Whirling Blades

Unavailable
Unavailable

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Jan 4, 2023, 4:45:35 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Does this have crit chance? If not, why not?
This is by far my favorite mobility skill in the game. With a fast attack rate, it's great for getting out of tough spots in a hurry as well as charging through enemies to get the the ranged ones. It's also quite hilarious to dive into a group of pots to shatter them :)

"
Tertium_Quid wrote:
It's a weapon skill, so it uses your weapon's crit chance.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:

"
Tertium_Quid wrote:
It's a weapon skill, so it uses your weapon's crit chance.

I have not really used weapons since before the current system was implemented; also, I am so used to spells which have a base crit chance...
Can someone tell me how this works with dual wielding?? - damage wise i mean
"
auraforlaura wrote:
Can someone tell me how this works with dual wielding?? - damage wise i mean
The description doesn't make an allowance for dual wielding so it *probably* just calculates with your main hand weapon.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
I dislike the wait time at the end of using this skill... Real easy to get killed during it. Has anyone found a way to reduce this waiting time? I don't think attack speed affects it, but perhaps casting speed does, haven't been able to test yet.
What are the mechanics of this skill? Is it AoE, or does it pick a number of targets like Lightning Arrow, or does it attack a number of times like Whirlwind in D2? Does weapon speed and attack speed affect it in any way?
Yea... plz give some clarification on the mechanics... how does attackspeed relate to this? - it shows somekind og inherent attack time that seems to relate to weaponspeed but its completly unclear... and how does dualwield influence it... is it another skill that only gets 10% attackspeed bonus from dualwielding or what is it?
I've played with this a fair bit on my ranger and it seems interesting. I'll try answer a few of the questions asked based on my experience.

First of all it effectively acts like a dash and you basically hit anything you pass over. You can cover about half the screen but your limited by the reach of your weapons, a bit like whirlwind in D2. So since it only works with daggers, claws and 1 handed swords you'll only really hit stuff you directly pass over and from what I can tell increased aoe range has no effect on it.

In terms of dual wielding it does show damage for off hand but I get the impression that its only hitting with your main hand. If thats the case then the only benefit you gain is the 10% increased attack speed if you plan to dual wield.

The biggest problems I have are:

- The delay (silly pose animation) at the end of each run, as mentioned by Ragura a bit earlier. I tried faster cast rate and increased attack speed with no luck in trying to reduce the delay. This one aspect could really be costly in Chaos and needs to be looked at.

- The mana costs is crazy considering that it only does 60% of your base damage. It does get better as you progress, 3% extra damage per gem level so at lvl 16 it would be sat at 45% increased melee damage / 60% base melee. However even with two supports and 4% mana leech I'm still struggling to keep it up.

Edit: tired posting ftl
Last edited by Lonexs on May 10, 2012, 9:07:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info