Bloom in Path of Exile

Well then I guess you lost a player then since you won't let me turn effects off.
"
TheWoodsy wrote:
Bloom on? Keeps these icons on the right hand side over here from ever increasing.

"
Allow players to disable Bloom by restoring the Fake Bloom Particles
We can't just turn outright Bloom off, or else various effects will not be drawn as the artists intend them to.

Well then your artists are wrong.

Artists are never wrong bro, they can't be!!
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Jul 17, 2020, 3:18:16 AM
Is Bloom the reason why I can hardly see anything when I use a flare, or two (accidentally) in the Azurite Mine? If so, then I like it at least a bit more than before. If it isn't, then....
"
which lets stuff be ready earlier in our development cycle, giving us more time to QA it before release.

So, one month developing cycle soon, right? :P
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Blighted map, several Meteor towers close to each other, there is SO MUCH bloom it hurts my eyes to look at it and this is how the artists intend to be?
On "Slight" setting btw.
I can FLY!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WDRU/
looks and feels the same to me
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbubbajukes
To be honest: I have not noticed any difference in the lightning at all :D

Wondered why people on Reddit are demanding to disable it.
But dunno, maybe because I do not sit so close to the screen or I use a TV.
Tried the "not default" option but my game is than too dark for me :D
bloom --->switch OFF
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

This is just a consequence of the performance problems poe has. The game lags too much in certain situations. Eg. Juiced maps with Delirium. So players always want to switch to lower graphic settings even though the lag only happens in 1/10 of the time spent playing.

Consequence is that the screenshots and videos of players look bad. The development time on art is also wasted. So GGG should focus on fixing the lag in those high demand situations before worrying about perfect looking art.
Why do you want people to go blind, allow us to zoom out more!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info