[3.0] Poison/Bleed Tornado Shot Assassin (budget friendly)

"
zehel07 wrote:
If you have to choose between 5l Death's Opus (50% crit, 89-199 10as) or 5l Reach of the Council (93-275, 11% as) which would you go with and why? I am new that's why I am asking alot of questions :S

Reach of the Council has about 100 pDPS more which is huge, and the only thing Death's Opus has over Reach is the crit chance and crit multi which you're not really using for this build. So, definitely Reach.

"
xrodray wrote:
Hey, considering to roll this build, but have a few questions, have you tried this build against guardians and how have you performed?

I'm still farming T13/14/15, waiting until I get all my life nodes before trying guardians. I expect it to be a bit difficult because of their ailment resistance (50% less duration of bleed/poison/ignite). Will see when I get there.

"
lionking1211 wrote:
one simple question, why use rotc over a lionseye?

Simple answer: the additional projectiles. As I explain in the guide, with Tornado Shot and piercing, going from 5 projectiles to 7 is equivalent to getting a 40% more multiplier. And Lioneye's Glare doesn't have 40% more pDPS than Reach of the Council, more like 20%. And Far Shot doesn't work with poison and bleed.

"
Does "xx% increased Physical Damage with Bows" increase bleed or poison damage? What % is your estimated chance to evade attacks on your character?

It does not. And I'm at around 40% without Grace, 50% with Grace, 65% with Stibnite and Jade flasks active, and 70% after taking a hit thanks to the Soul of Garukhan pantheon buff.
Any reason you don't take the Entropy DOT cluster near shadow?

Thanks for sharing the build.
"
Adric17 wrote:
Any reason you don't take the Entropy DOT cluster near shadow?

Thanks for sharing the build.

To be honest I realized the same thing yesterday and had no explanation other than I was in a hurry to get to farther nodes and the path through Entropy is 2 nodes longer. It's 3 nodes for 47% increased damage, nothing to write home about, but it's a totally valid path.
Hi all,

First thx for this guide, i was looking for something like this ^^.

Next, i m working on the crit version of Bleed/Poison.

Here is my passive tree

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAUtBbUHmQiJDkgPqxR1Fr8Y2xm0GlUbyCF2IzYj9iSLJpUqCy0wMHwx-jJ-M9k2PTboOSU51DpSQzFFmkWpR35JE0yOTP9Nkk4qUUdTEFVLVvpZ8FqfW29br11oXfJfsGEhYVJh4mKsZU1mtmqMapNsjHBSdO12gnb3d9d6738rhKKE74Zghs6J04ngjDaNfY2_kx-VBZrxm7WdqqCfotmw2LTFtNG1SL02vqfBM8LswzrIDMgUykrKqdQj2sHjhOOf5ljpdvVv?accountName=xXCerberXx&characterName=xXOmegaStarScreamXx

Here my current gear

Spoiler

Ascendancy

Noxious Strike
Toxic Delivery

Because i have enough crit and multi i go for:
Ambush
Assassinate

OFC, i will change some gear and passive points later to make an optimal DPS, at the moment i will go for Life ^^
Yes indeed as i tried its not ideal life build in this DOT build for endgame contents, we suppose to bring up our damage per second and yet this poison/bleeding build force us to throw away so much health..
Kaom heart/belly already skipped and if we going for life item we will DOT slower and without LL as defend/low critical, i think i need find a way out to see CI build work on this build as energy shield regen much faster than using both life flasks..
Awesome build. I've got a couple questions though.
How strong or necessary is the bleed damage? I was considering reaching 100% poison with snakebites and running the new amulet maligaros cruelty with a trickster. That would save a lot of travel for crimson dance. I just have no idea how much 8 stacks of bleed contribute to the poison.
Last edited by The_Klous on Aug 22, 2017, 12:44:57 PM
"
xXCerberXx wrote:
Hi all,

Here is my passive tree

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAUtBbUHmQiJDkgPqxR1Fr8Y2xm0GlUbyCF2IzYj9iSLJpUqCy0wMHwx-jJ-M9k2PTboOSU51DpSQzFFmkWpR35JE0yOTP9Nkk4qUUdTEFVLVvpZ8FqfW29br11oXfJfsGEhYVJh4mKsZU1mtmqMapNsjHBSdO12gnb3d9d6738rhKKE74Zghs6J04ngjDaNfY2_kx-VBZrxm7WdqqCfotmw2LTFtNG1SL02vqfBM8LswzrIDMgUykrKqdQj2sHjhOOf5ljpdvVv?accountName=xXCerberXx&characterName=xXOmegaStarScreamXx

Here my current gear

Spoiler

Ascendancy

Noxious Strike
Toxic Delivery

Ambush
Assassinate

OFC, i will change some gear and passive points later to make an optimal DPS, at the moment i will go for Life ^^

Hey! I really don't recommend using Perfect Agony unless you have super expensive gear. It's just not worth the investment. 30% scaling off crit multiplier is horrible.
If you're really dedicated to your version of the build then you should absolutely get more life somehow. I wouldn't be surprised if you were around 2k life right now. You're lacking life (or decent life rolls) on your rings, amulet, quiver, belt AND boots. Are you even at 2,000 right now?
Your tree could also use some better pathing. For example you don't need Colhearted Calculation and you could save three nodes by just allocating the small dex node below Fangs of the Viper.
Finally, Iron Grip does nothing for DoT damage so you shouldn't waste points on it.
Good luck nonetheless!

"
The_Klous wrote:
Awesome build. I've got a couple questions though.
How strong or necessary is the bleed damage? I was considering reaching 100% poison with snakebites and running the new amulet maligaros cruelty with a trickster. That would save a lot of travel for crimson dance. I just have no idea how much 8 stacks of bleed contribute to the poison.

I'm going to go a bit in depth into the mechanics of this build.
Against trash mobs, the build's poison DPS and bleed DPS are nearly identical (about 6k per stack). The theory is, with one shot with Reach of the Council, GMP and Dying Sun you should be able to apply about 8 stacks of each. The result is about 100k DPS PER SHOT (this is important).
The bleed stacks will expire after ~12 seconds and the poison stacks after ~6 seconds. Which means that by just shooting ONCE at a pack, you're guaranteed 100k DPS for the first ~6 seconds and 50k DPS for the following ~6 seconds. You're free to do whatever you want in that time, shoot more, pick up loot, open a portal, sip coffee, but usually most monsters will die in less than 2-3 seconds and then trigger a Haemophilia chain reaction.
What happens when you shoot a second time? You apply 8 new stacks of poison immediately, but the 8 new stacks of bleed will be "queued" because you're limited to 8. So after the second shot, the monsters will take 150k DPS for ~6 seconds, and then 50k DPS for the following ~18 seconds.
So the longer you hit, the more poison DPS you will deal, up to a cap of almost 100 stacks after 6 seconds of standing still and holding right click. While the bleed DPS will stay constant.
Now assume you're fighting a guardian or Shaper. They have in-built 25% chaos resistance, and 50% less duration of ailments. If you followed the previous paragraph, you understand that the bleed portion of the damage doesn't care about either of those. It does physical damage and the stacks are queued anyway so unless you really stop attacking for a long time, the 50k DPS from bleed will always be there. Poison, on the other hand, cares about both. For each shot the "added" DPS will be around 38k, AND it it will only last for ~3 seconds. If you're moving a lot to dodge AoEs, then there's a chance the poison DPS will actually be lower than the bleed DPS.
You get the logic.

Now about the Trickster idea, I think it's not a bad one if you mostly care about clearing maps. But I expect you to struggle a bit more against end-game bosses, especially if you're required to dodge a lot. You're also not going to be able to maintain your frenzy/power charges against them.
Tornado shot deals physical damage and a lot of the bow passives do also (e.g., Deadly Draw, etc.). Wouldn't taking Vitality Void add a lot of survivability via leech?

Thanks again for the cool build and your replies.
"
gamboy wrote:
"
xXCerberXx wrote:
Hi all,

Here is my passive tree

Spoiler

Here my current gear

Spoiler

Ascendancy

Noxious Strike
Toxic Delivery

Ambush
Assassinate

Hey! I really don't recommend using Perfect Agony unless you have super expensive gear. It's just not worth the investment. 30% scaling off crit multiplier is horrible.
If you're really dedicated to your version of the build then you should absolutely get more life somehow. I wouldn't be surprised if you were around 2k life right now. You're lacking life (or decent life rolls) on your rings, amulet, quiver, belt AND boots. Are you even at 2,000 right now?
Your tree could also use some better pathing. For example you don't need Colhearted Calculation and you could save three nodes by just allocating the small dex node below Fangs of the Viper.
Finally, Iron Grip does nothing for DoT damage so you shouldn't waste points on it.
Good luck nonetheless!

Thx for all your responses

At the moment i have 2600 Life, and you are right i need more and i m working on now ^^

Yes i don't need Colhhearted calculation and Iron Grip it will be changed today ^^

Do you have any suggestion for my passive tree to have descent DPS ? (if you can realize 1 that i can compare with you will be cool,if you have time ofc)

I aquired Maligaro's cruelty and it's pretty cool too

Finally for my Crit built Reach of the council will be better than death's opus?
Last edited by xXCerberXx on Aug 23, 2017, 2:47:15 AM
A question - why not Drillneck quiver?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info