Path of Building: Offline Build Planner [v1.4.71]

I think a way to compare the benefit of different offensive stats directly with each other in the calcs tab would be nice.

Like this (change might pop up on mouseover like in the passive tree if there is not enough space else):
+10 Strength:
"
+2 Average Hit (+2.0%)
+2 Total DPS (+2.0%)
etc.

+10 Intelligence
+1% increased Attack speed
+1% increased Physical damage
+1% increased Critical Strike Chance
etc.

I know there are many stats to consider but there is like 2 columns of space in the calcs tab on the right. Furthermore you could filter stats which don't benefit the picked active skill e.g. filter spell dmg stats for a attack active skill.

What do you think?
IGN: NautyJugg
Last edited by tayfun369 on Mar 2, 2017, 5:20:38 AM
"
Openarl wrote:
That's unusual. The program updates itself directly from GitHub, so if that's accessible then the update should work; I have no idea why it doesn't.

I have uploaded new installers for 1.3.14, so you can use those to update though.

Edit: Can you test something for me? Try downloading this file. This is what the program is trying to download when it gives the error about the version manifest.

Edit 2: Oh, and another test: Initiate an update check, then once it fails, press Ctrl+~ to open the debug console, and show me a screenshot of it.
Just tested on another machine (specifically got 1.3.0 to see if it'll work there), and it updates just fine. Seems to be the problem is on that old machine. Will try to do manifest loading and looking at console output tomorrow.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Also having the same issue. The program appears as if full screen mode, and you can not drag it around, hide it etc.

99% sure this is caused by large displays that default to 150% text / app / other items size. Even tho we run at a proper 1920 x 1080 resolution, larger displays generally have to inflate the size of text and apps.
Oh, right. I'm not sure how the program is supposed to respond to that scaling; I'll have to look into it sometime.

"
tayfun369 wrote:
I think a way to compare the benefit of different offensive stats directly with each other in the calcs tab would be nice.

Like this (change might pop up on mouseover like in the passive tree if there is not enough space else):
+10 Strength:
"
+2 Average Hit (+2.0%)
+2 Total DPS (+2.0%)
etc.

+10 Intelligence
+1% increased Attack speed
+1% increased Physical damage
+1% increased Critical Strike Chance
etc.

I know there are many stats to consider but there is like 2 columns of space in the calcs tab on the right. Furthermore you could filter stats which don't benefit the picked active skill e.g. filter spell dmg stats for a attack active skill.

What do you think?
Similar suggestions have come up before; I've given a full response to this one on GitHub that outlines the problems with this.
Thanks for the extremely quick updates and for all the work being put into this wonderful tool!
Crit chance is getting capped at 90.25%
"
Bretzels wrote:
Crit chance is getting capped at 90.25%
Path of Building factors in accuracy when calculating your crit chance, so with attacks your effective crit cap will usually be lower than 95%.
I'm using Path of Building and just gotta put my obligatory THANK YOU into this thread for making such a great program. Appreicated
I don't know if it's pending but Dyadus still shows the old version.

Great job btw!
"Embrace the darkness"
"
jerkan7 wrote:
I don't know if it's pending but Dyadus still shows the old version.
That's one of the uniques I haven't updated yet. The patch notes for it state "Increased DPS by 50%", which is completely useless as it doesn't tell me what modifier they added; so that one will have to wait until the patch arrives.
shadow update in game
Last edited by lovekissq on Mar 2, 2017, 11:26:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info