Baeclast Podcast Featuring Chris Wilson This Weekend

Stop balancing the game around 10% of players with SFF and HC. You're killing the content. If you don't know what to do to retain players, you may need to find other managers?
[Removed by Support]
HELLO GGG
WE DONT NEED GOOD ITEM LOOK
BECAUSE WHEN 6 PLAYERS TRYING TO PASS 100% DELIRIOUS MAP
FPS = 0~5 !!!!!!!!!!
BRING US OPTIMISATION PLEASE
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASEEEEEEE
GEFORCE NOW (cloud gaming service) CANT HANDLE YOUR GAME!
3K$ PC CANT HANDLE YOUR GAME!
FIX IT PLEASE
TY
https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/22t8mi-2.png
IGN @SexyMilf
Last edited by ProGameZ on Jul 19, 2020, 1:06:31 PM
Listening to Chris on design decisions just always makes me so mad. I can just imagine how much more painful playing the game would be if other members of GGG didn't veto him all the time.

The worst part is how utterly arrogant and stubborn he is about what players want; it's right up there with Blizzard / Activation, literally also saying verbatim, that they are the ones that know what players want, and that players actually don't. Just the most condescending dismissive BS. Then he'll throw out a bone like "well ...we'll discuss it" , like they've ever actually changed their mind on stuff players have been wholeheartedly wishing to change for years now.

Then unbelievable comments like "we'd like to improve that in the next few years". What? Or getting uppity about how it costs them half a million dollars a year for servers ...when they were bought out by Tencent for a 100 million, they still sell crazy amounts of MTX, and server maintenance is somewhere less than 5% of their expenses.

Jeeze buddy, please explain to me the hardships of being completely financially taken care of while telling players that getting a good item faster than once every 10,000 attempts is ruining the game. Literally ....hates it that there might be more than 1 player in existence having an amazing tier 1 item outside of standard league.

Even Ziggy had to jump in and question whether the things Chris was saying was actually harmful of the game. And he has meme level jokes about him being a shill for the company.

It's like Ebeneezer Scrooge is running a gaming company.

"What? They want better drop rates? Are there no prisons? Have the union workhouses closed down? Those that have bad luck must go there."

"If they would rather quit, they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Waiting for him to get visited by the Ghost of Diablo Past.

I was really hopeful for a long conversation about how the game was going to improve, fundamental reasons why the game was designed the way it was, what works and doesn't work in hindsight, etc., and instead we got a lot of roadblock statements about how the game can't change because Chris doesn't want it to, the system is how it is because Chris needs it to, and the game will only improve when after years of testing Chris is happy with it.

I could probably get a racist family member to change their view on people before Chris changes anything about his on the game.
Last edited by JoeShmo on Jul 19, 2020, 1:50:49 PM
did chris spoil 3.11 name? Gloom or Bloom?
"
JoeShmo wrote:
Listening to Chris on design decisions just always makes me so mad. I can just imagine how much more painful playing the game would be if other members of GGG didn't veto him all the time.

The worst part is how utterly arrogant and stubborn he is about what players want; it's right up there with Blizzard / Activation, literally also saying verbatim, that they are the ones that know what players want, and that players actually don't. Just the most condescending dismissive BS. Then he'll throw out a bone like "well ...we'll discuss it" , like they've ever actually changed their mind on stuff players have been wholeheartedly wishing to change for years now.

Then unbelievable comments like "we'd like to improve that in the next few years". What? Or getting uppity about how it costs them half a million dollars a year for servers ...when they were bought out by Tencent for a 100 million, they still sell crazy amounts of MTX, and server maintenance is somewhere less than 5% of their expenses.

Jeeze buddy, please explain to me the hardships of being completely financially taken care of while telling players that getting a good item faster than once every 10,000 attempts is ruining the game. Literally ....hates it that there might be more than 1 player in existence having an amazing tier 1 item outside of standard league.

Even Ziggy had to jump in and question whether the things Chris was saying was actually harmful of the game. And he has meme level jokes about him being a shill for the company.

It's like Ebeneezer Scrooge is running a gaming company.

"What? They want better drop rates? Are there no prisons? Have the union workhouses closed down? Those that have bad luck must go there."

"If they would rather quit, they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Waiting for him to get visited by the Ghost of Diablo Past.

I was really hopeful for a long conversation about how the game was going to improve, fundamental reasons why the game was designed the way it was, what works and doesn't work in hindsight, etc., and instead we got a lot of roadblock statements about how the game can't change because Chris doesn't want it to, the system is how it is because Chris needs it to, and the game will only improve when after years of testing Chris is happy with it.

I could probably get a racist family member to change their view on people before Chris changes anything about his on the game.

Username checks out.

You should be glad Chris stood his ground and defended core aRPG values of item weight, etc. Relax
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"
"
Chameleon wrote:
Chris' stubbornness on outdated ideas about trading, loot, etc make me realize why PoE gets less and less enjoyable each league.
+1

The biggest problem with poe is actually Chris

Lol no it isn't. The biggest problem with PoE is visual clutter
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Hope they ask the right questions. And please consider these:

Most Important Problem

- Poor performance. This is the biggest problem. It's unacceptable in 2020. This is why PUBG died. This game needs to be optimized. Even the phone game called D3 has a smoother gameplay.

Other Major Problems

- Complexity. Stop adjusting everything according to professional Twitch streamers. People are leaving the game and not enough new players are coming. Because it's impossible for a newbie to catch up at this point.
- Item bloat. More rubbish added with each season. It's beyond a thousand stash tabs now.
- Visual clutter. This game looks like a mess. Not every skill needs to have a crazy exploding animation. Also the MTX problem is getting out of hand.
- Metagaming. Stop nerfing fun builds. Keep all skill gems efficient. Give people freedom not limitations.

The Prime Evil

- Chris the Mad King. The end game boss who needs a serious nerf with his boomer obsessions and stubborn ideas on everything. As a community member, I really like him personally, appreciate his beautiful brain and communication with the community. But with each manifesto I believe more that his vision is out dated and he needs to be intervened. Trade drama is one of the proofs of this situation.
Last edited by Cihondar on Jul 21, 2020, 6:51:15 AM
To summarize, five greedy morons I've never heard of and will never care about use their influence and fame, I guess, to coerce the company's CEO into keeping Harvest from going core. Likely because they sit on hundreds of Mirrors' worth of gear and don't want anyone else to get equipment worth something, in part because the average player might then realize there's no need to watch their stream anymore. That sound about right?
Man, I keep telling people this game has taught me more about real-life economics than several semesters at college...

Edit: To add to that, I'm certain it's this exact kind of 'feedback' that will be passed off as "We spoke to the players and the overwhelming opinion was that Harvest was too powerful and needed to go" in the 3.12 patch notes for why it didn't become core. You didn't speak to the players; you spoke to the pros, and now you're making decisions based on their propaganda, likely oblivious to their own, selfish agenda. Just putting this 'prediction' out here so I can link to it when the time comes around.
I'd rather have no Harvest and the hope it one day returns in glory than this trash.
Last edited by Infinal on Jul 24, 2020, 5:30:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info