New Microtransactions: Myrmidon Lightning Strike and Character Effect

lightning strike nerf, yay
Very cool MTX!
I haven't seen another character effect like Spellblade, which is reactive to your attacks. That's too bad because it's such a cool concept.
That Myrmidon Character Effect is totally not just a recolor of the Elite Faithsworn Character Effect from the supporter pack. Nope. Not at all...
"
biaXamseng wrote:
I haven't seen another character effect like Spellblade, which is reactive to your attacks. That's too bad because it's such a cool concept.

the candels in ritual effect burn red when you kill mobs
pog
"
Exile009 wrote:
That Myrmidon Character Effect is totally not just a recolor of the Elite Faithsworn Character Effect from the supporter pack. Nope. Not at all...

it's not, it behaves totally differently.

only similarity is that there's 3 orbs that rotate with a trail.

when the character is moving they react completely differently.

They are sort of similar at a glance, but this one behaves in a different way to faithsworn.
Tyrs Paladium - DoT Enthusiast.
Last edited by Umbral_Spectre on Aug 11, 2021, 10:50:45 AM
"
biaXamseng wrote:

the issue with spellblade is that the basic effect is pretty boring, and it takes a fair amount of killing to charge it up, so newer players never really got to see the effect while levelling.

I think faithsworn was them just front loading the effect instead, and it's done way better than spell blade (at least in terms of usage. I rarely ever seen spellblade effect in a hub, where as everyone uses faithsworn)

Faithsworn is one of the most seen character effects in the game right now, and I myself use it on loads of my fashions.

I do like spellblade, but I would have liked for it to take fewer kills to charge it up, as it only really looks good at end game.

Would be cool to get more character effects that level up though, just I'd like there to be more stages or just that it kicks in sooner.

I tried having spellblade effect on an all purple character, using the new darkshard aura and you just can't see it. It barely looks like it's doing anything.

It was probably because I had so much purple though, that the nuance was undetectable.

I do feel having some contrast is essential. If you are doing a purple fashion, and there's too much of the same shade of purple it just becomes completely muddled.

it doesn't have to be like opposite colour wheel contrast, but some contrast goes a long way.

For me I tend to use black effects with armours that use a darker tone for the contrast, but also stuff like having suffering aura (is suffering the yellow one with the hands?) on the Viper set.

The new poison effects (I forget the name) the character one has some black in it, so then I go with black foot prints and black flame dash.

I use the necrotic hood though instead of the viper helmet and the necrotic cape or wings.

it's one of my favourites in the game at the minute. the colours just work so well together. you have colours in common and high contrast that all just works.
Tyrs Paladium - DoT Enthusiast.
Last edited by Umbral_Spectre on Aug 11, 2021, 11:01:46 AM
Nice to finally see some MTX's for some of the older skills. I very much like the color and hue for this series but man am I not a fan of that sound effect. Same with the dash one :c Would be nice to see more in the Mystic and Oblivion series. Very much over the whole Celestial aesthetic.
What about revert some nerfs?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info