[3.17] 👑PoE on Steroids: ✨Flicker Strike✨ CoC Ice Nova / Spear ❄️ - S-Tier T16s, Sirus, map/boss ✔️

"
primaeva wrote:

Before I start, do you have about 60 ex? Because I am absolutely not going to recommend anyone try to Occultist this with less than deep pockets. XD

yeah i actually have a bit more than that, assuming i sell my HH, but just my bow alone for my Elementalist ( which i plan on turning into an Occultist for htis build ) runs 40-50 ex not counting what i have farmed up after i bought my HH on my MF build lol. (I let me son play my MF build wiht a strickt filter while i was at work he likes the zoom zoom and screen booms but hates to play anyhting other than maps so hes racked up a bit of currency for me ,lol )
"
Cazziuz wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:

Before I start, do you have about 60 ex? Because I am absolutely not going to recommend anyone try to Occultist this with less than deep pockets. XD

yeah i actually have a bit more than that, assuming i sell my HH, but just my bow alone for my Elementalist ( which i plan on turning into an Occultist for htis build ) runs 40-50 ex not counting what i have farmed up after i bought my HH on my MF build lol. (I let me son play my MF build wiht a strickt filter while i was at work he likes the zoom zoom and screen booms but hates to play anyhting other than maps so hes racked up a bit of currency for me ,lol )

Something like this:

https://pastebin.com/UMxFHgVj

Although honestly, run the Ice Spear version as Occultist. The main draw of Ice Nova is that it has great splash scaling from Vast Power - Occultist has INBUILT Vast Power and resist shred so Herald of Ice is really good for chaining. T

he Hatred Crit gem is absolutely necessary for it to not feel like ass, and you definitely may need to use the Brittle Boots to get the build rolling. BiS is if you can snag a Elemental Weakness/Assassin's Mark Ring, run it with Sniper's Mark on Hit, and run Whispers of Doom for triple curse - that's where Occultist leaps ahead of Assassin in terms of damage.

Bottled Faith takes over Wise Oak because you have so much inbuilt penetration as Occultist that Wise Oak Pen loses value. We also run ZO to take advantage of the Consecrated Ground Regen (to replace ES on hit... ES on Hit + Hatred Crit watchers are 199ex, not 30-50 as I remembered. Yikes.)
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
Cazziuz wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:

Also, dang. I am sure your son is going to LOVE this build. The autotarget, zooming and shatter is perfect ADHD fodder for a young mind. xD
well igotta say , after conversion its a beast though i have onlyt ran like 1 test map , but it was crazy fast . only thing i didnt get that i could see was the es gain on hit partr of hte watchers eye , i got the rest though.

i was wanting to ask if running a HH on this build would be considered viable? or if that slot would be better set for es and res?

but seriuslythank y ou for the pob,made my day, now im off to nap before w ork tonight ,then imma smash maps once im home ,lol thanks again !
Realy cool build, but i have been strugling with gearing it for the past 2 days. Finaly i did itand I must say it is a lot of fun. Wrecking yellow maps with my eyes closed :D
Did some red maps, kirac missions and etc. and i get oneshotted quit a lot. I have purity of elements but sometimes it feels like I start burning/degening and just die. So only defense against that is pressing Vaal discipline?

https://pastebin.com/5EaecRpY

I added my POB, maybe someone can take a look and give me some advice. Maybe my gear is bad, too low ES, too low level, wrong cluster jewels?

Thanks, and good hunting.

P.S. I believe i am still missing 2 passivs from bandits, but at this time i dont have the regrets to switch from Alira :D
"

I also found that the replica conq eff jewel and one ring with non-channeling cost was sufficient to keep my mana from bottoming out. so maybe there's ground to be gained there.

Yes! Although I recommend you sacrifice for the open prefix on ring and drop Rep Conq Efficiency instead because a jewel slot adds a LOT of damage and tankiness! (Look at my Abyssals - they were 10c and 20c and add a ton of ES and like a hundred thousand DPS I believe.) That's more than a prefix can ever grant on a ring, so flip that around. Plus rings without a life roll are supa cheap.

ah hell yeah. smart.

"

1.5k ES more is 30% more "HP" than you currently have - let me promise you it WILL make a world of difference - to the point where you could just try slotting in Presence of Chayula for a couple maps and you will immediately notice the difference! Since we rely on brute force 50% of ES as stun threshold, and 50% stun avoidance, the extra 750 buffer is really huge (imagine taking a 2.5k life build to tier 16s, you'd be stunned to death all the time). A lot of deaths comes from being micro-chain-stunned and thus the damage not popping off fast enough to murder stuff. I would do everything in your power to get that figure up to 6.5k ASAP (I currently run a 7.1k ES setup).

Tying some info together, I kind of suspect, since you mention that you don't do no-regen maps and therefore may be running out of mana on those maps, that your CWDT-Ball Lightning+Molten Shell may not be firing as often as they could be because you're oom, which is why the 1 mana cost mark is really key. CWDT-Ball Lightning is a cheese mechanic that makes you almost invulnerable to zerg damage in maps: https://streamable.com/aegb8x - and if you're OOM you're down a ridiculous defense layer.

Thats good to know about the ES. I'm at 5.6 now, will keep workin on it.

TBH I was assuming I should skip the mana regen maps without ever really testing that. I'll double check the ball lightning setup. I have my cwdt at lv 1 just for the most frequent pops since we care about ballLight hits but not dmg.

"

Absolutely right, I hate degens with a passion. Zealot's Oath + Sulphur/Bottled is a good stopgap. With a higher budget like 40ex, you can try to shop an Assassin's Mark ring, put Frostbite into the Cospri's instead, and all this to free up the Mark on Hit + Ass Mark slots to run Vitality and one other aura. You will however need to come up with 5 skill points for even more reservation nodes on the tree (left side). This is a build that needs points all the way up to 100, which is both a blessing and curse.

Hmmm I do love me some vitality. I'm confused about getting the frostbite into Cospri's tho. is that a possible corruption? Maybe we could do mark in one ring and frostbite in the other.

I feel like I might possibly have enough mana to run a bit of vitality and a bit of precision without more resEfficiency nodes. Ultimately yeah itd be nice to push like 98-100. Do you think it would ever be justifiable to drop some precision levels to gain some vitality levels?

"

It goes up to 60%?

65% reduced I think is max

"

All these tricks I will compile into a "high-end" section of the build

This seems wise to me.

"

Nope. HH REALLY works well with this build, mainly because even before Divergent + Ashes combo it make your targetting become screenwide. HH + Open Maps is absolutely insane, you can clear it in 15 seconds. It also becomes a hilarious Nem3/Nem4 farmer (or whatever the equivalent is these days). I actually built this on Standard in 3.16 to prepare for the 3.17 release, and 3.17 Ashes happened and I've been too busy to farm a HH, but when you do get one, absolutely go enjoy it (it's why the build is designed around having the belt slot flexible as well.)

?? How does the HH increase targeting range? Goddam thats exciting.
I feel like knowing this makes HH the only logical destination for this build.

"

Hmm I think a lot of these boil down to needing to get more ES to take a hit before you give it back,

yeah thats probably true/fair.

"

However this is one reason why Occultist is the superior build past a point

Oh yeah i forgot all about that variant tbh. Maybe i need to gain an understanding of where you regain the crit you lose from dropping Assassin.

"

preemptively pop VMS

Ah i see. this is a personal mental hangup for me having not really used VMS in the past. On other builds ive typically wanted to only run 1 vaal skill for more uptime of whichever i deemed most critical, but we clear trash so fast it prolly wouldnt be a problem to run both VMS and VD.

"

The Ice Spear version is quite required to take a bat to Pinnacle bosses.

Yep. For my goals im cool with not doing maven on this build.

"

It fires in triples with different intervals because it apparently uses the weapon's thrusting animation.

Wow i never thought of that. Very much looking forward to a technical deep dive video. This is probably a contributing factor to why Shrines/HH can feel so good on this build because there isnt just a few attack speed thresholds to get through like cyclone, it probably squeezes together otherwise inefficient intervals of attacks and CoC procs.

"

I highly, highly, highly recommend you just buy a level 1 cyclone (and drop Multistrike ofc for like Cold Pen) and try it out for a boss. It is a simple, clean probably 40% DPS upgrade for the reasons stated above and it gives CONTROL over your character. It is why I intend to really sell the build as 3 builds in one. It can be a GREAT pinnacle bosser (especially Ice Spear, oh boy, Ice Spear scaling is busted even with cheap gear).

ok ill give it a shot.

"

Ahaha you missed the boat, there used to be maybe 50+ on the market and I handed out all 3 of my reserve at cost price already. xD

I wanna speak to your manager!

edit: I rechecked and it seems there are more than 0 available sometimes so maybe not all hope is lost.

"

Yup, also if you go this route, try Badge of the Brotherhood. 3.16 version used Badge with Mistwalker and it was as you can guess amazingly fast. I just tend to release the 'safer' version as baseline PoB because a bigger weakness was the single targt DPS (and probably one of the biggest dangers to the build in juiced maps is aura-stacking rares so the 20% reduced damage taken is huge).

You think Badge version would still be faster even if we 'miss' more jumps from loosing some teleport range? I'll have to try it out either way.

"

This mod is for pinnacle bosses and zerging down

oh ok that makes sense

"

Expect nerfs next league...

Yeah id put money on archnemesis not going core, at least right away. If we lose that brittle mod idk where youd get it back. maybe you dont. maybe i need to look at the 3.16 version.

edit: derp the mod doesnt come from archnemesis items. disregard.

"

Also it was pointed out by others on this thread that on the right side of the tree you can replace a frenzy duration node with a 10 dex "for free" which I did.

"

Dang this is super smart!

It is smart! not my idea sadly. credit to reptoon i think.

"

And I guess ditto on the left - you can get 10 int instead of 20% PC duration! Stonks!!

Good Ape. Strung Ape

Thanks for the detailed responses!

edit1: Wow just realized I somehow forgot to pick up pain attunement along the way. What does it say that I thought it was still a good build while missing a source of 30% more dmg lol.
Last edited by BruteNewb on Mar 12, 2022, 4:26:37 PM
Also just wanted to mention that even for how starved we are for points I keep finding myself eyeballing "Blast Radius" in the thread of hope ring.

Smart? Foolish? idk
"
KurbadsN7 wrote:
Realy cool build, but i have been strugling with gearing it for the past 2 days. Finaly i did itand I must say it is a lot of fun. Wrecking yellow maps with my eyes closed :D
Did some red maps, kirac missions and etc. and i get oneshotted quit a lot. I have purity of elements but sometimes it feels like I start burning/degening and just die. So only defense against that is pressing Vaal discipline?

https://pastebin.com/5EaecRpY

I added my POB, maybe someone can take a look and give me some advice. Maybe my gear is bad, too low ES, too low level, wrong cluster jewels?

Thanks, and good hunting.

P.S. I believe i am still missing 2 passivs from bandits, but at this time i dont have the regrets to switch from Alira :D

Hey dude.. Um.. 3.8k ES. That's actually white map territory yeah. Haha. The recommended is 6.5k. I am currently at 7.1k, almost double your health!

You will get stunned all the time and die all the time in reds. Even a 3.8k Life Build in red maps isn't going to cut it.

Load the first post again, I've included some trade search URLs to help search for high ES rares at cheap cost.

As a temporary measure to help you get there, buy a Presence of Chayula and use that for now. You get less damage and less Flicker range but it's going to help you WAY MORE for the foreseeable future.

Also you absolutely need an armour roll on your Granite flask, which will give a lot of free armour.

Thank you for the response. With discipline active I have almost 5k ES, but I get where you are going. Will try to up my ES.
"
BruteNewb wrote:
Also just wanted to mention that even for how starved we are for points I keep finding myself eyeballing "Blast Radius" in the thread of hope ring.

Smart? Foolish? idk

Not foolish at all, it's what I take when I have a spare point but usually last priority and I unspec it again if I need two points for somethign else.

"

?? How does the HH increase targeting range? Goddam thats exciting.
I feel like knowing this makes HH the only logical destination for this build.

Well, mostly due to Soul Eater and gigantism, you being half the size of the screen swells your character's 'hitbox' and, er, edge, I guess, so the teleport distance is calculated from there instead of the center of the screen.

"

You think Badge version would still be faster even if we 'miss' more jumps from loosing some teleport range? I'll have to try it out either way.

Yeah, I mean, 20% increased isn't too bad by itself. The movespeed boost plus massive increase in attack speed (and 16% more damage) (make sure it doesn't surpass the 7.57 though) is more pronounced than that.

"

edit1: Wow just realized I somehow forgot to pick up pain attunement along the way. What does it say that I thought it was still a good build while missing a source of 30% more dmg lol.

Oooof.. but also, Ha-ha! Now you can play with training weights off!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info