Charged Dash

If the viewpoint focus on the illusion rather than the character when channelling, this skill would be much smoother.
"
Azisard wrote:
If the viewpoint focus on the illusion rather than the character when channelling, this skill would be much smoother.

Or the middle point between the illusion and the character.
Guess I should have come here first, I see others have tested if the damage multiplier from stages apply to damage over time (it doesn't). That was a bit of a letdown, was all excited to make an Ignite Berserker with prolif to clear maps.

Please consider letting the stages apply to damage over time and not just hits, as it would open up for more cool builds around this skill. If the damage multiplier is too big for DoTs, maybe a separate multiplier for ailments could fit (in the style of Blade Flurry and Divine Ire, for example).
"
mourningmines wrote:
Guess I should have come here first, I see others have tested if the damage multiplier from stages apply to damage over time (it doesn't). That was a bit of a letdown, was all excited to make an Ignite Berserker with prolif to clear maps.

Please consider letting the stages apply to damage over time and not just hits, as it would open up for more cool builds around this skill. If the damage multiplier is too big for DoTs, maybe a separate multiplier for ailments could fit (in the style of Blade Flurry and Divine Ire, for example).

Yeah, I don't think the skill would be too powerful with ailment scaling either. It would just make for a much much more interesting skill to use. As it is right now I feel like it is a Cyclone that leaves you infinitely more vulnerable for no payoff.
For those who want to see how the math works. At least in PoB I created this build.

I have three different Oni-Goroshi Items. Just swap it with the one that has the correct labels. Using the item set dropdown would probable be easiest.

Dropdowns:
Base: Is the DMG you do until you reach max charge distance.
Pulse DPS: is the DMG you do once you reach max charge distance and keep channeling.
Full Charge DPS: Would be max stacks with the build at max distance before releasing the skill. Or in other words the damage you do when you release the skill assuming you hit maximum distance.

Anyways, Depending on your attack speed vs your movement speed. Will determine when the pulse or release will do more dmg.

If you focus only on movement speed. Your Full charge DPS can potently out DPS your pulse DMG. However if you focus on attack speed and not movement speed they swap places. Though most MS on the tree, items, and skills come with AS. Making the first scenario unlikely.

https://pastebin.com/QVBvrP2z - Balanced. (0.503s to reach max Distance.)
https://pastebin.com/rwuYUamf - Attack Speed focused. (0.615s...)
https://pastebin.com/ZtmMXhWn - Movement Speed focused. (0.331s... Also maybe I am just stupid, but most MS items come with AS. So I couldn't find a way of getting really high MS without also getting AS. Making it really hard to show when pulse dmg could be higher. Maybe I'll look into items that lower AS in the future.)

But almost always the full charged release will do more DPS than Pulses will.
Last edited by TheLockedGuy on Feb 4, 2022, 12:33:06 AM
Hi there,

I have some feedback and a suggestion for the Skillgem "Charged Dash".

For me, it doesn't feel good to play, because fighting bosses, for example, need very good positioning.
Using this skill reduces the chance to use the skill efficiently in a boss fight because the ghost makes a path, and if released the player teleports to the path.
If the boss uses an AOE skill effect, the player dies. (releasing the skill or not).

Suggestion:
- Changing "Charged Dash" to "Charging Dash".
- making it move continuously like "Cyclone" (let the character move while holding the button).
- The Illusions of "Charging Dash" could be attacking the already moved path for a duration, where the player was.

Why I suggest this Idea:
By letting the player move continuously, the player can dodge boss skills.
The illusions make damage if the player has good timing and positioning.

Would feel better to play.

kind regards
JeckNoTree
A
Hello, unlike Blade Flurry, clones generated by General's Cry do not benefit from the end of channeling effect for Charged Dash, making it half as potent as it could be.
I like how the current Charged Dash(3.21) work. But I could need some help to ease early game a bit more.

So basically if you at least add flat lightning to the skill like other lightning attack skills, so that it's easier to leveling with. Then this skill will be one of many skills that I'd consider to league start with.

Though the end game potential is high, the early to mid game potential is too low and required too high investment to even deal acceptable amount of damage.

I'm one of those weird guys that don't care of standing still in PoE. I mean if the game is treating like the floor is lava all the time, it's not fun at all.

Also the mechanical difficulty of charged dash is just fun to play around. That's why having some early progression assisting is great.
I would like to ask You to consider this change.

no "Always Attack Without Moving" - no change

with "Always Attack Without Moving" -

The skill starts thinking that You are holding the button on the ground where you single clicked and keeps channeling until one of two conditions are met.

1) You reach the spot You clicked on.
2) The illusion can't move in that direction anymore.
Then channeling ends.

If you start holding that skill hotkey again during channeling You overtake and it starts following Your mouse cursor again. If You just click the hotkey that means You release it immediately and the channeling stops there (to have a way to get out of channeling).

I have played Charged Dash many times and it's always so much fun for a day or two. The problem is (esspecialy when You get faster and more stuff is happening on the screen) that the steering gets very intense. Your whole display tears twice per second. You fear to blink because You don't know when an effect will stop Your channeling and where You end up.

When You complete the Atlas, You feel much more exhausted (eyes) then with other skills. Even skills that you manually aim like Flameblast and Bane and such are comfortable in comparison. Farming with it later means... You probably already know what I mean.

This would be a QoL change. Don't see any unfair advantage in it. Just that I would be able to enjoy my build longer before I have to switch to something like RF to wellness myself.
Charged Dash has hidden AOE scaling as you channel (while the illusion is moving) and even more AOE when you release the final wave. None of these stats are available on the gem or its internal datamineable stats. Please make this information available!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info