[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I will be playing the occultist variant of this build, but I just wanted to say: The teaser-picture is so funny, I couldn´t stop laughing :D
hm gona start witch version, but later gona try shadow, it seems like very hard to be killed )
Kelvynn, do note in the PoB you have 3 curses activated in the CWDT setup but we only have 2 curses if we go Trickster.
Think I'll give this a try. I found the Scion version a bit squishy a few leagues back but Trickster seems to have some pretty nice defensive buffs that might help with that.

For Ascendency, I assume Polymath is mostly for the 3% more damage per mastery? Could it be switched with One Step Ahead or Spellbreaker for more survivability?
"
LiNGeN wrote:
Oh my. This is interesting! I will try to follow your progress.

Some thoughts:
- Should definitely pick up Ghost Dance with all the evasion available for even more survivability. It's right there on the usual path, right?

Even if the evasion will be higher than max ES, I don't see it being that much higher. Every 2 sec you may recover 3% of evasion as ES. How much is that? With a decent chest I see us getting 10-12k each. Let's say 12k. So then every 2 sec you recover 360 ES when hit. I don't really see that being worth a skill point. Do you?

"
- One Step Ahead vs. Heartstopper. In my opinion the action speed keystone is slightly better, freeze immunity along with a permanent mini-tempchains & haste aura. I also wonder if this negates the movement speed loss of Cyclone? If so, you can finally drop those awful boots of yours for a pair of REAL Sorcerer boots! >;-)

You are already immune to freeze. This would give you immunity to the other slowing effects such as the Elder's. But they aren't very common. Sacrificing a 40% damage reduction for that would be crazy, especially for Uber Elder.

I don't know exactly how the action speed limit will interact with movement speed debuffs. But even if it does work, The Stampede is anointable, and Steelwood Stance is too awesome to lose.

"
- Wicked Ward + Spellbreaker might be an interesting alternative variation. Granted you can realistically get more spell suppression now as a Shadow. Getting the recharge when hit seems like another way to sustain ES indefinitely and with WW it will have you recharging most of the time if you're taking any hits from spell damage. I don't even think you need to cap spell suppression because the benefits of this interaction will probably kick in often enough without it. Requires dropping Ghost Reaver and one of the Trickster Keystones. I played a Hybrid Recharge/Leech version in Archnem for a short while that worked fine in T16 maps with gear from 1-2 days of playtime in Badger's Private League.

I looked into that but it didn't seem worthy. To activate the recharge you'd need to get hit with spells often. Most things don't use a lot of spells. Bosses do but they don't spam them. But in a boss fight the double leech from Ghost Reaver is far better than a constant but slow (Wicked Ward -40%) recharge. You can't out-recharge bosses, at least with this build. Losing half of the leech would suck.

As for spell suppression, investing into that would lose way too much damage. I don't think this build really needs it. Block is way better than suppression.

"
- No, he's actually right. Given equal mods a Sadist Garb actually tops the Vaal Regalia. See here, I took the liberty to use your chest from Sentinel league:

Oh, I was looking at wrong mods. My bad. High rolled Int/Dex chests are actually better than pure Int. Thanks for checking! I'll adjust the PoB with a decently rolled Sadist Garb. It will bring evasion to about 12k and ES to about 13k.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 19, 2022, 11:37:01 AM
"
Vennto wrote:
I will be playing the occultist variant of this build, but I just wanted to say: The teaser-picture is so funny, I couldn´t stop laughing :D

I had a dilemma: the build is named "Ice Dancing Queen" but the Shadow character is male... Well... I'm glad somebody got the joke :)
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
Kelvynn, do note in the PoB you have 3 curses activated in the CWDT setup but we only have 2 curses if we go Trickster.

Where? There is no Enfeeble in the Trickster PoB. The chest link only has Frostbite and EW.
"
King_Haart wrote:
Think I'll give this a try. I found the Scion version a bit squishy a few leagues back but Trickster seems to have some pretty nice defensive buffs that might help with that.

For Ascendency, I assume Polymath is mostly for the 3% more damage per mastery? Could it be switched with One Step Ahead or Spellbreaker for more survivability?

This build uses 6 masteries while leveling and 8 at the top end. I wouldn't trade 24% MORE damage for anything.
Following for Kalandra... got my ice skates ready.
How do you level this if you cant find the staff during league start?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info