3.12.2 Patch Notes Preview

"
Verminaardth wrote:
"
Prapic wrote:
So, just a small reminder for people complaining about bugs and crashes and "lack of testing"

Game development is not easy. Path of Exile is a mechanics heavy game, where everything needs to be balanced around everything else. Simpler games that have been in development for years, by larger studios, often come with game breaking bugs on release, and there is ONE release, after years of development. Thing is, you only see the bugs that weren't fixed on release. Devs don't share the list of bugs that have been fixed before, I'd say that would be an interesting read, with the amount of mechanics implemented in this game.

Eventually, it is of course possible to fix vast majority of bugs, but with adding new content, and lack of removal of any old content, things break. Not everything is found, and if found, not everything is high priority enough to be fixed immediately.

So as it is, you can either have a stable and polished game with no or very rare new content, or you can have new, good content often, but there will be bugs. Except, there's a hitch. You can't. Because if there's no new content, there is no Path of Exile. While I personally wouldn't be opposed to slower release schedule, I understand that it is unlikely, and I also understand why is it unlikely to happen.

At the end of it all, GGG is a business that provides a service. Providing a service costs money. While game devs might love their job, they're not going to do it for free, because you kinda need to eat and all that. It is more acceptable to release a bugged content on time and take a week or two to fix issues (which in itself is amazing) than have a month delay. People have short memories. People will complain a little, but will be back in three months. But if there's no new release in three months, people won't be back for the release in six months. And before you go "I would!" well that's one. Unless you're going to personally fund the entirety of development, that's not much help.

So, GGG, thanks for great league and amazing job fixing the bugs. But for all that's holy to you, slow down on murdering Heist mechanics. It was fun the way it was before, I especially enjoyed the death stacks at the door, cause you know, it's fun outsmarting them. It's not difficult. Bring back death stacks, please. And rework alerts.

Lol, no.

Either you deliver a good product or service folks out there want or you are out of business.

Go open a bakery and start selling undercooked bread. When questioned by miffed customer, tell him all of that stuff you just told to defend poorly organised developer. Let's see how many bread-buying clients you'll have after several days.

GGG simply have poor product development practices. They don't really know how to plan live ops content development and how to do QA.

I'm also pretty sure that PoE tech is on its last legs. Too much went in already, technical game health is low and it's not worth fixing it knowing that PoE 2 is coming.

It's quite clear they never do any CI and A/B testing of content or closed roll-outs to actually test gameplay outside of confined area of their studio and possibly one or two external QA providers they use.

Well, you would have to open the bakery and give the plain bread for free. And, say, those who want to have bread with various plant seeds, wholegrain bread, or any non-plain bread, would have to pay a small amount. If someone wanted a cake, then it would cost much more.

Such comparison is not the best, I think. On the other hand, if the free plain bread would be underbaked, indeed much less people would come around and possibly buy something extra.

I know it's not true, but it could be.
"
_barcode_ wrote:
"
Verminaardth wrote:
"
Prapic wrote:
So, just a small reminder for people complaining about bugs and crashes and "lack of testing"

Game development is not easy. Path of Exile is a mechanics heavy game, where everything needs to be balanced around everything else. Simpler games that have been in development for years, by larger studios, often come with game breaking bugs on release, and there is ONE release, after years of development. Thing is, you only see the bugs that weren't fixed on release. Devs don't share the list of bugs that have been fixed before, I'd say that would be an interesting read, with the amount of mechanics implemented in this game.

Eventually, it is of course possible to fix vast majority of bugs, but with adding new content, and lack of removal of any old content, things break. Not everything is found, and if found, not everything is high priority enough to be fixed immediately.

So as it is, you can either have a stable and polished game with no or very rare new content, or you can have new, good content often, but there will be bugs. Except, there's a hitch. You can't. Because if there's no new content, there is no Path of Exile. While I personally wouldn't be opposed to slower release schedule, I understand that it is unlikely, and I also understand why is it unlikely to happen.

At the end of it all, GGG is a business that provides a service. Providing a service costs money. While game devs might love their job, they're not going to do it for free, because you kinda need to eat and all that. It is more acceptable to release a bugged content on time and take a week or two to fix issues (which in itself is amazing) than have a month delay. People have short memories. People will complain a little, but will be back in three months. But if there's no new release in three months, people won't be back for the release in six months. And before you go "I would!" well that's one. Unless you're going to personally fund the entirety of development, that's not much help.

So, GGG, thanks for great league and amazing job fixing the bugs. But for all that's holy to you, slow down on murdering Heist mechanics. It was fun the way it was before, I especially enjoyed the death stacks at the door, cause you know, it's fun outsmarting them. It's not difficult. Bring back death stacks, please. And rework alerts.

Lol, no.

Either you deliver a good product or service folks out there want or you are out of business.

Go open a bakery and start selling undercooked bread. When questioned by miffed customer, tell him all of that stuff you just told to defend poorly organised developer. Let's see how many bread-buying clients you'll have after several days.

GGG simply have poor product development practices. They don't really know how to plan live ops content development and how to do QA.

I'm also pretty sure that PoE tech is on its last legs. Too much went in already, technical game health is low and it's not worth fixing it knowing that PoE 2 is coming.

It's quite clear they never do any CI and A/B testing of content or closed roll-outs to actually test gameplay outside of confined area of their studio and possibly one or two external QA providers they use.

Well, you would have to open the bakery and give the plain bread for free. And, say, those who want to have bread with various plant seeds, wholegrain bread, or any non-plain bread, would have to pay a small amount. If someone wanted a cake, then it would cost much more.

Such comparison is not the best, I think. On the other hand, if the free plain bread would be underbaked, indeed much less people would come around and possibly buy something extra.

"Well, you would have to open the bakery and give the plain bread for free" < you really think that they're making that game for charity? For free? XD They're making tons of money on it, that's why they're doing it, not from altruism lol. If they're making a crap product more people will leave, simple as that. If there was any good Hack&Slash game on the market they would reconsider what they're doing. Now they're number 1 and they don't give a crap anymore.
I legit feel bad for Bex this league
GGG made her job really hard with all this fuckery.
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Will there ever be a stash in the neutral room between grand heists?? Or will they fix being able to go back to Rogue Harb when we finish a room?
I would be happy if they fix the critical bugs around Grand Heist.
The Grand Heist big door not opening/missing open panel, and the worst of all, the no entrance in Grand Heist at the begining of the map.

Right now Heist is Standard unless you want to waste your time and coins into failing the G Heist right when you enter the map.
GGG " We're planning to deploy this patch by the end of this working week (or early next week)."

PLEASE dont deploy it until it's really adressing the most important issues, without introducing new ones.
Heist is such a great idea, I really love it and so disapointing with all those problems it has.
Not mentioning my league start night sitting there with pizza and beer (alc free) and than couldnt get the game to start until hotfix on saturday...grrrrr.... So better let us wait 1 or 2 days more but with a senseful patch that makes this league as great as the idea is

have fun Vhalaa
The Staggering is not working i have died a few times from being insta killed by 30 guards all attacking at the same time while i even baiting the attacks by walking 1 step infront of the door from the side i think its actually gotten worse since the *hotfix*
Nice fix before weekend thanks you
Eat Sleep Repeat
This league is such a disappointment.
Please enable the option to move green contracts to the heist chest, as it is taking up a lot of space from the normal chest and we cannot remove or throw it away

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info