Arctic Armour

@ddlsrlx
Last edited by ddlsrlx on Aug 12, 2017, 6:08:57 AM
Currently running a cold/tank templar and i really like the skill. I'm having enough mana regen that I hardly see the difference. But I must admit that i'm a bit disappointed about the lack of support working on it. I believe that reduce mana should lower the mana cost per second and that support like Increased AoE should enlarged the icy trail.
Curious as to how this skill interacts with mana leech. Mana leech is capped at 12.5% a second, my duelist has 500 mana so he is only getting about 50 mana a second back at maximum. He really can't afford to use this skill at all with such a strict limitation on the regeneration rate. If this is the case there is very little usage for this skill at all outside of a character with a huge mana pool and regeneration.

I can see one pro to this skill; Saturated mana/hybrid flasks that grant bonuses while the flask is in use. I believe the mana version lasts for 11.3 seconds when used, the hybrids for 7.5 with a Saturated prefix. Such modifiers as +100% evasion, +30 resistance, or curse immunity would be quite handy.
IGN: Alfrost, Racthoh, The_Crimson
Standard Rings and Amulets: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960556
-I think the mana cost scaling might be a little bit too much, it gets crazy pretty soon.
-The ice trail is useful even at low levels.
-The sound of said ice trail (basically a permanent sound when you have the skill active) is driving me nuts though, please remove it. I don't need to hear cracking ice all the time. Auras should never come with annoying sound effects.

Edit: I can't possibly express just how much the sound bugs me. Even though the skill would be useful to me I'm not gonna use it solely because of annoying it is to hear it all the time
Last edited by zankioh on Mar 20, 2013, 2:29:37 AM
fuck, this site should have a mobile version.

anyways i can think of many builds for this.

in theory this should work, its meant for pulling mobs in parties.

skill tree: inner force, max armor, max hp, fire resist, and high mana regen. max block for shields, inwavering stance. and the increased max resists.

skills: life regen totem, enduring cry, righteous fire, molten shell, artic armour, tempest shield, vitality, determination.

to me this sounds like your invincible. you could take eay the righteous fire if you want..

this was a pain in the ass to type on an iphone, i hope ggg looks for a mobile version. if there is one excuse me for my stupidity
This is a buff to Evasion based characters and EB characters who give up some defenses for a larger mana pool, like an equalizer of sorts.

Really easy to pick up EB, and High evasion. This gives you "armor" as an evasion character.

I'm liking it, skills in this game should be like this. Usable by some, not all.
Last edited by Rendusk on Mar 20, 2013, 2:50:01 AM
So much overreacted QQ, so much narrow visioned judgement, so much lack of imagination of how to use this. Skill looks brilliant.
Code. Frag. | gplus.to/mystrdat | twitch.tv/mystrdat
Last edited by mystrdat on Mar 20, 2013, 3:37:14 AM
nevermind
Last edited by dspair on Mar 20, 2013, 4:17:06 AM
It is quite nice, except that the mana cost is insane at high lv. Lv 11 already take 131 mana/s. For mana users, your mana regen may be even higher, but you still have to afford your damaging skills. It makes mana users can level up this skills. For blood magic from gem, it can actually drain your HP to 1. The only way to afford a high level arctic armour is blood magic from passive. However, is the 65 flat physical and fire damage reduction really worth the lost in 131 hp regen? I do think so. I can't image how large the mana cost will be for lv 20 arctic armour, but no one can afford it anyway. In other words, it makes no sense that the skill is nice for flat damage reduction, but you can't afford it.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
"
mystrdat wrote:
So much overreacted QQ, so much narrow visioned judgement, so much lack of imagination of how to use this. Skill looks brilliant.

this all the QQ

buhuhu no bloodmagic yeah lets switch it on with 300 life reg/sec and forget it for the last 5 h seriously ?

this isnt d3 aura and debuff work diffrent here

its another stepstone to make a thorns build viable
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Mar 20, 2013, 4:31:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info