Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Betrayal

"
Elpinnen wrote:
The nerf to Shaper stat sticks were very much needed, but it's sad to see the OG stat sticks like Prismatic Eclpise, Soul Taker, Death's Hand etc are going to be pretty much deleted by this.

And I hope that certain movement skills are still usable with dual wield after this, such as Whirling Blades.

Oh, and plz nerf spell sticks

This here was all that was needed to be done.
Simple fix.

GGG, not everyone wants to play with spells or range.
«PVP» -- PVP Guild. Recruiting!

Pm me for: 1v1s / 2v2s / 3v3s / CTFs!
"
shydo wrote:
I still expect for the time when a patch focused on melee comes! The changes to champion or those new skills are so not melee.

This... STILL NO 2H BUFFS, MELEE STILL SUCKS AND NOW casters can use stat sticks.. SEEMS LEGIT.

Make melee GREAT AGAIN!
Super excited for the uniques remakes/buffs! Opens so many possibilities for new viable builds.

As a totem-lover, the max totem decrease is definitely a nerf to overall DPS, even if you can get it with veiled mods. But with those double summoning I guess it can make clearspeed a bit faster? Acceptable change for me.

But as for the stat stick change, I really hope that tomorrow we see buffed numbers on melee skills in general, so that 2h becomes at least playable. And for the love of god please nerf BV(and possibly GC). It's been the leading source of cheesiness and killer of diversity.
"
In 3.5.0 we are removing the ability to use stat sticks, through the following changes:

Didn't even read the rest, this is one of the best adjustments in recent history.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Now cuz u guys maked stastick useless , lets see how much time we will still need to wait till inpulsa finaly will get a nerf.
Wew you guys really have no idea what your doing do you? Shaper stat sticks were the problem, but instead of tweaking their values you kill off stat sticks completely including all the unique items that were made to be stat sticks like Prismatic. Unless the new impale mechanics are really powerful melee use is going to tank this league.

On a side note you guys really like fucking over standard players don't ya?
So long melee builds. Was nice knowing you. RIP stat stick.
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

YOLO!
hmm shaper weapons for casters only, makes sense since elder weapons only benefit melee

but the changes to ascendencies is bad :(
the purity/agony changes for guardian and pathfinder were bad enough

builds shouldnt be pigeonholed into playing from a specific area of the tree, skill specific ascendencies pretty much force players to use that class since the opportunity cost is too high
drenched 👌
-----
blue blade flurry mtx plssss
also crystal earth shatter
And other thing they need to nerf for melee build... The AoE they have... Why melee hit all the screen when spell can't? I cannot believe Reave is still a melee skill or Ice Crash... Those attack can hit all the screen... They should be range or magic, but never melee. Dual Strike or Viper strike, those are melee skill.
Hmm, I suspect hierophants will still be better overall, but I am suddenly intrigued by the idea of ascendant totem builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info