The Future of Stash Tabs

"
Cipp wrote:
This statement does nto adress the issue. Future QoL is not the problem.

The problem is: instead of fixing problems you created, you are now selling us the solutions.

Why can't organs be stored in Tanes lab like seeds are stored in the Grove?

Why are delirium splinters not stored in splinters tab?

Why are blighted maps not searchable in the map-tab?

Why are delirium orbs not considered to be currency and instead need their own tab?

What has happened since Exilecon to make you go back on your word?

Not addressing the actual issues is just going to make them fester. The last thing you want is a bitter and cynical community.

This is too greedy. You must understand that.
THE DEEP SMELL OF YOU.. DANGEROUSLY MATCHES THE PERFUME INSIDE OF ME..
IT MUST BE MY HEART YOU ARE AFTER..
IT MUST BE MY LUNGS YOU ARE BREATHING FROM..
WE ARE NOT THE WINNERS OR THE LOSERS..
OH BABY WE ARE THE FIGHT ! ! !
Damn.

''We considered whether this feature would result in an unacceptable level of paying for convenience.''

I think you are already there lads. Every league you add new stuff for which the only way to keep tabs of is to keep it in a new premium tab.

''As I mentioned at ExileCon, we don't want to add a second Currency Tab.''

So you added 3 instead, cause they damn sure are currency that people trade for. Clever.

I bought some tabs cause i used to play a lot, but i have to say; with all the content that exists now, you cannot play without buying extra tabs. Not if you want to have a shot at upgrading gear at least. And certainly not with the conqueror reworked atlas system providing a gazillion maps of different tiers. Even my map tab still makes it difficult to track them.

Just give new players like 10 regular tabs, with 2 for trade + a currency tab (the way it is now), a map tab and maybe some common shard/fragment (essense up to screaming tier, sac fragments, breach splinters) tab. All of those could be premium upgradable to contain all the shard including the less common ones for those that play a lot and actually have a need to stack those. Coming from a long time player with, like, 50 tabs by now, i suspect it wouldn't even hurt the buisness model.
I think I did buy any tab since now, but I feel like its enough. Delirium tab? Just repeating others, why not integrate that into already existing tabs? It's currency and splinters right?

Do we really need a tab for each league?

How will that end in a few years from now? Bazilion of differnt league tabs.

The planned QoL features are really nice though, but I would also like to have 2 more systems:

1) Autopickup of specific loots, make it configurable like lootfilter or maybe implement it in the lootfilter, couldn't be that much of an issue. As more items you add to the game, the more loot pickup becomes a hassle. It's really time consuming.

2) A button for CTRL-Click all tab-checked items in my inventory to store them all by one click, instead of having CTRL-Click them all individually.

I hope that you could add this on your list as well.

But please re-consider the "every league tab" thinking to a more convenient solution. I think there are too many differnt tabs already.

No offense, but I will not buy any further tabs for now, I have about 100 premium stash tabs, they fit the rest for now.
Last edited by Zalkortis on Jun 24, 2020, 6:01:06 AM
Ok, this is where I draw the line. If creating problems to sell us the solution is your way of doing business, I will not be supporting you in the future.
muhahahahahahahaha, soooooo many choosing beggars, most comments just make me laugh, GGG bad implementation with this, GGG greedy approach in that, for FS, it's a FREE game, requiring sh1ttone of time from GGG's team spend on daily basis to provide pleasurable experience with new content every 3-4 mc.
How do some of you live with yourself?
Imagine someone getting a social housing from a country cos' you can't afford buying their own and then being all surprised it doesn't have smart house features, 2 spots garage, Jacuzzi and an outdoor pool, some of you sounds as ridiculous as most Choosing Beggars in reddit stories.
Don't like it don't buy it
Don't have money/have kids to feed/being a student needing to buy books first then don't buy it yet or at all
for the rest you sound like that " Your about page said, you do it as a passion, so why do you want money?"

"
RichMoney wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
As I mentioned at ExileCon, we don't want to add a second Currency Tab.

I bought a Currency Tab and Fragment tab already, it still feels like every league we get 10 new items that don't get added to these tabs.

How is the delirium tab not a second Currency tab with a single fragment slot?

I can understand the Metamorph tab if we got a lot of body parts, but the Blight tab seems to be paying for functionality that is broken in the map tab already (searching for blighted maps).

While I don't really mind having a lot of these items in a normal tab, I am concerned that having a "League Tab" will feel a bit like a subscription and might encourage (maybe just passively) adding 10 new currencies every league that wont fit into existing tabs.

I said I don't mind having things like oils and catalysts stored in a normal tab, so I won't be grabbing these tabs for now. And while I don't hate that these tabs have been added, especially with context, I'm concerned about "Tab Power Creep". I have 100+ Premium tabs that I no longer use because Quad tabs were added and direct item listing was added so I no longer needed to have a tab for each price of items to be indexed by a program. I already feel like thousands of points on tabs have been wasted, so seeing new tabs that overlap functionality really bothers me.

This is pretty much my concern.

I'm happy paying £10 for space and better organisation.

The issue I have is that the direction seems problematic. We've got 3 new tabs that unless you play 500+ hours a league are less likely to provide more storage than a single premium tab would (you generally run metamorphs, if you fill a tab with them, then you're not really engaging with the mechanic, just sweeping a problem into a tab).

The flexi slots in the currency tab would have been extended to two rows of 10, and we'd have enough space for all catalysts and oils, expand to 12 slots/row and we've got space for splinters with 3 spaces spare.

The problem we have is that these items cap at 10/stack anyway.

It just seems odd taking this direction now and adding these in a league without loot explosions, where we all have less of everything that was a problem to store in Delerium.

This feels like a similar confused design philosophy that was demonstrated last league with "we want to slow players down" while pushing a clear speed meta.

Honestly, the main reason I have a problem with this is that I fear that it locks in any issues these and other leagues had with wasting space and excessive drops. It's a UX issue that looks to be on the wrong path of just throwing more tabs at the problem. As much as I like the idea of the auto sorter, I'm not even sure that's an ideal solution.

I'll probably buy these, but I'm not happy about it.
Last edited by Xanoth on Jun 24, 2020, 6:28:12 AM
As much as i dislike the 'selling solutions' way of running a business... I feel like we're a bit spoilt with GGG and they need to make money to keep the game going. Aren't stash tabs a solution to the basic premise of the game anyway? Let's not overreact to an issue that existed at the start of the game.

I think that Chris and the team should think critically about how the future of the game is supposed to look but in the mean time, this isn't the worst thing to ever happen.
Maybe instead of just criticising, we could suggest micro-transactions we would be happy to see and pay for?

I'd like to see 'class' skins that add other gender options to each class. These would be justifiably expensive but I think they would be very popular.

Affinities is a very welcomed QoL!
Cant wait!

Ans apeaking od advantages.. having more tabs without any sort and aid features is already huge punishment and disadvantage it a so much time wnd effort needed to manage them all. So, affinities can help with this and make things back. And to allow to play more, instead of sitting in ho, sorting things..

Cant wait!
Awesome. Ctrl clicking an item from inventory to send it to the specialized tab would be awesome!!!

Can't Wait for this feature to arrive <3!

Was just gonna note something in the new stash tab announcement when i saw this:).

Got the new stashes, now for the ctrl-click to send to the right tab feature. that would be so great... Currently having specialized tabs is a disadvantage, having to go through them all to unload stuff (and some tabs accepting stuff i have a specialized tab for is annoying).

The grouping will be a very welcome feature as well.

Keep up the good work. I hope they will be released soon!

Kind regards

Bought them all, bring on the ctrl-click <3

That said: I just re-read the post.. I hope the ctrl click will work based on tabs, not something you have to set for each item.
I understand the need to be able to turn this on or off for people that want to calculate economy or something, to have just 1 dump tab to tabulate (maybe a checkbox PER TAB and an overall 'Inventory sorting to specialized tabs' option?). Please do not make this a checkbox per item.
Last edited by Care_Less on Jun 24, 2020, 6:39:38 AM
The fundamental issue with this many tabs is that there literally isn't enough room on screen to have all tabs visible in the top bar at once.

That *fucking sucks*. Moving the cursor over to view more tabs is the worst dogshit ever.

Forget "folders". Just make a second tab bar at the top of the stash screen and I'll be fine. Until then, this is actual ass, I'm sorry. Moving to another tab should always be 1 click. Always. Never two clicks. Folders are a bad bandaid idea.
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 24, 2020, 6:46:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info