Development Stories - The Conquerors of the Atlas

"
Ashur_Hawke wrote:
"
arigatou2 wrote:
sirus is the worse boss design in this game.

Okay, why? I happen to disagree with you on this subject. Other than bugs and very inconsistent behavior he had that is mostly patched now, I don't see anything wrong with him.

When the difficulty of a boss purely comes from the chosen colour palette in his final phase, imo that's just bad design... 20% of all male people are colour blind btw.
check out my hideout templates at https://hideoutshowcase.com/viewprofile/Noooberino/uploads
Last edited by Noooberino on May 25, 2020, 3:22:26 AM
Standing around waiting for 1 shots/immunity phases is so much fun. Let's fix the lore instead of fixing the fight.
"
It also meant that Sirus, a character that featured prominently in the journal entries, appeared seemingly out of nowhere. This was made worse due to the cancellation of mechanics that would have him invade your map in place of one of the other Conquerors.

i hope you can fix and improve the story progression with sirus. he's so out of place. i have no idea what he wants other than that he's some super edgelord. that mechanic would have made him a lot more interesting.

and the sirus fight... yea. i know it's not nick who designed this. i hope this gets revised too, but probably not.
"
Noooberino wrote:
"
Ashur_Hawke wrote:
"
arigatou2 wrote:
sirus is the worse boss design in this game.

Okay, why? I happen to disagree with you on this subject. Other than bugs and very inconsistent behavior he had that is mostly patched now, I don't see anything wrong with him.

When the difficulty of a boss purely comes from the chosen colour palette in his final phase, imo that's just bad design... 20% of all male people are colour blind btw.

it's not 20%. not at all. and there are different kinds of color blindness.

the "difficulty" is not just the colors or lack thereof. in this league, playing a raider, all my buffs come from hitting something and do crits. while sirus is dicking around doing whatever, i lose all those buffs and instantly die to anything. overall, the fight is a complete joke and every time i enter this crapshow, it boggles my mind how this came to be and that we're stuck for over a year with this dumpster fire. absolutely everything is bad, even how you need to go through three areas to get back to the "fight".
The conquerors are easily the weakest part of PoE lore. Elder and Shaper were awesome, edgy rouge exiles are just meh.
"
Kutuzovh wrote:

I dont like how everything seems to be worked around zana either. I liked how synthesis explicitly put her in an awkward place despite cavas also being in the same spot. Alas, synthesis has been completely trashed and zana's rivals are the conquerors, which cant even handle themselves so may as well be premium rogue exiles.
As players, we have many elements to doubt if zana is telling the truth or not, but canonically noone outside the baddies doubt of her. Mainly sirus. Unlike the other conquerors, Sirus dosnt seem to suffer from atlas madness, but from something else. I think there was something in Sirus' journal about this but I cant remember

Oh well, Zana has the plot armour now. Might not have it later.

That voice line...Uuuuu, really I want more of that lore and interactions implemented in the game.

"
dachoppa wrote:

the "difficulty" is not just the colors or lack thereof. in this league, playing a raider, all my buffs come from hitting something and do crits. while sirus is dicking around doing whatever, i lose all those buffs and instantly die to anything. overall, the fight is a complete joke and every time i enter this crapshow, it boggles my mind how this came to be and that we're stuck for over a year with this dumpster fire. absolutely everything is bad, even how you need to go through three areas to get back to the "fight".

Some of my fellow exiles found strength in their buffs, they became reliant on them. I...am not so foolish.
Spoiler
Die
Spoiler
No but really, you can beat sirus with 1hp assuming you played really well as all of his damage can be avoided which I think is amazing design. If you are so heavily reliant on buffs to keep you alive at all times to the point where you can't even get to the boss and wack them a couple of times for your buffs, you really have to ask just how heavily you are leaning on your gear/stats to carry you in a fight were potentially all damage is avoidable through mechanics.

"
lobsterphobia wrote:
The conquerors are easily the weakest part of PoE lore. Elder and Shaper were awesome, edgy rouge exiles are just meh.

I dunno, I like the 4th wall breaking and all the meta commentary on us players. The fights themselves are as fun too.
Last edited by Ashur_Hawke on May 25, 2020, 4:18:03 AM
"
dachoppa wrote:

it's not 20%. not at all. and there are different kinds of color blindness.

You're right, I had the 20% in my memory but that really seems to be way to high. It's just 8% for red/green from what I looked up right now...

...still, I am red/green colour blind and the colour palette of that fight is just horrible.
check out my hideout templates at https://hideoutshowcase.com/viewprofile/Noooberino/uploads
Last edited by Noooberino on May 25, 2020, 5:24:21 AM
Integrate Zana's voice lines into the game or RIOT!!
Meet Kirack that talks about brother and hunt for Zana.
There is no zana , and map device is sealed
We rebuil/reopen map device with Kirack
To go for search and rescure his brother Baran
We following the Baran
Kill him or one the Elderslayers
We find Zana
Kill the Elders for the orbs
We get some mad guy on a throne thats scream at us and is retarted run out to the oriath and start the slaugher of civilians and buildings.
And we fight him.
(Thats the way am take it ,am not best in to the whole lore and endgame)

Without any explanation on who he is why he hate us etc.

If he seal the Elder then he should talk to us and explain Zana part of it and his hate for her and to fight her not us.
Probably she should be brutally killed and then he should go to oriath.
And we should go after him but not with teleport - it can be destroyed in oriath so we follow his memory maps to get there with the same moment as he.

That should be the place to extend his story origin and lore
Using the map as a background to what he see and his voice to hear his thoughts and see a ghost monsters that try to fight him and his friends
(zana and other slayers, that can be voiced too)

PS:Kirack have a mission to hunt/kill zana by the concuil but he change his mind. And that is putting him as a Trator to Concuil when he gets back there ?

And this probably get the hate and execution exiles in start of Poe2 is because of the Zana and all the things she made and how wrong and destroing it was without informing anyone , she make all the calls not telling anyone what is going on etc.
Fantastic work Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info