far Shot simply counteracts [all of or part of depending on the distance] the 'less damage' from Point Blank.

More and Less modifiers stack multiplicatively, which means at max distance with both Point Blank + Far Shot your skill would deal: 0.5(PointBlank)*1.3(FarShot) = 0.65 (which actually means you've buffed your MaxDist damage by 30%). So your damaging calculation should look like this:

Assuming you have no other More/Less mods at MaxDist:
SkillDamage*(IncDamageA+IncDamageB+...)*0.65

Assuming you have no other More/Less mods at CloseDist:
SkillDamage*(IncDamageA+IncDamageB+...)*1.5*1

"
Cidira wrote:
For that matter, if someone has taken the keystone and also uses the support gem, it's been my understanding that the increased damage at close range stacks

Point Blank Support Gem simply grants you the Point Blank Passive, so it does nothing if you already have it.

"
Cidira wrote:
...but what about the long range penalty, now that it has been capped at 50% less?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Point_Blank

"
Cidira wrote:
Chin Sol's close range damage boost stack?

Yes it does like any other More/Less mods. Point Blank + Chin Sol at CloseDist formula looks like:
SkillDamage*(IncDamageA+IncDamageB+...)*1.5*2

Dealing 3x MORE Damage at Close Range, which is quite useful, specially on Bleed based builds.

I hope I have helped.
I have a question regarding a Wild Strike helmet enchantment and the Slayer Melee Splash node,

Does the 36% Increased Radius of Wild Strike enchantment increase the radius of the Melee Splash when using Wild Strike, or only the fire explosion? Nobody seems to know and It'd be nice to know before I buy a very expensive helmet, thanks..
"
jbbeta6 wrote:
Does the 36% Increased Radius of Wild Strike enchantment increase the radius of the Melee Splash when using Wild Strike, or only the fire explosion? Nobody seems to know and It'd be nice to know before I buy a very expensive helmet, thanks..

It should work like any other effects that modify the Area of a Skill.
A generic 10% IncArea passive boosts the Area components of any skills you cast.

Melee Splash turns your initial hit into an AoE, so it is now also affected by AoE mods.
Therefore, the 36% IncArea Enchantment should not only boost the Fire Explosion's AoE, but also the Splash.

I hope I have helped.
Last edited by DBawss on Jul 15, 2016, 10:32:15 AM
missclick.
Last edited by DBawss on Jul 15, 2016, 10:31:58 AM
How does poison support gem works with SRS?

Only 50% of damage will be calculated into poison damage?
Sorry for my bad English. Crit bow Ranger 97 lvl.
"
LazerDeath wrote:
How does poison support gem works with SRS?

Only 50% of damage will be calculated into poison damage?

Yes.
Assuming your SRS deals 1000 damage and that you have no other Physical to X conversions linked to it. You will deal 500 Physical Damage and 500 Fire Damage.
500*0.1 = 50 Poison
50(Poison)*[1(base)+0.38(IncPoisonGem)+(IncPassives+Stuff)]*Yseconds
Which would deal at the very least 50*1.38*2=138 Additional Poison Damage over 2s (standard Poison duration) with a lvl20 Poison Support.

I hope I have helped.
Last edited by DBawss on Jul 15, 2016, 2:00:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info