Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

"
popochka wrote:

When they made Uber Elder (and probably other bosses of this nature), they explicitly said that this encounter was meant for "elite players", and that "normal players" wouldn't ever see the color of it, let alone defeat it.

It's an elitist game.
I myself am quite a noob as I never even defeated shaper, even though I have 2k hours in this game.

But I love the idea that I have more challenges to overcome, and I'm comfortable with the fact that I may never beat all the endgame bosses.

That's fine, I'm not an "elite" player.

Maybe those of you who are not capable of finishing the game other than exploiting certain game mechanics should too lower expectations regarding beating the content.

I like the idea of there being things to aspire to as well, but every league you have to adjust to all the changes and to me the pinnacle content feels further and further away. Surely making top end content harder through optional atlas passives (or something like that) for the small percentage of players who actually get there is easier and less impactful on everyone else?

Also, I wouldn't say using things like grace/determination/mana reservation etc is 'exploiting mechanics' - the majority of players just use them because they are there or feel like they have to because they aren't terrible and they don't want to die. Make more things viable and watch the diversity increase, just do it by making other things worth using.
"
popochka wrote:

If I ask GGG to buff things so I could beat the game, then my "victory" would be meaningless.

If there are thousand of players who beat the game in SSF and SSFHC using a variety of builds, the game is fine.

I like having this sense of challenge to overcome, and I like admiring players who overcome these challenges in such difficult settings.

If they'd make the game easier, all of that would be gone.

EDIT: I know the game since the end of beta I think so 2k hours (with a good few hundreds afk) doesn't mean that much, but it's still a bit.

I just dont understand - what victory are you talking about? Victory of completing acts every 3 months?

Thousands of players in HC ssf using variety of builds? Yeapp, something like all 4 or 5 of them, time machine don't lie XDD

Admiring .. what? Mb try to play the game by yourself instead? You really want to be locked in white tier maps and admire someone who spent few houndred hours farming them, rolling them with alterations and smashing log out macro 24/7 even in softcore?

Endgame - this is there PoE actually starts, garbage acts =/= poe. Nerfing character power to the levels, there it will take houndreds of hours to reach endgame just gonna make thousands of players just quit the game.

Every league start - is X hours of pain and torture, until you farm decent gear and build starts to feel good. And these X hours are getting longer and longer each league nowadays...
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
Last edited by Anngrat on Aug 6, 2022, 8:28:20 AM
I will agree with you on the HC league players that play just until one point and are limited to yellow maps, maybe.
But, the acts, I quite enjoy them every 3 months. It takes you 8 hours on average to do, and you get back the feel of the game. For most people it is a 2 month commitment and there is a 1 month pause. The acts is like a re-entering the loop. Also, you are thinking from the point of view of an experienced player. Now try to think from a beginner - casual player. Would you think the same about acts?

I have met people on chat that were saying that they do not do the ascendency because they consider them too hard. And not one individual, several. And they were lvl 97
Last edited by askpoe on Aug 6, 2022, 8:35:55 AM
"
Now try to think from a beginner - casual player. Would you think the same about acts?

Then I first tried acts my thoughts were - oh, they are so long, bad and boring. Actually i quit poe for months after first attempt in act 2 or 3. Then they buffed act 1 - I was like* oh, this garbage is longer now*.

Actually, I failed to find even a single act enjoyer in my friend list. No matter how long it takes for them to beat it ( under 4-5 hours or over 8 hours), no matter how experienced they are or how many exalts they farm during league. Everybody from my friend list just HATES acts.

Tbh, I would be happy if they add something like paid act skip to a battlepass or whatever, for example, for 20 usd your character gets frozen for 4-8 hours, and after it unfrozes at level 60 with basic gear, would be really amazing
Last edited by Anngrat on Aug 6, 2022, 8:56:22 AM
so now that the thread went down, the operation throw it under the rug begins.. people will forget and the trailer/stream will drop soon.. until the league launch cycle begins...
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
"
Anngrat wrote:
"
Now try to think from a beginner - casual player. Would you think the same about acts?

Then I first tried acts my thoughts were - oh, they are so long and boring. Actually i quit poe for months after first attempt in act 2 or 3. Then they buffed act 1 - I was like* oh, this garbage is longer now*.

Actually, I failed to find even a single act enjoyer in my friend list. No matter how long it takes for them to beat it ( under 4-5 hours or over 8 hours), no matter how experienced they are or how many exalts they farm during league. Everybody from my friend list just HATES acts.

Tbh, I would be happy if they add something like paid act skip to a battlepass or whatever, for example, for 20 usd your character gets frozen for 4-8 hours, and after it unfrozes at level 60 with basic gear, would be really amazing

On some part I agree, but I do not think they want to get out money from players like that. The game is good, and they want you, as a player to support the game if it is good. I don't think, I would enjoy a pay to win game - this is what your suggestion would lead at.
"
I don't think, I would enjoy a pay to win game - this is what your suggestion would lead at.

I dont like pay to win games either - for example, I didnt play diablo immortal.

BUT

I
HATE
ACTS

I really hate them so much, that I'd prefer P2W elements come to PoE if it frees my from acts.I Practiced them , for example, it took me something like a bit over for 4 hours for my absolution run this league. But that were my worst 4 hours in entire league, even 15000 empty astragali or minus 350 exa from watcher's eyes wasnt that bad as those 4 hours for me...
Up Frost Blades, please!
Last edited by dlmt on Aug 6, 2022, 9:04:36 AM
"
Anngrat wrote:
"
I don't think, I would enjoy a pay to win game - this is what your suggestion would lead at.

I dont like pay to win games either - for example, I didnt play diablo immortal.

BUT

I
HATE
ACTS

I really hate them so much, that I'd prefer P2W elements come to PoE if it frees my from acts.I Practiced them , for example, it took me something like a bit over for 4 hours for my absolution run this league. But that were my worst 4 hours in entire league, even 15000 empty astragali or minus 350 exa from watcher's eyes wasnt that bad as those 4 hours for me...

But seriously, what is the problem with the acts? Why you hate them? They are more variate than running maps 24/7. I mean, 5 leagues ago, when everyone was running Burial Chambers non-stop to get doctors, I mean, after 3 hours, I wanted to jump off a window.

The acts, for me, I always take it as a challenge, to get faster. I mean, I compare my time with the racers and try to improve. The record for Kitava in act 5 was 1 hour and 2 min or something like that. That being said, I compare my time at the end. It is not even close, but still. It is about getting better at the game.
Last edited by askpoe on Aug 6, 2022, 9:17:30 AM
"

But seriously, what is the problem with the acts?

Because the are useless garbage? In most cases you end up acts with something like few chaos and fusings? Acts are few hours, there the odds of getting lucky drop is something like 0.00001%? That's my problem, acts are just a total waste of time, nothing else. And a boring and painful one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info