[3.24] fezz's Toxic Rain Champion - Step-by-Step PoE Build Guide for Beginners & Casuals

"
fezz8386 wrote:
As you've guessed correctly, this is a remnant of the past. 'Corruption' has been nerfed in 3.21 and now only gives +7.9% Full DPS. Therefore, Potency of Will (+10.8% Full DPS) or Atrophy (+9.1% Full DPS) are actually better options. I will update the guide accordingly next league. Many thanks for the hint!

One nuance to note here is that Corruption still gives the biggest "damage per instance" of TR, and the DPS advantage of the other 2 notables are due to their Increased Skill Duration effect. However, it's worth considering whether the target will stay in your TR pods for the whole duration, or even whether you'll have the freedom to be right-clicking for the full duration (in my case 2.7s). If not, then the DPS number is a bit of a lie and the "damage per instance" number becomes more important.
"
Yuntu wrote:
Hi,

I've got a question on the damage ceiling, I assume the ~3.5-4M DPS written isnt the cap this build can achieve and can probably go higher with further investment. Am I right in that assumption?

Done with current league (have to play other games or else my backlog will go out of hand ...), which was my first league, and eyeing this build for the next one (given no changes obv., though I dont see why GGG would mess with this one) because the playstyle suits me and the guide is really well written. But I am curious how much you can push this.

with close to optimal gear (as laid out in the guide), I have around 10M dps (assuming 5 pod overlap, 5 totems, 15 withered stacks).
"
lasagnaman wrote:

with close to optimal gear (as laid out in the guide), I have around 10M dps (assuming 5 pod overlap, 5 totems, 15 withered stacks).

Thank you! Yeah given no changes will go by this guide whenever next league comes around.
"
Yuntu wrote:
"
lasagnaman wrote:

Thank you! Yeah given no changes will go by this guide whenever next league comes around.

You never know ;)
"
fezz8386 wrote:

You never know ;)

I shall remain hopeful.
The gear section of the guide, noting what stats are important, as well as the snapshots of the ideal item is fantastic!

Has given me a lot of guidance when upgrading my gear.
Still got room for improvement with a few items/jewels but I've cracked the 10m dps mark which I'm stoaked with for my first league :-D

https://pobb.in/RBmHgk3dt3RW
"
Dazzaa88 wrote:
The gear section of the guide, noting what stats are important, as well as the snapshots of the ideal item is fantastic!

Has given me a lot of guidance when upgrading my gear.
Still got room for improvement with a few items/jewels but I've cracked the 10m dps mark which I'm stoaked with for my first league :-D

https://pobb.in/RBmHgk3dt3RW

Great to hear that ;)
First of all, thank you so much for this guide. As a new player starting this league, it was absolutely invaluable, I've seen no other guide as detailed and noob friendly as this one.

One thing I've struggled with was I wasn't doing enough damage for the recommended atlas tree. The essence monsters were wrecking me. But looking back, it was my fault for not constantly upgrading my gems and other stuff, I was trying to stubbornly slog through. In the end, I switched to expedition/harvest and later dropped harvest altogether, so I could farm currency and trade for better items, which worked out great. And to be fair, the guide does say it's not an atlas tree made for getting currency.

I still have to do Hidden and Feared and get the last two voidstones. I tried The Hidden scoured but they destroyed me lol. I'm thinking of getting better ammy/rings/quiver, like rings that also add to damage, but it's kind of a balancing act right now, it's hard to change one of them without losing resistances or attributes that I need.

So, here's my build https://pobb.in/u/sarpanur/4tLXJM1FFRAQ, any advice is welcome. And thank you again for the guide
Which is better to craft on the bow? Increased damage over time OR chaos damage over time multiplier? And why? I guess I don't get the mechanics enough to know.
Censored.
"
sarpanur wrote:
First of all, thank you so much for this guide. As a new player starting this league, it was absolutely invaluable, I've seen no other guide as detailed and noob friendly as this one.

One thing I've struggled with was I wasn't doing enough damage for the recommended atlas tree. The essence monsters were wrecking me. But looking back, it was my fault for not constantly upgrading my gems and other stuff, I was trying to stubbornly slog through. In the end, I switched to expedition/harvest and later dropped harvest altogether, so I could farm currency and trade for better items, which worked out great. And to be fair, the guide does say it's not an atlas tree made for getting currency.

I still have to do Hidden and Feared and get the last two voidstones. I tried The Hidden scoured but they destroyed me lol. I'm thinking of getting better ammy/rings/quiver, like rings that also add to damage, but it's kind of a balancing act right now, it's hard to change one of them without losing resistances or attributes that I need.

So, here's my build https://pobb.in/u/sarpanur/4tLXJM1FFRAQ, any advice is welcome. And thank you again for the guide

Hey, thank you, really appreciate the feedback.

In terms of upgrades: Your current build looks abolutely decent and there are not that much updates in terms of the default build.

Some small things I've noticed when flying over your PoB are:

- Both your helmet and gloves and one ring only have 5 modifiers (so you can slam an Exalted Orb on them)
- Your boots "only" have 25% movement speed (35% would be ideal)
- You have immunity to corrupted blood on your jewel, so you can get another mod on your life flask (you shouldn't die to bleeding, normally)

Other than that I would say you are "done" - although you can ultra minmax the build, of course, but I'd rather recommend trying out a new one.

Again: Happy to see you enjoyed the guide ;)

Last edited by fezz8386 on Jun 12, 2023, 8:33:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info