[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Kyretheti wrote:
It is the most dissapointment build I ever tried. Extreamly weak damage with juicy bonus of 20fps-way play. Blight encounters are just unbeatble. Any summoner build can complete blight without towers (at least at white maps). This build can't complete it even with all towers you can afford. Maybe damage can be boosted around 80-90 lvl character but I can't lvl it up while I always have 20fps and even can't experience league mechanic. Such a waste of weekend.

Let me guess - you forgot that everything in this build scales from Int and neglected to take Int nodes and use Int gear?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, if Blight is your main focus then summoner builds have it a whole lot easier than builds based on active skills. At least until GGG fix the balance.

Nothing to say about the fps issues though. I'll probably add a warning that one should check if their GPU can handle Icestorm first, before trying this build.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 15, 2019, 11:34:47 PM
"
It makes me wonder if low frames = less damage. I've heard of FPS affecting damage in other games. Could that be the case here?

No, the damage is calculated on the server side and is not affected by the client fps. It is affected by Int though, and some people forget about that.
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
I present to thee The Grand Gucci of Talismans:

Dear Astramentis: SUCK IT! :)

Nice find!

I missed it because my filter was set to 16% increased attributes! I woulda sold you my current one though...
I'm a little bit puzzled. I just noticed that my "Energy Shield Leech From Spell Damage" has completely disappeared from my Misc stats. I could have sworn it was listed before.

It only lists "Energy Shield Leech from Cold Damage" (0.2%) now.

Any ideas?

I have all of the appropriate tree nodes. Ethereal Feast, Light Eater, etc.
I absolutely love your Icestorm builds Kelvynn!
I played the old version of the elementalist, and the life-based version of the marauder.

I was wondering if this is the go-to build for icestorm in the current version of the game?
I have an old high level scion on standard that I can convert into this build. (unfortunately these days if I'm going back to POE it'll be in standard do to lack of free time)
"
I'm a little bit puzzled. I just noticed that my "Energy Shield Leech From Spell Damage" has completely disappeared from my Misc stats. I could have sworn it was listed before.

It only lists "Energy Shield Leech from Cold Damage" (0.2%) now.

Any ideas?

I have all of the appropriate tree nodes. Ethereal Feast, Light Eater, etc.

Ignore this. I had the wrong ability selected. It was a late night, okay?!
need some help

the most things work now. Also i dont like the tower defence as i play it now for near a week i have big problems to klick the icons and often it dont react (same problem in incursions as i klick the door and it dont take it) seems for me the cyclone icestorm is to much for that. But have no problems with gpu. Framerate mostly over 40.
As for the stucking framerate drops i realised that it was mostly near water. I reduce the water details and now it works and had no jumping frames since that.

BUT

when i do blights i cant see the mobs as the icestorm overlaps all textures. And if i see the big boss its mostly to late as he hit one time the pump and its gone.
How do you manage to see the boss early enougth and he runs over my blocking minions like nothing.
and the last perhaps stupid question. I see there must come a boss in the blight thing as a sign. But how do i know wich of the notes is in wich place. There is a string under the encounter but if there are some roots how can i see wich root the boss is coming?
And i thought the mobs follow the rootes but i have often mobs who go over the strings and destroy my pump. (the fireball mobs are a pain but not only this kind)
"
RoyBaty wrote:
I absolutely love your Icestorm builds Kelvynn!
I played the old version of the elementalist, and the life-based version of the marauder.

I was wondering if this is the go-to build for icestorm in the current version of the game?
I have an old high level scion on standard that I can convert into this build. (unfortunately these days if I'm going back to POE it'll be in standard do to lack of free time)

Thanks!

Yes, this is the current evolution. Cyclone is the way to go, and Ascendant is back on top.
"
when i do blights i cant see the mobs as the icestorm overlaps all textures. And if i see the big boss its mostly to late as he hit one time the pump and its gone.
How do you manage to see the boss early enougth and he runs over my blocking minions like nothing.
and the last perhaps stupid question. I see there must come a boss in the blight thing as a sign. But how do i know wich of the notes is in wich place. There is a string under the encounter but if there are some roots how can i see wich root the boss is coming?
And i thought the mobs follow the rootes but i have often mobs who go over the strings and destroy my pump. (the fireball mobs are a pain but not only this kind)

Blight mobs are hard to see in general, with most skills. I use the minimap in the corner of the screen to see them - they are the red dots.

Boss visibility is a big issue for everybody. They are HARDER to see than trash mobs! They are represented by a golden 'hollow dot' on the minimap, very similar to the pump and the blight portals. It takes some practice before you train your eyes to notice them. Also, many of the bosses are imbalanced - too hard to kill or too strong overall. Some of them are getting nerfed soon.

How to tell which portal is where? No real way other than checking them out as they spawn. But you don't have time for that except for at the very beginning.

BTW, the blocking minions are getting nerfed in 3.8.1. I wouldn't count on them quite as much as ZiggyD's video suggests.
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
I present to thee The Grand Gucci of Talismans:

Dear Astramentis: SUCK IT! :)

Very nice, made a similar one last league and got lucky with the jorgin tailman corruption

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info