[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Hi!

Thoughts on the alt. version of contagion and blight?
Last edited by rövballeknut on Sep 17, 2020, 2:36:51 AM
I guess new contagion with more AoE is better

the ED alternate with more leech is potentially also interesting, but I guess you still want as much ED damage as possible for singletarget
"
rövballeknut wrote:
Hi!

Thoughts on the alt. version of contagion and blight?

Contagion
Default - 10% increased Area of Effect
Alternate 1- 60% increased Chaos Damage
Alternate 2 - 60% chance to Spread when affected Enemy is Hit

Contagion wise, I think I keep the AoE.
The Contagion clear was good enough, dont believe I need mroe dps.
And chance to spread on hit... hm do they mean the initial ED hit? Dont know, its ok as it is at the moment for me.

Essence Drain
Default - 20% increased Chaos Damage
Alternate 1 - Regenerate 0.10% of Debuff Damage as Life
Alternate 2 - 100% increased Damage with Hits

The regen quality is not bad, even more tankyness.
The hit quality, dont know, does not sound that impressive.

Both the contagion and ED alternate quality 2 are designed around hits, while this is basically dot playstyle. I wonder what are GGG thoughts here
Regen from ED quality looks really nice, another 10% increased damage isn't doing much anyways.
To actually benefit from it, wouldn't we need Zealot's Oath all the way to the left side of the tree which all those travel nodes?
Or maybe get it from some flask? (Sorrow of the Divine)

Intensify can give you 10% more AOE, which is nice since it would replace the loss you get from a possible change of contagion quality. Or you simply take the bigger AOE which is always good for contagion, not as if you clear with it.
Last edited by HHLupus on Sep 17, 2020, 4:44:32 AM
Sadly, nothing really stands out to me for alternate quality on main gems.
The ED regen is half decent, but I'd rather not bother and just take a bit of damage.
There's a few good things on auras and quality of life gems, here's the list of swaps I think are worth doing:

Spoiler

Malevolence
To : You and nearby allies have 10% increased Skill Effect Duration

Discipline
To : 10% increased Damage while on Full Energy Shield

Flesh and Stone
To : Buff grants 10% increased Evasion Rating and Armour

Flame dash
To : 20% increased travel distance

Empower Support
To : 60% reduced Strength Requirement

Infused Channelling Support
From: Gain Infusion after Channelling a Supported Skill for -0.4 seconds
To : 10% increased Effect of Infusion

Intensify Support
To : Supported Skills have 10% increased Area of Effect

Note that The following seems interesting:
Item Rarity Support
Default:
10% increased Rarity of Items Dropped by Enemies Slain from Supported Skills
Alternate Quality 1 :
Supported Skills have 2% chance for Coin Shower on Kill

If this is strong, we may just put that in contagion instead of faster casting, as it's always contagion that does the killing.
Last edited by Darkxellmc on Sep 17, 2020, 4:37:40 AM
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
Shortx wrote:
Hi I'm wondering if you can take a look at my build to work out obvious things I am missing or doing wrong. I'm a very new player learning mechanics of the game so I'm very happy for it to be absolutely ripped to shreds :)

Hopefully this pastebin works for POB: https://pastebin.com/3btSA6xU

Anyway I feel like for the currency invested the dps should be higher, but I think I'm bottlenecking it by lacking a lot of % dmg/chaos/dot multipliers.

Your guide is excellent, I really appreciate the time it must have taken to put everything together. It's presented very clearly. I'm trying to follow it but I'm not sure I'm where I should be. Any time you have would be greatly appreciated.

Your gear is decent, just pretty basic. It's pretty typical for new players to just get life+resistances on rare gear, and not know what they can do to further improve gear pieces. Especially when changing a single peace means solving the resistance puzzle on your character again. So don't worry, you're doing well!

In the guide, check out every gear slot for more expensive options. The first thing I'd do is get a quiver with life and dot multiplier.
Then probably a better bow with liquefaction suffix.
Then an amulet with +1gems, or even both +1 gems and dot multi.
Then damage on jewellery, and finally a better helm.

Also, don't forget to vendor your lvl20 0%quality gems with a gcp to get 20% quality ones. This is VERY important for your totems and contagion to get more placement speed and aoe.

I'm puting this last so you don't forget: FIX YOUR FLASKS.
Do you just die when you click a freeze strongbox, or when you kill a pack of mobs with corrupted blood? Do you run a snail speed on temporal chains maps?
You NEED a staunching flask AND a heat one. Atziri's promise does nothing for this build, chalice and forbidden taste are really meh.
Check the gear>flask section of the guide and do that.

Thanks for the quick response. Done some upgrades (including flasks) and got an extra 500 hp and 120kish ED dps which helped me get my first Sirus kill on the 2nd attempt.

Regarding the bow with liquefaction suffix, would it be better to go through your 5ex (about my budget) crafting guide and hope to get the +1 to socketed and liquefaction suffix with alteration orbs? Or try another method or just save for the next bow in your guide?
Last edited by Shortx on Sep 17, 2020, 5:19:22 AM
\edit\ nevermind

But, how does PoE calculate mathematical rounding?
When I try to calculate my mana reservation, i end up having numbers like 14,48%. So, is that 14 or 15% ?
Last edited by markuskanada on Sep 17, 2020, 7:01:23 AM
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
Sadly, nothing really stands out to me for alternate quality on main gems. [...]

Generally I think with the new 800 *2/*3 Alternate Quality Gems, the number of possible gem combinations and gem/gear interactions just went from staggering to absolutely mindblowingly inhuman :)

I wonder if there is going to be any person out there able to actually keep in mind all those options when planning builds. GG GGG. (I mean it in a good way)
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
reserved
"
markuskanada wrote:
\edit\ nevermind

But, how does PoE calculate mathematical rounding?
When I try to calculate my mana reservation, i end up having numbers like 14,48%. So, is that 14 or 15% ?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mana_reservation#Reservation_calculations

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info