[3.24] The Infused Trickster | Build update. High Block. EHP has doubled | Demo video up

Here is a new video : The Essential Guide to the Lightning Tendrils Trickster.

It follows a new format of videos I'm doing for my dozen of home-made builds. These videos aim to explain the main mechanics of the builds. They are defined by the following constraints :
- Around 3mn long
- A T16, with at least 90% quantity
- A complete run from start to boss
- No cut, no edit
- Deathless

You can see the build in a juicy T16 Courtyard. Note that this video was made the first saturday of the patch, before all the nerfs to Archnemesis mods.

This guide to the Infused Trickster is the 4th of the series, after the Pestilent Viper, the White Wind and a Summon Reaper Necro.

More are coming on my YT channel, including : Ice Golemancer, Boneshatter Chieftain, Exsanguinate Trickster...

Complete updates for 3.18

> All these infos have been updated in the first message.

Current gearing in Standard

Spoiler

PoB level 94 : https://pastebin.com/i7vi4dTF

Detailed mechanics

> The build is very complex, so here I will analyze all its mechanics.

LT = Lightning Tendrils

Spoiler
1- Level 29 Lightning Tendrils gem.

The spell skills scale very fast with the level of the gem. We reach level 29 with :
* A level 21 gem for LT
* Skin of the Lords : +2 levels to all socketed gems
* Empower level 3 becomes level 5 with Skin of the Lords : +4 levels
* Awakened Added Lightning Dmg at least level 3 : +1
* On the shield : +1 level to all lightning spell skill gems

* For level 30, you'd need "+1 level to all lightning skill gems" on the amulet.

Now let's buff LT as much as we can !

2- Trinity

Trinity support grants a lot of dmg, but you need to alternate between two kind of elem dmg.
Basically, you'd need two skills, for instance one fire and one cold.
But we can do this with LT alone, by using Call of the Brotherhood ring : it converts 40% of lightning dmg to cold, which is sufficient to proc Trinity effect.
Due to the high variance in lightning skill dmg, some hits of LT will deal a majority of lightning, some a majority of cold.
You can add quality with Catalysts to get 48% lightning converted to cold, but that's not necessary.

Now you can easily shock, chill and freeze enemies !

3 - Elemental dmg gained as extra chaos

Harness the Void node on the Ascendancy grants a % of elemental dmg gained as extra chaos.
Since we convert a portion of lightning dmg to cold dmg, Harness the Void use is doubled.
Because "gained as extra" is counted before "converted to".

This is a bit technical, so let's take simple numbers:
Spoiler
Let's say you deal 100 lightning dmg and have 40% of lightning converted to cold dmg :
Then, you deal 60 lightning + 40 cold.
Simple.

Now, say you still deal 100 lightning dmg and you gain "10% of elem dmg gained as extra chaos dmg".
Now you deal : 100 lightning + 10 chaos = 110 total.
Simple again.

But what do you get when you convert 40% lightning to cold and gain 10% elem as extra chaos ?
You may think that you will have : 60 lightning + 6 chaos + 40 cold + 4 chaos, right ?
Actually, no.

First, the gained as extra is calculated, so you get 10 chaos from your 100 lightning.
Then conversion is calculated, so you get 4 chaos from your 40 cold.
Total, you deal : 60 lightning + 40 cold + 14 chaos.
"Gained as extra" is counted BEFORE "converted to". So you get 14 chaos damage and not 10.

Now, let's go further...

4 - Secrets of Suffering

Secrets of Suffering grants a LOT of dmg !
Sure you can't shock and freeze anymore.
But Cold ailment becomes Brittle, which raises your crit chance by insane proportions, making it easy to get 100% crit chance.
You have two sources of SoS :
- The Interrogation small cluster jewel
- An Alternating Sceptre, which has it as implicit

Additionnaly, the lightning ailment becomes Sap, which reduces the dmg dealt by enemies.

Which leave us the last alternate ailment to consider...

5 - Scorch

With SoS, Fire ailment becomes Scorch, which reduces ALL enemies elemental resistances.
We get perma-Scorch of nearby enemies from Legacy of Fury boots + cool burning explosions.
And we increase Scorch with Increases effect of elemental ailments on the tree.

Now it's time to use Auras to further buff our DPS.

6 - Reduced mana reserved

We use three cluster on the tree to reduced the mana reservation of auras : Influence, Charisma and Sovereignty.
We link Wrath with Divine Blessing to make it a temporary aura that reserve no mana.

Auras : Determination, Discipline, Purity of Elements, Vitality, Zealotry + Wrath.
You will need an Enlighten level 3 to reserve all these auras.

7 - Upgrading Energy Shield

- With Eldritch Battery + Mind Over Matter, we can reserve all our mana and still use the ES to get 30% of dmg before life.
- With Frost Shield, we can buff our ES while stationary, taking less dmg.
- With Divine Shield keystone, we quickly regen ES when hit by phys dmg.

* Optionnally, we can use Corrupted Soul from a Glorious Vanity jewel of Doryani to get 15% of life as extra ES.

8 - Curse immunity + pseudo low-life setup

- Immunity to all elem ailments from Purity of Elements.

- Curse immunity comes from :
Viridi's Veil helmet + magic ring in right slot + Coward's Legacy belt.

- 30% more spell dmg while on low-life with Pain Attunement keystone

9 - Cast While Channeling

I use LT + CwC + Crackling Lance for farming.
Crackling Lance feels like a natural extension for LT, giving it the AoE it lacks.

Other skills you can channel :
* Arc
* Ball Lightning
* Shock Nova (with Secrets of Suffering, it becomes a Sap Nova !)

* Storm Call is too slow and weak
* Ice Spear can be ok.

10 - Miscellaneous

- Assassin's Mark for more dmg.
- I like to use Vortex on left-mouse button. Despite the use of Secrets of Suffering, Vortex can still chill enemies, which is a good defense.
- Withering Step, if that's not too much button clicking for you.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on May 28, 2022, 4:54:31 PM
Well Done! Nice work m8!! ;)
I'd like to firstly thank the Poe community for welcoming me. I do, in fact have a build in mind - An open absolution Firestorm Summon Skeletons with boss killing siege mechanics such as a dual Holy flame totem with a defensive gem finish...

Although I can't play right now, I do wish I could. Thank you for your time.
"
Lichenoss39 wrote:
I'd like to firstly thank the Poe community for welcoming me. I do, in fact have a build in mind - An open absolution Firestorm Summon Skeletons with boss killing siege mechanics such as a dual Holy flame totem with a defensive gem finish...

Although I can't play right now, I do wish I could. Thank you for your time.

Hi,

Welcome to the game :)

This thread is not a general discussion for new player, it's just one I've made for the build detailed in the first post.
If you have a build in mind, you can do a thread in the appropriate section or search for a similar build already posted and ask for help there.

Good luck and have fun :)
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Last edited by rahsaan on May 31, 2022, 2:47:50 PM
Found this build when I was researching a similar build I am theorycrafting using stuff I already own. Going assassin primary and picking up swift killer via flash/flame jewels let's you really abuse power/frenzy charges. I used a doryanis prototype for armor and ended up with stupid dps numbers (7 million normal pulse and 21 million 4th pulse) but only being able to hit 26k armor made it a bit squishy for physical and lightning (16kish max hit...).

It looks like assassin primary is easier to build up big numbers WITHOUT doryanis prototype abusing charges while still using secrets of suffering (which end up not needed tbh as 7-9 power charges pegs crit at 99% or so). Worth looking into.
This shadow is so far from rogue stealth gameplay,that i have to play marauder
I'm really enjoying this build! I squeezed in a couple more auras, as lightning tendrils and lightning warp seem to call for a blasphemy curse. In that case might as well be conductivity since It is going to be boosted by a couple levels! I've got 9 auras going when wrath is activated.

Level 30 lighting tendrils, level 24 conductivity, level 23 lighting warp.
Last edited by Nizreb915 on Jul 2, 2022, 1:32:15 PM
"
ZRzAJBlvNx wrote:
Found this build when I was researching a similar build I am theorycrafting using stuff I already own. Going assassin primary and picking up swift killer via flash/flame jewels let's you really abuse power/frenzy charges. I used a doryanis prototype for armor and ended up with stupid dps numbers (7 million normal pulse and 21 million 4th pulse) but only being able to hit 26k armor made it a bit squishy for physical and lightning (16kish max hit...).

It looks like assassin primary is easier to build up big numbers WITHOUT doryanis prototype abusing charges while still using secrets of suffering (which end up not needed tbh as 7-9 power charges pegs crit at 99% or so). Worth looking into.

I was able to push up to 30,000 armor by including Defiance Banner
With -150% lightning due to doryanis it really needs to hit closer to 100k armor to tank much lightning in red maps and such. Currently using a Champion Doryanis which has 6/17mil potential in bursts. Work in progress as I am lvl 92 and still working on rolling flasks (need a shock/freeze and to go to all charges on crit). Malachais loop is lulzy except having negative lightning res makes shocks not funny at all. Currently using all that is shown except the flesh/flame jewels which I have not bought yet. It's kind of clunky mapping so I use a 1 socket arc which even without being all charged up does the job for everything except rare mobs. I like lightning Tent but it needs to have just an inth more reach. The damage is getting to the point I am considering dropping a damage jewel for an increased area jewel. I did swap in storm burst and it is awesome for mapping but lacks the horsepower to kill bosses fast like lt.

Still a lot of work to be done but currently running this

https://pastebin.com/Hinpp4dR

I am revising the assassin build to try to work in RF along with some more survivability. I think grabbing Iron reflexes will help but it's 10 passives to juggle over there. Will post soon.
Thanks for the feedbacks, guys !
Glad you could come up with your own improvements of the build.
I'm very interested in a RF version. I've simulated it in PoB, some times ago, but I was losing too much DPS to get enough regen, so that was not worth it at the end.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info