[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
HanibAAAl wrote:
Is there a trick to balance out the resists for Wise Oak without resorting to divine orbs?

Honestly, I don't think it's not worth the hassle of having three exactly identical resists.

However, if you do go for it, I'd suggest using the benchcrafts. Since there's a range (16-20%, 21-28% or 29-35%), you can choose your range, then spam the craft until you get the right number.
Hi guys,

Trying icestorm this league and i'm really enjoying it so far, thanks Kelvynn !

Actually i'm at low level yellow maps, survivability is really good but i'm struggling a bit with rares with high life pool or cold resistant monsters...

Seems like i'm lacking damage but i don't know what upgrade should be the priority .

Should i get the 6 socket staff ? Or another 5 link with boss setup ?

Astramentis is my next upgrade on the list, is it a huge dps improvement ?

(Character name is CrucibleWice)

Thansk for the advices icestorm enjoyers :)
Getting a second staff gives you +2 support gems (since you don't run Cyclone and CwC). It's a huge damage boost.

Astramentis is also one of the first upgrades. It's not too costly and you get a truckload of offense and defense.

I would say you've identified two great objectives.
"
Yulrich wrote:
Hi guys,

Trying icestorm this league and i'm really enjoying it so far, thanks Kelvynn !

Actually i'm at low level yellow maps, survivability is really good but i'm struggling a bit with rares with high life pool or cold resistant monsters...

Seems like i'm lacking damage but i don't know what upgrade should be the priority .

Should i get the 6 socket staff ? Or another 5 link with boss setup ?

Astramentis is my next upgrade on the list, is it a huge dps improvement ?

(Character name is CrucibleWice)

Thansk for the advices icestorm enjoyers :)

the main source of damage in this build is intelligence, this is your highest priority
- you have helmet body armour belt and one ring which dont have int, this will be your biggest upgrade
- maybe you can drop snowforged in your skilltree, you'll have 5 points to allocate in better nodes
Thanks for the advices !

Need to get my hand of the last astramentis card and get that 5l staff but the price exploded.

Dealing with no more than 20c for now so the int on other items might weight aas they are 10c each...

Which nodes could be better than snow forged for now ?

"
Yulrich wrote:
Thanks for the advices !

Need to get my hand of the last astramentis card and get that 5l staff but the price exploded.

Dealing with no more than 20c for now so the int on other items might weight aas they are 10c each...

i'd say glacial cage

but my strongest advice would be to listen winterhiko rather than me xD
"
pat_hibulaire wrote:
"
Yulrich wrote:
Thanks for the advices !

i'd say glacial cage

but my strongest advice would be to listen winterhiko rather than me xD

Now I just have to take a look at his tree :P

Yulrich : Your profile says 2 ascendancy points not spent. Not sure if I looked at it at the wrong time. Polymath is a whole bunch of damage.

The reduced 60% reflect elemental mastery can be changed to 18% minimum shred with exposure.

The four points in Snow Forged give 49% increased damage. You'd get 72% increased with Divine Judgement on the far left.

Unallocating Snow Forged lets you remove the travel nodes on the left, which you can allocate on the bottom right to prepare for future Split Personnalities (the path is longer that way).

If you get the mana reservation wheel on the left, you can fit in Herald of Ice, then Hatred when you get Charisma annoint. That's a bunch of extra damage.

A simple annoint like +30int is dirt cheap (literally less than a Chaos) and will give you free stats.

If you can get a five-link on your chest, you can slot in a second curse with a couple of points to Whisper of Doom for a nice damage boost too. No need to a six-link, even.

More generally, you want more intelligence. You can probably find a nice Hubris helmet with +int and 150+ ES on trade for a few chaos. Astramentis would give you a sizeable boost too and it will last you for a long time.

BTW, your onslaught flask does little to nothing for you. Try getting an Atziri flask and a Wise Oak, they're a couple of chaos and give a good damage increase.

Hope that helps!
Last edited by WinterHiko on Apr 15, 2023, 3:58:57 PM
Just in case someone else if farming The Incantation cards for one reason or another... Filterblade's default filters will filter them out. Ask me how many maps I've done before I realized that...
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Just in case someone else if farming The Incantation cards for one reason or another... Filterblade's default filters will filter them out. Ask me how many maps I've done before I realized that...

God damn it.
Thanks for the detailed answer WinterHiko !

"
Your profile says 2 ascendancy points not spent. Not sure if I looked at it at the wrong time. Polymath is a whole bunch of damage.

Yes I haven't done the uber lab yet, i still need to find all the trials.
But it look likes polymath is they biggest boost to get !

"
The reduced 60% reflect elemental mastery can be changed to 18% minimum shred with exposure.

I used that to fight against an anoying rere and forgot to put it back... but i will pout my point somewhere else so it does not matter

"
The four points in Snow Forged give 49% increased damage. You'd get 72% increased with Divine Judgement on the far left.

If you get the mana reservation wheel on the left, you can fit in Herald of Ice, then Hatred when you get Charisma annoint. That's a bunch of extra damage.

I followed kelvynn leveling trees and it is not in there but definitely look like some nice upgrades to get !

"
Unallocating Snow Forged lets you remove the travel nodes on the left, which you can allocate on the bottom right to prepare for future Split Personnalities (the path is longer that way).

Yes and maybe filling the few jewel slots with fertile mind on the way.

"
A simple annoint like +30int is dirt cheap (literally less than a Chaos) and will give you free stats.

Yes, but with my low damage (and poor skills) i haven't manged to finish blight encounters yet

"
If you can get a five-link on your chest, you can slot in a second curse with a couple of points to Whisper of Doom for a nice damage boost too. No need to a six-link, even.
More generally, you want more intelligence. You can probably find a nice Hubris helmet with +int and 150+ ES on trade for a few chaos. Astramentis would give you a sizeable boost too and it will last you for a long time.

I have an eye on those but they're a bit expensive for now :/

"
BTW, your onslaught flask does little to nothing for you. Try getting an Atziri flask and a Wise Oak, they're a couple of chaos and give a good damage increase.

Forgot about the flasks, Atziri is cheap so i'll grab one right now !

I'll keep you updated but thanks again for this little community to guide the newbies :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info