Path of Exile Then and Now

"
Sometimes you won't notice your improvements right away but if you keep grinding, you'll be able to look back and see just how far you've really come.

Rather inspiring!
What a progress. Here's to the next ten! Cheers!
Wer nichts weiß, muss alles glauben.
The rainy boat login screen was epic...
I love seeing game progress like this. More posts like this please
good ol times.
can we have the "spirit" from this time in the actual game please ? thanks.

<3
then: kill zombies

now: your harvest is ready, gather them quickly!

just kidding of course :)
"
vitalif wrote:
then: kill zombies

now: your harvest is ready, gather them quickly!

just kidding of course :)

HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED TRADING THE SWORD FOR THE PLOUGH EXILE???
Who owns and, how much is the hockey stick weapon?
GGG reminds its veterans why they play PoE by showing them screenshots of what they're nostalgic for. It feels like the old game is being dangled in front of my face, reminding me that it's out there, and that I can't access it. I'm not saying that the current game is bad. It really isn't. It's just lost its.... atmosphere. PoE used to have an unenginerable, personal atmosphere. And now? It's more like a marvel movie: completely polished, and completely void of the human touch. I still love the game and still have fun playing it, but if I ever find a game with a similar feel for items/skill/builds with a more personal atmosphere, I'll be eager to sell my soul to someone else.

Side note: I don't care how much less professional that login screen looks, it's still 10 million times better than our current one. Bring back the boat! And the classes introducing themselves! (For the record, PoE2 does seem way better)

Side side note: if GGG ever made a thing where you could replay old leagues for the sake of nostalgia, I would seriously pay money for that. Maybe every other league, there's a separate smaller league that runs simultaneously and picks a random time from PoE's history and runs a realm with that league and that patch and everything. I would love to play old leagues/patches again like torment or perandus. Or ones I missed like ambush or even nemesis. Probably can't happen. But, it'd make me hella happy.
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
"
Аstyanax wrote:

That title screen (especially the less glamorous, gory logo with blood all over it) and the atmospheric character selection screen with water pouring through from the deck during a storm while being shipped in chains to a new unknown land was the embodiment of the unique POE atmosphere. Over the years the game improved greatly with the graphics, but ultimately they threw the baby out with the bath water in regards to setting the overall atmosphere of the game.

Fully agree. I used to get tingles down my spine every time I made a new character. I used to close my eyes and soak up the sounds from the boat/lioneye's watch. And I felt exhilerated and happy and alive. Now I'm like "pick a name, get to kitava, get to kitava again, do a bunch of maps, kill sirus a bunch of times, etc." I think I'm glad I quit when I did. I've only really returned because I can't play Magic due to the world being shut down. I really miss Magic...

"Objectively better and subjectively better are not the same, my king"
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
Last edited by jugglereli on Jul 27, 2020, 9:30:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info