Path of Exile: Harvest Launches Soon

How do I exactly use this file? Can you make it clear and explain like I'm five in the main post, please?

Do I just copy it to the directory and start the launcher when the time comes?
Or do I extract it and copy the contents? I don't want to mess my game or anything.

Thanks.
I pasted to path of exile folder where is content.ggpk and after lunch i need to download another 5gb+
I can download with 1.5Mb/sek but preload came so late i wont make it till leaguestart :( feelsbadman

How big is the aktual Standalone Patch ?
currently upload going at 2,6 (able to seed at 10mb/s and will seed it until league start " EU/BiH "

"
Shinzo wrote:
I can download with 1.5Mb/sek but preload came so late i wont make it till leaguestart :( feelsbadman

How big is the aktual Standalone Patch ?

7gb
first time preloading the patch, is it normal for dl to be slow? i havent seen it go faster than 4mbps, it drops to below 500kbps some times
"
greenyyin wrote:
There was once that my non-steam client got its GGPK file corrupted and says the only current way to fix is to re-download the GGPK file. But since I have the steam version installed I just copied and replaced the stand-alone GGPK from the steam folder and basically worked, with a small patch of a few hundred MBs.

I guess its becuase the login screen and steam account thing that are different and the steam update system cannot indentify and download the difference inside the GGPK file but the stand-alone client can?

the standalone patcher is able to delete/add individual files to the resource file.

the steam updater needs to get the missing (different) binary chunks of the resourcefile from the download source and isn't looking into the file cause steam expects the resource file exactly the same as ggg releases it.

that's also the reason you can copy a file from steam to standalone, the patcher is just patching it while the steam updater can't use the standalone resource file without downloading huge parts again.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
well, it's peer-to-peer. It will probably speed up when people are done downloading and if they seed
16 GB for steam? The entire game is only 32GB. Youre telling me that this update is 16GB worth of data by itself? Hard to believe. Why are we downloading so much redundant data?

Seems off considering this directly puts a strain on GGG servers. I cant see gardening taking 16GB of files. Why are content updates like this so bloated?
Last edited by Paultimate79 on Jun 19, 2020, 12:02:51 PM
ETA till complete 1h on the preload. 4-9 mb/s speeds. Can support 10mb/s upload once complete until launch.
Last edited by tru2dgame on Jun 19, 2020, 12:16:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info