[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
WinterHiko wrote:

Can't look at PoB right now (not at home), but i took a look at the pobb.in.

You forgot to allocate the +1 power charges on the top and right of the tree. This is a good boost in damage.

You're using only one curse. Adding Whispers of Doom and Punishment is going to make a huge difference in damage.

I shows you have no Enlighten, but are running Clarity + Discipline + PoE + Hatred + Determination, which is not possible. Cut determination and you'll need Enlighten to run Hatred, which is a good boost in damage. It might only show because of the random level 22 Determition in your amulet, which you might not activate, in which case you can disregard that part.

Don't forget to quality everything, including belt, jewellery and flasks.

Your rings are not synth rings, which would help. You also don't have a second Cluster with CttC and Blanketed Snow.

You don't have a prefix on your Diamond flask. That would cut into your uptime and would mean more time without the crit chance boost. I would reroll both affixes on your Jade Flask.

Hope that helps!
Nature's Patience is very good in this build. You'll get a jewel slot for it if you get your second cluster.

TY for taking a look! I will follow your tips and see how it goes.
When I looked at poe.ninja, some Ice Storm builds use Zealotry.

It provides a little higher DPS than Hatred.
Does the guide prefer Hatred because of the mods on Watcher's Eyes?

I have the following Watcher's Eyes which can benefit from Zealotry:

BTW, those builds seem to have both Hatred and Zealtory in their sockets. That likely requires the corresponding helmet enchantment which I don't have.

Do you think it is worth to switch to Zealotry?
Hatred provides 3% more damage, but Zealotry provides more crit chance. It's a fair trade-off. If you already have this Watcher's eye, it might be more interesting to use Zealotry.

The builds running both might be trading Purity of Elements for Zealotry. This means you need a lot more res on gear in a build where suffixes are under a lot of pressure already and you lose ailment immunity. You'd get more damage though.
Hello just made some changes and boosted things a ton, how would I know when I can do uber things like elder? I have just under 7k ES and just under 2k int, where would more big es boosts come from? I'm about to encxhant the inc attributes on my chest.

I don't make alot of currency. Thanks!
"
WinterHiko wrote:
The builds running both might be trading Purity of Elements for Zealotry. This means you need a lot more res on gear in a build where suffixes are under a lot of pressure already and you lose ailment immunity. You'd get more damage though.

In fact, i'm running Hatred + Zealotry + Purity of Elements + Clarity and depends on the situation, 4L Herald of ice or skitter bots.

Its possible to fit all auras if you really want, and are not that expensive at all!.
"
whiterockxx wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:

In fact, i'm running Hatred + Zealotry + Purity of Elements + Clarity and depends on the situation, 4L Herald of ice or skitter bots.

Its possible to fit all auras if you really want, and are not that expensive at all!.

You've cut Discipline. That's a lot of ES and ES regen you've removed in favor of damage and doesn't qualify as running "all auras".
I took a closer look at their tree.

10% ~ 15% unreserved mana (before clarity) is needed for clarity.

The high end build POB:

135% * 0.88 (Enlighten 4) / 1.4 (increased mana reservation efficiency on the tree) = 84.9%

Those builds use Zealotry (which replaces Discipline and Discipline gives me about 2K ES):

100% / 1.64 + 50% / 1.94 = 86.7%

It doesn't require Enlighten. It instead uses helmet enchantment and takes Charisma (which requires 4 skill points for the second curse or Anathema unique ring) and one extra 8% increased mana reservation efficiency node (2 skill points).

If don't take Charisma, then Englighten + helmet enchantment + one extra 8% increased mana reservation efficiency node is needed.

100% * 0.88 / 1.48 + 50% * 0.88 / 1.78 = 84.2%
Not sure six skill points and 2k ES is worth it for Zealotry though. There's plenty of 3-4% per point investments on tree and six points is already 24-27% more damage.

The third option, which requires giving up Discipline + 2 skill points + the flex gem socket, can be an option if you want to trade a lot of tankiness for damage.
Those builds often use Anathema (and to my surprise, 25% of Ice Storm builds on poe.ninja use the ring), so they don't need the extra 4 skill points.

The builds which use Anathema also use Arcanist Brand to trigger the curses. Is that to allow 5 instead of 3 curses to be automatically applied to the boss?

I also just got one dropped in SSF recently. Maybe time to try that setup.

Decided to try my luck on a second amulet, hoping to get +intelligence or +all attributes.

Given the current state of the amulet, how should I proceed? Is the ideal way to block an unwanted craft w/ craft bench, then slam exalts and pray?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info