Looking for tanky spellcaster build for pvp

Hello, i like to play with brands. Looking for tanky spellcaster (storm brand) build for pvp on act 8 arena. With huge life or mana regen (5k+ desirable). What can you advice? What is the best choice for brands builds in pvp?
Last edited by Obl1terator on May 31, 2021, 9:58:51 AM
Last bumped on Jun 16, 2021, 10:28:39 AM
I found a indigon pathfinder build, that have good regen and good DPS, but i never made this type of builds. Some one made it? If yes, can you give me some examples, guides, tips... anything? How to make it correctly? I cannot find good complete guide for it...
Last edited by Obl1terator on May 31, 2021, 10:17:44 AM
saddly ggg nerfed and killed the most of defensive mechanics in pvp and now the only decent one is indigon (but still need heavy invest to work) , so yes indigon is okay , i think a brand skill will work better with a full dps setup+high movement speed because some guys are playing 2 screens aoe skills like bladefall+bladeblast, etc
"
Obl1terator wrote:
I found a indigon pathfinder build, that have good regen and good DPS, but i never made this type of builds. Some one made it? If yes, can you give me some examples, guides, tips... anything? How to make it correctly? I cannot find good complete guide for it...

I would stick to an Indigon build and focus flat damage since it scales really well with Indigon. Pair that with a strong T value flat damage skill like Blazing Salvio + mines and your good to go unless you're really fixated on brands.. It's also the best build at the moment for both offense and defense. If you want to go far with it, incorporate a lot of life recovery and flask modifiers and use Enduring Eternal Mana Flasks like most folks are doing. Other builds like Blade blast or Purifying flame for instance will require you to buy really good legacy physical extra-damage equipment like scepters which can get very costly.

Hoping my paragraph is easier to read than the blabber you had to read prior to it lol
«PVP» -- PVP Guild. Recruiting!

Pm me for: 1v1s / 2v2s / 3v3s / CTFs!
Thank you all, i will try assassin for speed and pathfinder for tank. I played on hierophant archnage with storm brand, hiero have good damage and it was very easy to stack 66% resist penetration on it, on less than 5 ex budget i able to kill almost anyone in all league. But it have lack of survivability in some circumstances, especially agains strong exsanguinate miners builds. They just put it on me, my mana reduced to zero and i can do nothing, if i do not kill them first. I tryed to stack huge mana regen, but all that i can reach it's around 2k mana regen per second and up to 40% phys damage reduction (armour do not helps against exsanguinate), it's not enought. This character name is enemy_invasion, in my char list, you can check it if you want.

By the way, exists any ways to counter exsanguinate dot? I mean, against bane dot, for example, i can use counter curse flask to dispell despair and stack 75% chaos res. But what can i do agains exsang? It cannot be dispelled like bleed, it cannot be dodged with dash becouse mines auto target you, i cannot stack huge phys damage reduction wihtout armour (armour useless against exsang dot). Is any ways to deal with it, or all what i can do is go to super tanky 100+ ex unkillable machine?
Last edited by Obl1terator on Jun 1, 2021, 2:53:13 PM
"
Obl1terator wrote:
Thank you all, i will try assassin for speed and pathfinder for tank. I played on hierophant archnage with storm brand, hiero have good damage and it was very easy to stack 66% resist penetration on it, on less than 5 ex budget i able to kill almost anyone in all league. But it have lack of survivability in some circumstances, especially agains strong exsanguinate miners builds. They just put it on me, my mana reduced to zero and i can do nothing, if i do not kill them first. I tryed to stack huge mana regen, but all that i can reach it's around 2k mana regen per second and up to 40% phys damage reduction (armour do not helps against exsanguinate), it's not enought. This character name is enemy_invasion, in my char list, you can check it if you want.

btw pathfinder is just good in sarn arena , could work good in 1vs1 but you will need a lot of movement speed for kill the opponent because flask are not infinite in 1vs1 , so you need to calculate when you should spend your flask charges

dont forget to use '' Block Chance Reduction Support '' in your 6l setup , you can swap your ES body armour for an skin of the loyal with these implicits ''+2 aoe'' or ''+1 to all gems''

your char looks good for pve but crit multi doesnt works good in pvp ( crit multi just works good for skills like discharge because the skill is broken in pvp and you hit every 3-5 seconds so anti-crit pantheon doesnt works )

well mines have been broken in pvp since a long time , and skill+mines have more aoe and can hit more times ignoring pvp dmg values ( mine throwing speed ) ,so probably you need an aoe skill vs the miner guy but if you want to use stormbrand vs him , probably you just need more dmg ,and maybe some clusters jewels that will give more attachment range to your brands

"
Obl1terator wrote:

By the way, exists any ways to counter exsanguinate dot? I mean, against bane dot, for example, i can use counter curse flask to dispell despair and stack 75% chaos res. But what can i do agains exsang? It cannot be dispelled like bleed, it cannot be dodged with dash becouse mines auto target you, i cannot stack huge phys damage reduction wihtout armour (armour useless against exsang dot). Is any ways to deal with it, or all what i can do is go to super tanky 100+ ex unkillable machine?

i think the cheap way is oneshot him with an aoe skill , tanks are too nerfed in league , a decent one will just work with legacy standard gear

good pvp aoe skills :
-Puryfing flame + mines ( will work good with a bow with +int gems+1gems+strenght gems ) and a decent setup /also you can use fireball or blazing salvo with the same setup

-Bladefall+Bladeblast ( will work good with dual void battery or dual increased hatred effect/+1 to all gems sceptres ) and a decent setup

-any archer skills but could be super expensive in league unless you try the juggernaut accuricy stack version

btw pvp in poe is very fun but be careful with the immature pvp players, most of people is friendly and mature but theres a few who stalks and obsses with you when they cant win , feel free to pm me if you need any pvp help
Last edited by EspadaDelPanico on Jun 1, 2021, 4:47:37 PM
"
-Bladefall+Bladeblast ( will work good with dual void battery or dual increased hatred effect/+1 to all gems sceptres ) and a decent setup

i allways thought that is bladefall is easy to dodge on arena - you just wait for sound of starting blades fall and push dash in any direction, than attack, then repeat. Becouse of it i thought bladefall is not best choice for pvp...

"
theres a few who stalks and obsses with you when they cant win

got one in league, hes chars names is Fassderat, Fassdeku and few chars else, do not remember names... insulting other players, especially new ones, abuse wide screen, every time when he loses, he goes for broken build like arakaali spireds or exsanguinate mines just for gain easy victory...
Last edited by Obl1terator on Jun 2, 2021, 5:02:54 AM
"
Obl1terator wrote:
insulting other players, especially new ones, abuse wide screen, every time when he loses, he goes for broken build like arakaali spireds or exsanguinate mines just for gain easy victory...

Haha this guy is always fun.
Spiders try using Chance to flee, minions run away when hit with chance to flee.

You might be able to freeze them all if you use anomalous artic armour linked with elemental Elemental Proliferation Support,Awakened Unbound Ailments Support + inc duration and if his spiders are not freeze immune.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jun 2, 2021, 9:50:07 AM
By the way, is there a way to find out how much and what types of damage you received? Some kind of console or log files... For example, enemy deal 50% of phys and 50% of chaos damage, i want to see all types of damage i got (phys and chaos in this case), and how many damage of each type i got. Is it possible?
Last edited by Obl1terator on Jun 2, 2021, 4:18:23 PM
Castablanca had a good brand build

Forum pvp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info