We now host the Community Wiki! What does that mean?

I don't know why ppl are praising GGG for this, its an embarrassment that this has taken them this long to do anything at all. The praise should be for the fans developing the wiki as they are the ones that have put all the time and money into the wiki to help the players understand all the mess, which in this complex game should be standard

they also have the audacity to say "At the moment, the old wiki ranks higher in google's search results. It's a concern because the old wiki has out-of-date information and some players may navigate to it not knowing that there is a more up-to-date wiki out there" and complain about it! well some old information is better than no info which is what GGG has done over all these years, it took fans time and money to force GGG into implementing this small change and they are being praised for it lol
kind of a problem the other one says it's the "Official" wiki
The "offical wiki" is now the correct one! I have to say I'm glad you are now hosting it, and it is well worth the hassle of likely being down when PoE servers are down.
The new wiki uses the toxic term Softcore in almost every page describing Standard, its pretty offensive as anyone who's played PoE and been called a SC (insert your preferred insults here) not really something i want to read on the wiki all the time.

your old wiki had accurate information and did not use this toxic term.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 11, 2022, 2:54:13 AM
you have my praise...
Why not pay for it and hire them?
"
The new wiki uses the toxic term Softcore in almost every page describing Standard, its pretty offensive as anyone who's played PoE and been called a SC (insert your preferred insults here) not really something i want to read on the wiki all the time.

your old wiki had accurate information and did not use this toxic term.

I think this might be a you problem more than a wiki problem, lol.

Kudos to all the good people supporting and updating the wiki, shame on GGG for taking so long to address this but later is better than never. Excelsior!
Man. First page of a news post is news and people offering brief words of praise. Last page of a news post is people posting long-winded diatribes on why GGG is just literally the worst.

Ahhh, toxic nasty PoE forum community. Y'all never change.

Thanks, Grinding Gear, for aiding with community tools. Every positive step helps, and taking the hosting costs off the players is a perfect first step. I found the new wiki myself on accident a couple of leagues ago and have had it bookmarked since. I'll let anyone else who plays the game and speaks to me know the new site. Good luck, and hopefully things can continue improving from here.
I love this community! Awesome ;)
Top notch GGG and a big thank you to all the passionate souls keeping the wiki running before this and after! =)

Sippe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info