[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Hi
as harvest craft are gone any idea how i can proceed with this chest ?

Thanks for ideas

or should i scour and start again
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Sep 23, 2022, 4:46:16 PM
"

Have you tried to buy some. I wsp over 200 guys and got 2 !! essence

Try this: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Kalandra/3zPgjq9S5. Generally speaking, people with large stacks of spite will sell out quickly, though I did get a stack of 36 yesterday for 4c each.

I get a response using that search about 1/4 of the time, which I think is very good. For some reason, the bulk sales don't update quickly, so most you are asking don't have the spites any more I suspect.
Last edited by Graiaule on Sep 23, 2022, 6:32:37 PM
"
Hi

Thanks for ideas

Scour, use perfect fossils to hit 29%-30% quality, and try dense/fundamental fossil crafting hoping to hit a decent int roll and 1 or 2 free suffixes. If 1, burn an annulment trying to get the 2.

One of the other posters on this forum told me she went through 6 chests trying to get the % int, so that's 6 chests removed from the available pool! Yeah, there's only one up on trade (offline) so you just have to wait for them to log in.
Can someone clarify, how is Phantasmal Wave of Conviction an upgrade to Frost Bomb? As far as I can tell, it's less consistent, particularly when Lightning / Fire happen to outdamage cold, and Frost Bomb has the heal reduction too.
"
Subdue121 wrote:
Can someone clarify, how is Phantasmal Wave of Conviction an upgrade to Frost Bomb? As far as I can tell, it's less consistent, particularly when Lightning / Fire happen to outdamage cold, and Frost Bomb has the heal reduction too.

Don't forget cluster jewel gives you a lot of cold damage, :D (also don't forget we using Frostbite)
I agree with you, about cold exposure, Frost Bomb is good too, Kelvynn also said it's "optional"

Personally, I use Phantasmal WoC just because my Watcher's Eye has "Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit" mod
Last edited by HoloSemmy on Sep 23, 2022, 11:33:30 PM
This is my POB right now: https://pastebin.com/EQJpeEQ0

My budget is pretty limited, around 20div right now. I'm struggling with trying to figure out where my next investment should be. Any tips?
"
Subdue121 wrote:

My budget is pretty limited, around 20div right now. I'm struggling with trying to figure out where my next investment should be. Any tips?

Your dps is 30% of mine per PoB, so if dps matters to you more than item rarity does, you can just look at my character for upgrade ideas.

Your rings and amulet can be improved fairly cheaply -- basically look for ~140+ int rings with 90+ resists in a single element, so that you only need to get another 90% resist in one element on your helm/glove/belt (easy to do.)

Look for 200+ int amulets whose downsides you can survive.

The forbidden jewels (opportunity) are an actual godsend in practice and well worth the cost.

You'll need stun resist on your brute force/fertile mind. I just purchased a bunch of 23+ int ones and vaal'd them until I hit it. Or you could look in trade. I find 50% stun immunity and Awakened CwC level 4 good enough for all purposes.

Awakened Elemental Focus is another upgrade. Buy a level 4; they're only 1 div more expensive.

If you're going to use skill gems that are not recommended (item rarity, vitality, defiance banner), well you're on your own.

If I recall correctly, I paid 15 div for my two forbidden jewels (6 and 9.) LOL, just priced these -- now it's 9 div for the two of them. Enjoy.

Last edited by Graiaule on Sep 24, 2022, 1:38:51 AM
"
Subdue121 wrote:

If your goal is to be able to do anything, I can give you an ordered list from cheap to expensive, note this is a personal opinion.
1. Replace the two jewels located in the middle of your tree with Fertile Mind (may encounter dex problems and need to be solved separately)
2. Replace the two jewels in the top right cluster jewel with 24+int rare gems until you get Forbidden Fire & Flesh (yes, your megalomaniac is not worth using. I'll give some below that I think are good passive points)
3. Upgrade your two rings (130+int)
4. Upgrade your amulet (200+ int)
5. Your Watcher's Eye is not worth using, replace it.
6. Upgrade your body armor

After doing the above upgrades, I think you're good enough for everything. As Kelvynn answered me, when you have 180k+ single hits, you can easily do all the uber bosses. I think this should be your first goal.

And I think your gems have some pretty inefficient configuration, I suggest you just follow the guide or see how others are doing it.

---------

About megalomaniacs:
Honestly, I don't recommend anything other than Cold to the Core + Blanketed Snow or Cold to the Core + Genius, (by the way, I hardly ever buy anything over 20d, It's unnecessary)
My English is not good, if you are wondering why, I will try to explain it separately.

Here are some good passive points that can give you something like that, check them in pob and choose what you need
- Divine Light (requires 2 passives)
- Sanctuary (elemental resistance, if using Divine Light)
- Retribution (if more str is needed)
- Tricks (if more dex is needed)
- Grim calculation (good damage, check the pob in the guide)
- Curse Mastery (3% more damage for trickster)
-Caster Mastery: +1 Max Intensity (lots of damage, requires 4 passives, check pob in guide)
Last edited by HoloSemmy on Sep 24, 2022, 3:43:07 AM
@Subdue121

I would like to explain what I think about megalomaniacs
Take my own current character as an example, currently lv99, let's assume lv100 :D
When I was lv100, without any upgrades, the tree should look like this:

https://pastebin.com/EwraQ9Qx

Note my single hit damage is about 211k and es is 15.6k

If using BIS megalomaniac (CC&BS), Cold to the Core gives me about 8% damage, Blanketed Snow gives me about 6%
But at the same time I will lose: 1 jewel Socket, 3 passive points,
if a jewel Socket counts as 1.5~ passive points, each passive gives me about 3.1% more damage

https://pastebin.com/PkrTwXAT

My final single hit damage was around 219k and es was 15.1k
Looks good, but I don't think I'll pay too much for this

And if I use other megalomaniacs like Cold to the Core+Master of Fear(MoF gives me about 4% more damage)
then i will end up with damage and es similar to my current
So why should I pay extra?
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Hi

Thanks for ideas

Scour, use perfect fossils to hit 29%-30% quality, and try dense/fundamental fossil crafting hoping to hit a decent int roll and 1 or 2 free suffixes. If 1, burn an annulment trying to get the 2.

One of the other posters on this forum told me she went through 6 chests trying to get the % int, so that's 6 chests removed from the available pool! Yeah, there's only one up on trade (offline) so you just have to wait for them to log in.

It's already Influenced so don't do that, you will by very unlikely to be able to get the % Int plus other mods through a random roll. Once it's Influenced that's as good as you get without starting again with Alt spam.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info