Void Sphere

Why is Void Sphere not an Orb skill?
Why is Void Sphere not an Orb skill?

Idk why this posted twice.
Last edited by Spats_ on Apr 21, 2021, 7:18:55 PM
I have been using it with decent success at helping with holding off waves of ultimatum creatures. With increased duration support and helmet 30% cooldown i can keep it up nearly the entire time.

But my biggest gripe with the ability is that there is no way to force the cast to go off unhindered. A lot of times i attempt to cast the ability while moving or during hectic situations and it just doesn't go off at all, it still gets put on cooldown but no sphere appears; and for an ability with such a high CD this gets super annoying after awhile.

Maybe I've already wasted my eyes, but it seems to me that the MTX Vaal orb does not look as promised. Hope this gets fixed.
Last edited by Kerrubus on Aug 23, 2022, 8:28:41 AM
I just realised that void sphere has a one-sphere limit. In which case it is not clear to me why the pulse frequency cannot be scaled outside of alternative quality and the helmet enchantment. The DPS and added damage effectiveness are underwhelming in this light and it is not clear that people find much utility from its base corpse removal utility.

E: grammar
Last edited by thief22122 on Oct 29, 2022, 6:02:39 PM
I've made 2 variations of a void sphere main build this league and I bring my PoV. One variation was an occultist poison void sphere build, primarily focused on CDR on boots,belts, helmet enchant and cdr tattoos. My second variation was a divergent void sphere build focused on converting as much of the damage into physical to cold and using mechanics like heatshiver and 2 additional moves Vortex and Cold Snap were used to keep the dps up.

First with the ToTa mechanic tattoos you have enabled a really good way to stack CDR to bring the duration and cool down to points where you can overlap without increased duration or second wind being used. This has free'd up spots in a sense for more damage or utility.

On my occultist this leads to have a cooldown with about .1s of downtime and it feels pretty smooth in situations where I can pool things together like in delve or open map layouts with high density due to simulacrums. On maps like waterways where theres many linear layouts and the density is spread out, the build still performs fine but its definitely a slave to the cd which often causes me to use a second wind support on my occultist.

On my saboteur I was theory crafting on how to bring out the damage reliably. CDR is mandatory which led to me using this ascendency. The area effect on the small nodes, the cdr on the main node, and the blind on hit provides this variation of void sphere a good amount of built in resources that otherwise wouldn't be in any other version of this build (the closest would have to be a scion ascendent using the saboteur ascendency but this was 15% vs 30% and I wanted to focus on enabling a different defensive layer of blind on hit with -15% reduced damage taken from blinded enemies.

The saboteur version with whispers of doom providing frostbite, and elemental weakness does fairly similar amounts of damage as the poison variation when you take into account the additional cold damage brought by vortex and cold snap. This is where the sudden realization that void sphere can never compete came. My cold snap and vortex were sharing sockets on my chest piece and were dealing about x2 more damage than my vortex with its own 6 links on my staff. This was true when the moves were on my gloves previously. This included me using the replica dragonfang to provide my void sphere +3 levels.

While void sphere provided a ton of passive coverage its weak damage output has really been a challenge I'm not sure is surmountable. Even with a ton of level investment the damage is still below most spells at level 20.

I do think that if you were to raise its damage in a league that provided tattoos or other cdr attachments then void sphere has a chance as becoming a main move or atleast a combo like move. At the moment I will still try to push its limits in this new league but I bet its just a waste of time when I socket in any other gem and x10 my damage.
My fir

Where it says "...based on distance from the Void Sphere" in the lower tooltip description, it should instead say: "Based on enemy's proximity to the sphere" because obviously the closer it is, the stronger the effect, as said in the upper description.

Please fix.
Thanks.
Last edited by fostaa on Apr 9, 2024, 2:18:27 AM
"
Trill1987 wrote:

But my biggest gripe with the ability is that there is no way to force the cast to go off unhindered. A lot of times i attempt to cast the ability while moving or during hectic situations and it just doesn't go off at all, it still gets put on cooldown but no sphere appears; and for an ability with such a high CD this gets super annoying after awhile.

Casting without the sphere appearing is still an issue. The "glide" patch/fix seemed to help a lot with this, but the issue still remains.

Also, casting Void Sphere lags the game, even crashes the game. The amount of lag and whether the game client crashes depends on the amount of mobs being affected by the hinder and pull effect. The more mobs, the worse the lag. Too many mobs, the game client crashes.

I was using Void Sphere as a secondary skill for crowd control. But I took it off my skill bar due to the lag/crashing.
Why void sphere of rending cant be supported by spell echo, like hydrosphere?
Is it bug or smth?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info