Game Balance in Siege of the Atlas

"
MrSparkle001 wrote:
"
alex_disp wrote:

Nobody will use it? So having a 7-link is worse than 6-link? Maybe if you have +1 curse +1 gems +spell crit body armor it would compete, but usually adding 1 link is a big damage buff, and mitigating curses is almost easy as pie now. Soul Mantle just went from mandatory Spell totem build enabler to a good early-to-mid game item, but it's still better than most 6-links out there.

But like someone else said, it's possible to use Uul-Netol's Vow for that and get a different body armor that doesn't require you to have to negate curses. That's not exactly as easy as acquiring Soul Mantle though.

The question becomes is it worth having a 7-link that requires investment into curse negation? Before it was a 7-link plus +1 totem which was a good tradeoff, as curse negation uses up items and skill points.

I still disagree with the nerf. I don't know what purpose it serves.

Uul-Netol's vow, aside from being out of reach for pretty much everyone playing totems, also competes with the +2 ammy. It is actually not better than a well rolled +2.

The advantage of the Soul Mantle isn't just the 7L, it's also the fact that you can fairly reliably get a corrupt one with good implicits. +1 the socketed gems for example is massive for FP Totems.
The Soul Mantle Unique Body Armour no longer has +1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems. Existing items can be updated with a Divine Orb and a momentary lapse in judgement.

lol nice one
"
TemjinGold wrote:
"
MrSparkle001 wrote:
"
alex_disp wrote:

Nobody will use it? So having a 7-link is worse than 6-link? Maybe if you have +1 curse +1 gems +spell crit body armor it would compete, but usually adding 1 link is a big damage buff, and mitigating curses is almost easy as pie now. Soul Mantle just went from mandatory Spell totem build enabler to a good early-to-mid game item, but it's still better than most 6-links out there.

But like someone else said, it's possible to use Uul-Netol's Vow for that and get a different body armor that doesn't require you to have to negate curses. That's not exactly as easy as acquiring Soul Mantle though.

The question becomes is it worth having a 7-link that requires investment into curse negation? Before it was a 7-link plus +1 totem which was a good tradeoff, as curse negation uses up items and skill points.

I still disagree with the nerf. I don't know what purpose it serves.

Uul-Netol's vow, aside from being out of reach for pretty much everyone playing totems, also competes with the +2 ammy. It is actually not better than a well rolled +2.

The advantage of the Soul Mantle isn't just the 7L, it's also the fact that you can fairly reliably get a corrupt one with good implicits. +1 the socketed gems for example is massive for FP Totems.

+1 gems +2 projectile gems double courruption would be even better.
Last edited by alex_disp on Jan 26, 2022, 12:36:19 PM
Very excited to try the self cast buffs, I'm looking forward to play non crit arc guardian low life with some auras in HC.
My only problem with self casting is that you cannot cancel the repeats from spell echo the same way you can do it with repeats from multistrike on attacks so I never use spell echo, but maybe with the cast speed buffs on gear it will feel smoother?
Being able to move properly if you can cancel the repeats when there are alot of monsters around would be a defensive upgrade on its own, along with the big cast speed buff so that you spend less time stationary.
Can't wait to play next league.
Last edited by demon7310 on Jan 26, 2022, 1:25:31 PM
GGG, you are constantly pushing this game towards more and more time investment and these patch notes :)...
Thanks, but I am back to life...
"
Arrcanos wrote:
Exerted builds receive love? Nope. Any form of improvements for slams? Nope. Any form of improvements for melee? Nope.

Lost Ark is coming out a few days after this launch.
Elden Ring.
Total War.
Dying Light 2.
Pokemon is already out.

What is GGG doing that is supposed to keep me playing this? New bosses that will be bugged for a month? New mechanics that will be incomplete for a month? GGG just sitting there expecting me to keep spending without ever putting the effort in. Prove to me you've earned my money.

None of those games proved they deserve any money and yet you have to pay for them to play, unlike Path of Exile. Hope youre not talking about Arceus, probably the most effortless pokemon game ever made.

Of course you're not gonna spend money if you only care about hating; this thread itself is part of the effort, if you don't like it doesnt mean they're not putting effort on it. Get over it and stop whining.
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
"
demon7310 wrote:
Very excited to try the self cast buffs, I'm looking forward to play non crit arc guardian low life with some auras in HC.
My only problem with self casting is that you cannot cancel the repeats from spell echo the same way you can do it with repeats from multistrike on attacks so I never use spell echo, but maybe with the cast speed buffs on gear it will feel smoother?
Being able to move properly if you can cancel the repeats when there are alot of monsters around would be a defensive upgrade on its own, along with the big cast speed buff so that you spend less time stationary.

the spell echo place lock is also generally a thing that bugged me. until i realized that frostblink does simply not care. you can frostblink WHILE casting, because its instant. i mean not that it really mattered while unleash was above and beyond anything else, as you nobrain went unleash ANYWAY. but now frostblink might actually be a serious choice.
"
Liokar wrote:
"
demon7310 wrote:

the spell echo place lock is also generally a thing that bugged me. until i realized that frostblink does simply not care. you can frostblink WHILE casting, because its instant. i mean not that it really mattered while unleash was above and beyond anything else, as you nobrain went unleash ANYWAY. but now frostblink might actually be a serious choice.

Hell i didn't even know unleash was a thing for self cast and now it's getting nerfed.
But I have good support alternatives for non crit arc : added lightning + lightning penetration + controlled destruction + arcane surge + empower or spell echo or chain
Problem: Play as we want you to play

Solution: Let us have fun

Problem: Tree has few viable growth options

Solution: Quit forcing us to take nodes we don't want to take to get what we want, make a tree that makes sense. IE, if you want CI set stat req to 300 to take keystone.

Problem: End game content underwhelming bore

Solution: FUN

Problem: Crafting fun/essential items takes forever

Solution: Speed it up, I want to double corrupt/vaal everything

Problem: Mastery's are acquired and not Earned

Solution: Give us the mastery's, we already don't get to experience much of the tree. Let us have FUN

Problem: NO FUN is allowed

Solution: Let us have FUN
"
Xernobog wrote:
Problem: Play as we want you to play

Solution: Let us have fun

Problem: Tree has few viable growth options

Solution: Quit forcing us to take nodes we don't want to take to get what we want, make a tree that makes sense. IE, if you want CI set stat req to 300 to take keystone.

Problem: End game content underwhelming bore

Solution: FUN

Problem: Crafting fun/essential items takes forever

Solution: Speed it up, I want to double corrupt/vaal everything

Problem: Mastery's are acquired and not Earned

Solution: Give us the mastery's, we already don't get to experience much of the tree. Let us have FUN

Problem: NO FUN is allowed

Solution: Let us have FUN

Hehe this ^
let me add 1 more

Problem: Game is bloated mess and we don't know how to fix

Solution: Have an army of defenders that will praise the game and defend us no matter what we do.
Last edited by IHellBoundI on Jan 26, 2022, 2:30:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info