Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Good decision.You need to earn these items.
"
SimonAdebisi wrote:

How can I earn a more stable version of POE and a better trading system without the use of third party tools?

Do I need to wait another 10 years? Is that all part of the experience?

This is a bit of a shit post, but so is your comment. This change doesn't address some of the main flaws highlighted by Chris himself.
"

That’s an odd assumption to make. Not everyone is minimum wage working 70 hours a week. Some people have good careers.

I don’t min-max. I play a character until I’m done and move on, as the game does not require min maxing to play. So these changes don’t affect me. Harvest was helpful, but unnecessary for the game.

All the rage in this thread is from people with short sighted vision of game design. This is not the last change to crafting, despite the overreaction here

"

People with "good careers" as you call it usually work at least 60-70h a week. That is what makes a career good - high salary, but that comes at a price. Much responsiblity and high workload. High salary and much free time to play games is an illusion.

If you don't min-max, that does not mean no one else does it or should do it. Don't extrapolate your expectations on everyone else.

The last point you are making seems also off. If crafting is to be changed even more in the future, why would you remove Harvest right now? Why not fix it all together, at the right time?

Not all high paying jobs work big hours, I’ll give you that tip. The more I get paid the less hours I work.

My point was min maxing is not required. So it matters little that Harvest crafting is removed. Some people used it and are cranky that it’s gone. They’ll be happy one day in the future or they will leave.

As long as GGG is making improvements in line with their objectives, the game will live on. Kowtowing to the infantile screeching of these forums will never be a winning strategy.
WARNING: Do not give GGG money. Never forgive the content creator priority uncovered during 3.14 Ultimatum league.
GGG got caught giving content creators in game advantages, only when caught would they tell the player base they were doing this. This will continue, but more slyly.
Last edited by Ghostseer on Mar 12, 2021, 7:38:17 PM
"
HowToGusta wrote:
"
SimonAdebisi wrote:

How can I earn a more stable version of POE and a better trading system without the use of third party tools?

This is a bit of a shit post, but so is your comment. This change doesn't address some of the main flaws highlighted by Chris himself.

I dont care about you and i have literally 0 idea why you quote me with this nonsense.I just commented manifesto.
"
Tantrums and more tantrums do what you will it won't change the decision.

You have 40/40. Somehow your take doesn't surprise me.
Last edited by SovietPride on Mar 12, 2021, 7:46:53 PM
"
SovietPride wrote:
"

You have 40/40. Somehow your take doesn't surprise me.

I haven’t played much this league, I have the same opinion as that guy. What ad hominem will you throw at me?
WARNING: Do not give GGG money. Never forgive the content creator priority uncovered during 3.14 Ultimatum league.
GGG got caught giving content creators in game advantages, only when caught would they tell the player base they were doing this. This will continue, but more slyly.
"
Ghostseer wrote:
My point was min maxing is not required. So it matters little that Harvest crafting is removed.

Alot of people enjoy crafting shiny things for that reason alone, and consequently spend more time playing. Player retention is a good thing.
It also matters alot more for hipster builds that actually do require the item power, thus enabling for a more diverse set of builds in the later stages of the game.

Your assumption that harvest crafting matters little because it's not required to play the game is based on a very narrow mindset of why players actually play.
Last edited by twitticles on Mar 12, 2021, 7:54:28 PM
I like playing slightly off meta builds. Harvest crafting helps out with that ALOT. It looks like I've been buying supporter packs off and on since Ascendancies were first added. Do I need to not buy for 2-4 leagues to get Chris's attention?
"
SimonAdebisi wrote:
"
HowToGusta wrote:
"
SimonAdebisi wrote:

I dont care about you and i have literally 0 idea why you quote me with this nonsense.I just commented manifesto.

You're commenting on a forum with a bunch of people you don't know who will quote you if they feel like it- you couldn't figure that out eh?
Last edited by HowToGusta on Mar 12, 2021, 7:58:09 PM
"
Athenaea wrote:
I like playing slightly off meta builds. Harvest crafting helps out with that ALOT. It looks like I've been buying supporter packs off and on since Ascendancies were first added. Do I need to not buy for 2-4 leagues to get Chris's attention?

>Toxic rain
>ball lightning mines
>off meta

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info