[3.24] 🗡The Nightblade🗡 Unholy Might : 100% phys converted to chaos

Hey thx,

I have checked your PoB.
Your DPS is awesome and your dodge is almost capped, but it's true you lack life and some defenses. No need to change the daggers atm.

- You need a flask with anti-bleed mod and one with anti-freeze.

- Not sure you need the Watcher's Eye/Precision. Cannot be blinded is very situational (only happens with smoke shrines I think). You can put a jewel there instead with 7% inc max life or a Clarity Watcher's Eye (more expensive).

- If you want to use Mind over Matter, you need to reserve less mana.
> Instead of Hyrri's amulet, get a rare one with life + res.
> A Vermillion rare ring with life + res.

> On the tree, remove Throatseeker (4 pts) and allocate Depth Perception (3 pts), you'll get back 100% accuracy. Then 1pt goes into 6% life at the western end of the tree.
IMO, you can afford to lose some dmg in favour of more life.

I like the Arakaali's dagger, spiders are fun. You can put three supports in the dagger to buff the spiders (no links required) :
- Minion Damage
- Multistrike
- Vile Toxins
Maybe there are some better supports, but you get the idea. It will improve your clearspeed.

I have made these changes to your PoB, you can get 5k life quite easily + I changed ticked boxes in Config :
https://pastebin.com/BnZ9kFsr

Gl & hf :)
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on Apr 11, 2020, 5:58:12 AM
Hey rahsaan,

Thanks for the tips, it was really helpful. I managed to raise my HP pool to 5.1k with 130 ES, and unreserved mana to about 530.

- It was quite a hefty investment as I maintained the Hyrri's amulet after buying a Watcher's Eye with Precision +10% AS mode & 20% inc damage to mana for 4 sec with clarity.

This definitely helped my survivability overall by a ton

- I was primarily using Arakaali's dagger as a stop-gap before gearing into end-game rare daggers, and wanted to just use the AS/poison buff from 20 spiders. Also, did not want to sacrifice so many gem slots.

Anyway, could you kindly elaborate on a few things:

1) Would kiarra's determination not serve the purpose of anti-freeze/stun/curse?

2) Why is anti-bleed important in end game?

Thanks!
You cannot predict what you cannot see coming.
You're right about the Kiara flask for anti-freeze.
And anti-bleed is important because... bleed can kill you very fast :D 20 stacks of corrupted blood happen often and are deadly.

Here is a new video : my first kill of Kosis in the Simulacrum at wave 18.
Took me several tries before doing it. And you'll see that I start by making every possible mistake.
His slam is deadly, like the Shaper's and Elder's ones but faster so more dangerous. Once again, I've experienced that as a melee char, you are more protected when you fight toe to toe, because you can get Fortify, stun, leech etc.

#11 : I Am The Nightmare

Hope you like it :)
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
I have improved the Endgame section and added infos about the cluster jewels, with a selection of notables.

Also, I want to add a FAQ section later.
Here is a draft :

I die too much, what can I do ?
- Get 5k life
- Get an anti-bleed flask and an anti-freeze one
- Get as much attack and spell dodge as possible

Which unique daggers for levelling ?
- Widowmaker for the 10 acts
To begin Atlas :
- Bino's Kitchen
- Sanguine Gambol
- Taproot

Why this low-level CwDT+Cold Snap ?
So that it procs on every pack and chill them. A small but nice layer of defense.

I don't like MoM. Must I really use it ?
No, you can use the same skill tree but without this Keystone. This will allow you to reserve more mana.

Can I use other weapons than daggers ?
Yes, you can use claws : less DPS, more survivability.

Can I use another skill than Blade Flurry ?
Yes, you can use Cyclone with the exact same setup : less single target DPS, more survivability.

I'll probably add other questions later.

Hi rahsaan,

Thanks for the continuous update!

Right now, I would like to invest in a Brutal Restraint Timeless Jewel for DEX stacking & Wind Dancer, but have few questions:

1) You mention the Jewel Socket near Pain Attunement as a good location, but that was for v3.9. As my tree currently stands, there is only 1 Notable active (Lucidity) taken there, & 9 minor passives. I'd have to invest an additional point in Pain Attunment itself for Wind Dancer.

What is your opinion on these numbers? (Assuming an average/floor seed roll for the Brutal Restraint)

2) Is this strategy up to date, or do you think I should invest my time/currency into Large Cluster Jewels?

Cheers!
Last edited by WesterVespertine on Apr 14, 2020, 6:40:18 AM
To clarify this point, I think you have to choose between two options :
1) you use the Brutal Restraint to get the Wind Dancer Keystone.
2) you use it elsewhere to get as much bonuses with small passives and notables, but no Keystone.

It's hard to get both at the same time.
I have eventually chosen the first option for my char in Std. Wind Dancer seems a better choice, because it's a good defense and it's deterministic : with a Deshret Brutal Restraint, you know you will get the Keystone.
While the bonuses on the other nodes are random. They depend of the seed number but they are not better when the number is higher. Because "better" strictly depends of your build. We don't care for a Brutal Restraint that'd give a lot of projectile and poison dmg, but a Barrage poison build would love it.

You have to be very lucky to get a timeless jewel that is strictly better than a normal jewel.
For instance, it may give you "10% chance frenzy charge on hit", but... on a Trap/Mine notable that will cost you 4pts.
Or it may give you some life and dmg, but then you realized you'd get more with a Viridian jewel.

As for the cluster jewels, I think they are worth it if :
1) you can get some QoL that you won't find on the normal tree, e.g. : Hex Breaker, Surging Vitality...
2) they can give you bonuses you find on the normal tree, but for less points : Unwavering Focus instead of Lucidity

All these Timeless and cluster jewels can be awesome, but they also put such a mess in your build... They force you to spend hours theorycrafting and minmaxing on PoB. That's part of the game : discover what is worth it, what is not worth it and most important : what seems worth but is not...
Last edited by rahsaan on Apr 14, 2020, 8:52:13 AM
"
rahsaan wrote:
To clarify this point, I think you have to choose between two options :
1) you use the Brutal Restraint to get the Wind Dancer Keystone.
2) you use it elsewhere to get as much bonuses with small passives and notables, but no Keystone.

It's hard to get both at the same time.
I have eventually chosen the first option for my char in Std. Wind Dancer seems a better choice, because it's a good defense and it's deterministic : with a Deshret Brutal Restraint, you know you will get the Keystone.
While the bonuses on the other nodes are random. They depend of the seed number but they are not better when the number is higher. Because "better" strictly depends of your build. We don't care for a Brutal Restraint that'd give a lot of projectile and poison dmg, but a Barrage poison build would love it.

You have to be very lucky to get a timeless jewel that is strictly better than a normal jewel.
For instance, it may give you "10% chance frenzy charge on hit", but... on a Trap/Mine notable that will cost you 4pts.
Or it may give you some life and dmg, but then you realized you'd get more with a Viridian jewel.

As for the cluster jewels, I think they are worth it if :
1) you can get some QoL that you won't find on the normal tree, e.g. : Hex Breaker, Surging Vitality...
2) they can give you bonuses you find on the normal tree, but for less points : Unwavering Focus instead of Lucidity

All these Timeless and cluster jewels can be awesome, but they also put such a mess in your build... They force you to spend hours theorycrafting and minmaxing on PoB. That's part of the game : discover what is worth it, what is not worth it and most important : what seems worth but is not...

Thank you once again - this makes much more sense now. I decided to try the Brutal Restraint in that slot I mentioned for Wind Dancer as it only costs me 1 pt for Pain Attunement, with a decent DEX bonus on my existing small passives. I ended up getting 10% chance to avoid Stun on my Lucidity notable, which isn't great but isn't the worst.

I will continue to explore the Large Cluster Jewel setup you mentioned..

A quick question:

1) I was using Ambush & Assassinate for quite a while, but realize it is a trap as we don't really use a '1 shot' spell/projectile to abuse the Full Life mechanic.

I've since change to Opportunistic - with this + Wind Dancer + Acrobatics + Phase Acrobatics, I expect to have a lot more survivability (although POB doesn't fully capture this).

What are you thoughts on my assessment?
Wow, 400k views and counting :) Once again, thx to all for your interest !

"
1) I was using Ambush & Assassinate for quite a while, but realize it is a trap as we don't really use a '1 shot' spell/projectile to abuse the Full Life mechanic.

For Wind Dancer, you can write it directly on the jewel in PoB :

"40% less Evasion Rating if you haven't been Hit Recently
20% more Evasion Rating if you've been Hit Recently"

It will be recognized by PoB, you can tick/untick the box in Configuration.
But the most important feature is 20% less dmg taken if not hit recently. It is used to mitigate this one big hit from a boss, and it also works on DoT, which is super nice :)

As for the Ascendancy, I must say I prefer A&A. I've begun this league with Opportunistic, but I felt I lacked DPS. Once I switched to A&A, it felt much better thx to the Culling strike.
The "full life" bonus helps to insta-kill mobs, while the low-life bonus makes the end of boss fights faster = safer.
Last edited by rahsaan on Apr 15, 2020, 5:41:22 AM
"
rahsaan wrote:
Wow, 400k views and counting :) Once again, thx to all for your interest !

"

For Wind Dancer, you can write it directly on the jewel in PoB :

"40% less Evasion Rating if you haven't been Hit Recently
20% more Evasion Rating if you've been Hit Recently"

It will be recognized by PoB, you can tick/untick the box in Configuration.
But the most important feature is 20% less dmg taken if not hit recently. It is used to mitigate this one big hit from a boss, and it also works on DoT, which is super nice :)

As for the Ascendancy, I must say I prefer A&A. I've begun this league with Opportunistic, but I felt I lacked DPS. Once I switched to A&A, it felt much better thx to the Culling strike.
The "full life" bonus helps to insta-kill mobs, while the low-life bonus makes the end of boss fights faster = safer.

Yes I managed to make a custom jewel for the Brutal Restraint in POB for Wind Dancer, I also updated my PoB with the Community Fork allowing for Crimson Dance, Impale, and other various calculations. Much better.

For the Ascendancy - wouldn't the first stage/hit of Blade Flurry only trigger the Full Life clause? Whereas the majority of our damage comes from channeling it to 6 stages then Phase Run + release, rinse & repeat?

I'm afraid I'm not getting enough mileage out of that, although I agree Culling Strike is the best part of the A&A..

From my brief testing, I'm enjoying the additional movement speed when mapping from Opportunistic, makes for a smoother experience + assassin feeling. Also, the fixed 25% damage buff against boss seems more consistent.

I'd have to test more to see if its a matter of preference, thanks for your active input once again!
Hello, thanks for the guide, so I have shaper's touch gloves but I won't plan stacking more dex. Is it worth to keep it? Should i use other rare gloves with some life and res? Btw I'm using loreweave, reaching 75% ele res is pretty easy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info