Development Stories: Path of Exile 2 Narrative Design Philosophies

"
Often, if you skip talking to an NPC, you’ll still be able to pick up a vague version of their quest from environmental clues along the way. If you manage to skip the clues as well and complete the quest completely blind, the NPCs will be grateful, but possibly bewildered. From their perspective, you’re a crazed antisocial barbarian who charged through their town, killed a bunch of monsters, then randomly brought them a highly personal item like a cat dropping off a dead bird. But thanks, I suppose?

I sure hope we won't have to talk to NPCs for quests. The ability to skip NPCs while progressing is what makes POE campaigns feel so much nicer than other ARPGs.
I would like to still feel the dark atmosphere of PoE, but at the same time less gore. If you pay enough atention to the game you'll realize somethings are quite disturbing XD
i tell you my story. started in 2013. had no clue about this game. tryed maybe 2 hours of this. but then too much items started to drop. got back to game since 3 years ago from now i think. and things havent changed at all. lets just remove all currency and drop more that glutter.
fk archnemesis.
Bring back Gruest as a living dead, so I can kill his spittin' ass one more time.
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
Sin and innocence. Sins dialogue at the end of the campaign in oriath needs to be seen!

<3
"
scafutto20 wrote:
less gore.

NO WAY.

There're TONS of ARPG games with less gore / no gore at all. Why don't you play those?

----------> D3 that way btw.

PoE is one and only game with normal gore and always there's somebody who wants it removed 🙁😡🤬
Last edited by Beglets on Apr 22, 2021, 8:38:14 PM
Please keep PoE2 grim and dark, don't turn it into another heroic tale like Diablo 3.
I'd like to see how the storyline of POE1 is reconciled to the storyline of POE2 as both campaigns will be available for players. That is, at the end of POE1, it would seem weird to be suddenly thrust 20 years into the future into the shared endgame which presumably will happen in POE2's present.

Unanswered questions at the end of POE1 I'd like to see resolved in POE2:

What happened to Nessa?

What happened to Innocence during his exile in the far south?

Where is Sin?

Is the empire truly dead? Will a new Dominus arise?

Did the Karui tribes return to their ancestral homeland or did some remain in Wraeclast to live?
Adventure Mode plssss.

No matter how good the campaign is, it gets old after the tenth time in league start.
Is Fairgraves really dead?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info