3.11.2 Technical Patch

POGGERS
sounds good
Can anyone tell me what will happen to the old files once it is replaced?
is it going to be deleted? or is it just going to be there and waste space? I'm really confused on how this works.
I really hope GGG tests the improvements on other builds than the ones showcased in trailers and stuff. Really hope they have some of the Jousis Forbidden Builds up for testing how the engine deals with 1000+ hits a second with sound assets.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
nice
PoE is 36gb big and you expect everybody to download that again? Are you aware that most people struggle with bad bandwith?

At my 2nd apartment this will take around 24h!

Please give us a Torrent at least so i can pre-download it at my other place and take it with me on a stick.
Last edited by Hans_Rudi on Sep 8, 2020, 2:50:43 AM
Looks Great!
Finally Icestorm performance improvements!? :-)
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Improvements to Steam Patching
Another important consequence of this patch is that the Steam version of Path of Exile will now patch a lot more quickly. Previously, the entire GGPK file had to be copied by the Steam patcher, which meant that even small patches took quite some time to apply. With the new system, small patches will be basically instant, and large patches also a lot faster than before. It should be a similar speed to using our standalone patcher.

That is cool but will this also improve how much data is downloaded and integrated into POEs game-data archive file(s)?

Currently it does not add up that you download 500-600 MB (compressed?) data just for a new supporter pack MTX.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Sep 8, 2020, 2:54:11 AM
"
The technical specifics of this are irrelevant to the playerbase

As someone who occasionally helps update the official wiki, I look forward to reading the technical specs when they're released to developers and helpers.

What's that? Don't hold my breath? ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info