[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

I've changed my mind, the build is quite tanky with mageblood, it is just that this league modifiers are deadly on juiced maps.
Hi guys, just transitioned to this build but finding it a bit squishy.
Any thing i can do to improve my defense would be appreciated.
I'm over 70 and have a hand problem so that is why i am using Mark on Hit to activate Sniper's Mark which for some reason doesn't appear to be working?
Thanks.
I tried my first T17 map and thought i rolled it well.
Unfortunately it had a lot of burrowers who just popped up and wiped me out in short order, aside from quick reflexes to move away (which i lack) i suspect there is very little chance to defend from those attack types.
Last edited by EDMOSES on Apr 28, 2024, 3:23:45 PM
Hey having a blast with this build after being away from poe for some years, I'd appreciate some tips on what to prioritize right now, sitting at lv 94 with some cash in had 19divs and 300 hundred chaos but not sure what I should prioritize for.

Any other recommendation would be appreciated, I just finished my atlas comp but still missing the maven invitation skills points. Not sure what would give me more power/survavibility right now. I'm chaining t16 since a day and will be making some currency but I don't get to play a lot.
The next big upgrade for you would probably be either crafting or buying a +2 amulet. A fractured crit multi base, roll with alts till +1 all skils, then regal it and craft cannot roll attack mods, then harvest add/remove cold mod to have a very good shot at hitting +2 cold skill gems. You should also be running a golem (lightning golem cast speed makes the build much more responsive as well as being a large dps boost) and as you're running replica farrul's I would suggest you find somewhere to slot immortal cry linked to increased duration (perhaps alongside your cold snap as increased duration does nothing for eternal blessing so move that to another slot).
Enjoying your build, still need +4 amulet, working on it.

Quick question. Have you considered using annihilating light instead of pledge of hands? By capping res with mageblood and flasks, would it be more dps ?
annihilating light is a 3x multiplier at a frankly outrageous cost this league and basically obligates you to run mageblood with a bismuth flask of the rainbow in order to make up the missing resists. Pledge of hands is a roughly 2x multiplier for damage that also gives some more mana and thus damage, its likely closer to parity on archmage builds. Even without that consideration though, the simple fact that it doesn't require massive investment in resists to not die means you are usually going to be better served with a pledge, annihilating has a higher theoretical dps multiplier but its a lot closer. You would likely be better served by a pair of +2 wands with good other rolls since those are likely to cost about as much as annihilating this league and provide similar amounts of damage without the giant resist reduction.
I already have mg, so it would just mean to swap some flasks, want to try maximizing the dps, so if its more dps I will try it out. Thank you
Hey, I really love this build but it feels like I'm staring directly into a strobe light from all the flashes. Does anyone know if the Ice Nova MTX applies on the transfigured gem, and does it reduce the amount of white light on screen?
After playing Ice Nova a couple of days, I agree the white screen pulses are tiring.
I have tried every Ice Nova MTX and they ALL have a huge white theme. With high cast speed, it is very bad for my eyes. The Ice Nova Water MTX is the less intrusive.

I use a Sigil of Power and unfortunately the original mtx is hard to see so I also change it to the divine MTX (a gold theme version).

Also, they all work on the transfigured "of Frostbolt" version, yes.

Last edited by Musachan on May 3, 2024, 5:38:36 PM
Having a great time w/ the build. Good league starter (just ran through campaign w/ ice nova) and rolls through maps up to t16 generating a lot of currency along the way. I got to level 100 and am grinding out last handful of remaining challenges. My damage is pretty far from ideal so stuff like t17 bosses are still sort of kicking my ass, but I can't complain too much. Will link my POB, if anyone wants to take a gander and see where I can make obvious improvements. Pondering just going into mageblood first and then incorporating GG amulet, clusters, etc. as my stats are finely balanced atm and difficult to make swaps. Cheers.

https://pobb.in/h_UP-8coJx4U

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info