[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

You're still using Arctic Armour - why is that?

Due to cyclone, we're constantly moving, so Arctic Armour does nothing except for chilling things (which they are anyways due to chilled ground from icestorm), right?

According to both the gem description and the wiki (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arctic_Armour) the physical and fire reduction only works while stationary.
"
EF_Balduin wrote:
You're still using Arctic Armour - why is that?

Due to cyclone, we're constantly moving, so Arctic Armour does nothing except for chilling things (which they are anyways due to chilled ground from icestorm), right?

According to both the gem description and the wiki (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arctic_Armour) the physical and fire reduction only works while stationary.

AA is used for:
1) tanking hard hitting bosses (cycloning in one spot counts as 'not moving');
2) chilling ranged enemies that shoot at you (they are not on Icestorm ground).
"
Virevly wrote:
Regarding the reflect issue ... isn't respeccing to Elementalist a option ? Only real thing that would be bad as far i see is the ES regen that you lose and losing a extra curse (cyclone grants the cannot be stunned while channeling )Eleamentalist grants you -10 resistance penatration / cannot take reflected damage and extra golem. i'll was thinking of using Stone Golem for making up with the los off regen but dunno if 2 of them doubles their effect ? And maybe get some lightning damage to get some chocks sometimes. Also you can get Whispers of Doom fairly easy to make up the loss of the extra curse.
What you think of this ?

Frostbite is better than 10% extra penetration, plus we get increased effect for both Frostbite and Enfeeble. The points can get you an extra jewel socket instead of Whispers of Doom.

Stun immunity is a lesser issue with Cyclone, but still nice to have - for example, you can get stunned when opening a strongbox.

Finally, 1.5% extra regen is very nice for mitigating Blood Rage or walking through lab traps. Sure, that can also be obtained for 3 points, but that's another jewel socket lost.

Trading all that for reflect immunity and some minor bonuses from golems (no, 2 of the same golem will not give you twice the bonus) doesn't look to be worth it. Reflect is already a rare mod, you can avoid it. I just wanted to show how to deal with it when you really need to run a map like that, or just want to have an easy time with Atziri.
Yo Kelvynn, just wanted to thank you for this build, it's super fun and strong to play. I've played so many builds not many stand out, but yours do. I played the other version few leagues ago without cyclone which was also nice, but this is definitely better thanks to the cyclone changes. I believe the performance / fps issues are related to cpu btw not gpu, and obviously optimization of the game engine.

Also maybe you could update some recommendations for passives to use oil for? I put Deep Thoughts on my amulet, but was wondering if there was a better option for the same price (not playing SSF, I know SSF oil drops suck atm).

What about Sovereignty for aspect of the spider? Would Oiling it to amulet be enough or do I need the other nodes as well? (EDIT: Think it needs 3 silver oils so kinda expensive :(, well roughly 1 ex so maybe not )

Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Pikkuhippi on Sep 24, 2019, 3:36:09 PM
Hello,

i was able to get this amulet. How would you continue crafting here?

"
Naramie_VI wrote:
Hello,

i was able to get this amulet. How would you continue crafting here?

That has 1 prefix and 2 suffixes.

Normal approach would be to craft can craft multiple (suffix), and then +max energy shield and %increased max energy shield (prefixes.)

You want to reroll the 10% to 12% first with some divines, and then craft on top of that.
"
Pikkuhippi wrote:
Also maybe you could update some recommendations for passives to use oil for? I put Deep Thoughts on my amulet, but was wondering if there was a better option for the same price (not playing SSF, I know SSF oil drops suck atm).

What about Sovereignty for aspect of the spider? Would Oiling it to amulet be enough or do I need the other nodes as well? (EDIT: Think it needs 3 silver oils so kinda expensive :(, well roughly 1 ex so maybe not )

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

To use 4 auras (Discipline, F&S, AA and Aspect) you need not only Sovereignty but also the small nodes leading to it. This is definitely worth trading 1 jewel socket for. And if you level higher and get that socket back, the other options at the final levels are not even as good.

Deep Thoughts doesn't look like a great idea. Only 20 Int and some mana.

Things to get with the oils:

- Diamond Skin (Clear, Sepia, Teal): excellent for leveling;
- Wisdom of the Glade (Clear, Clear, Amber): once your resists are good, here's cheap 30 Int;
- Mystic Talents (Amber, Opalescent, Silver): next step up, some ES and damage on top of 30 Int;
- Tranquility (Azure, Golden, Golden): the ultimate upgrade, a MASSIVE damage buff plus a little more ES.

I added Anointment to the Gear section of the build. The Blight league is obviously a success, and I'm sure it will be added to the core game.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 24, 2019, 5:30:10 PM
Quick question.

I have an Astramentis amulet with the 'Allocates Utmost Intellect' enchant (Yay for saving a skill point!).

Is there any better way of re-assigning the two nodes leading up to it?

I'm guessing no (given that they give 2x15 INT), but I also know how creative people can be, so I might as well ask.

EDIT: Using the Aspect version of tree, btw. Level 93, exact.
Last edited by WaywornExile on Sep 24, 2019, 5:32:23 PM
"
Quick question.

I have an Astramentis amulet with the 'Allocates Utmost Intellect' enchant (Yay for saving a skill point!).

Is there any better way of re-assigning the two nodes leading up to it?

I'm guessing no (given that they give 2x15 INT), but I also know how creative people can be, so I might as well ask.

Mmmm... why would you want to skip two 15 Int nodes and waste the anointment? IMO that's not a good idea. Spending 3 points on Utmost Intellect is a no-brainer, and you can anoint +30 Int (Wisdom of the Glade) with the cheapest oils if you can't afford Mystical Talents or, ultimately, Tranquility.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Mmmm... why would you want to skip two 15 Int nodes and waste the anointment? IMO that's not a good idea. Spending 3 points on Utmost Intellect is a no-brainer, and you can anoint +30 Int (Wisdom of the Glade) with the cheapest oils if you can't afford Mystical Talents or, ultimately, Tranquility.

Fair enough. Thank you.

Let the grind towards Tranquility begin.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info