[3.24] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I understand that the increased int mod on the staff is utmost important but what about the increased cast speed? Does it affect anything in mapping and bossing setup? With divines being the new ex, i dont want to spend too much on a perfect staff if it barely matters.
je test determnation de Kiara, flacon d argent pour ne pas subir l etourdissement... cela semble bien fonctionnement jusqu a present

I test Kiara's determination, silver bottle so as not to be dizzy... it seems to be working well so far

google tradoction
No matter how many times or how many classes you try, this build is still bad.
"
ZenJelly wrote:

This is such a clueless statement, I killed all bosses on day 3, the build is insane for the amount you put into it.

Pretty sure all my gear is max 4-5 div.
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
I just did and its not fun, you can go to the PoB right now and untick the forbidden jewels as well as the amulet.

Amulet no way anyone will craft this league.
Forbidden jewels are impossible unless u wanna get stunned every 2 seconds,
The only alternative I see is to give up the discipline reservation node for stun based on 50% of ES and then use Enlighten to make up for that, but you will still get stunned, especially in packs.

So are you just living with the stuns or using Tolerance or Brine King?

Is there some way we can get Unwavering Stance e.g. with Skin of Lords?
Last edited by King_Haart on Aug 23, 2022, 2:08:08 PM
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
"
ZenJelly wrote:

This is such a clueless statement, I killed all bosses on day 3, the build is insane for the amount you put into it.

Yea fk off with that, your cluster alone is worth more than that
"
Larloch1821 wrote:

Since that's the only build they've been playing, and we're only 4 days into the league, that makes me think this is a pretty GREAT build if it can get so much currency worth of gear so quickly. ;)

Personally I've found this build a little rippy but I'm coming off of the Pohx RF which trivialized the game. I haven't seen any other CI Trickster builds (I tend to like CI for some reason) in any case and I like the new ascendency tree so that's what I'm trying.
"
King_Haart wrote:
"
Larloch1821 wrote:

Since that's the only build they've been playing, and we're only 4 days into the league, that makes me think this is a pretty GREAT build if it can get so much currency worth of gear so quickly. ;)

Personally I've found this build a little rippy but I'm coming off of the Pohx RF which trivialized the game. I haven't seen any other CI Trickster builds (I tend to like CI for some reason) in any case and I like the new ascendency tree so that's what I'm trying.

Getting currency isnt about build strength, its about knowing how to abuse the market
"
Larloch1821 wrote:
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
"
ZenJelly wrote:

I bought my cluster for 1.5 divine, 2 split personalities for 30c each, megalomanic for 30c, my belt base costs 25c and I used an essence on it.

Ring cost me 20c helm 15c, boots 40c, brute force/fertile minds I bought for 1-10c, the corrupted blood I corrupted myself because fuck paying 1 divine for that.

My chest? bought for 35c , 5 minutes ago.

I suggest you get a clue before crying, if the build feels weak to you then sorry man, its a you problem.

EDIT: after looking at your tree alone, I can now 100% tell you have no idea what you're doing, don't blame the build.

"
King_Haart wrote:
"
Larloch1821 wrote:

The build isn't tanky in the way that it can stand still and take damage, you need to keep storms up so you insta leech even when moving, you should never take 2-3 hits without being full ES.
We have Massive overleech, we have 8% ES on kill, we have 40-50% evade chance, we have 45-55 spell and attack block, it doesn't get better than that.

As for stun avoidance, Brine King for now + whatever stun avoidance I can get on jewels.
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Aug 23, 2022, 5:32:44 PM
Hello!

It has been a while since I have played Path of Exile. Last time was at the beginning of Scourge and did not last long, because I went into labor early and gave birth to my third child.

Hubby and I were planning on coming back for 3.17 but I ended up getting pregnant again and our fourth (and hopefully final) child was born at the end of 3.17, beginning of 3.18 so we never got to experience that.

It's been a while, let's just say and much has changed. (Too much this league from what I can read on the forums alone, hear in videos and whatnot. I am mad at some of the extreme changes).

I decided to give Whispering Ice another go because I've always liked the build, although my last time doing so was as Scion in Ultimatum I think, or Ritual. Can't remember which. After Harvest for sure because I played Carrion Golemancer then.

As such, I am wondering how to farm the cards for the staff? From the poewiki, it says the cards can only drop in 2 maps so I am a bit confused. I used to see drops of it in the Forest in Act 2. Has that changed? Same thing for The Polymath. I used to be able to get 1-2 drops from the Library but it the wiki only points to maps again. That will make my league start awful.

The staff is not too expensive at 2c but I have seen 1 alch so far and I just completed Dominus... The drop rate of anything save white bases (that you can't even craft at this point due to lack of currency) is really screwed.

I am concerned as to how to farm the stepping stones uniques. I can always try to level a caustic/scourge arrow 'farmer' for campaign areas to help with the currency but it's still going to take forever.

Any tip? I really want to do this build, and while I've been with icicle mines so far, mines have never been my favorite thing to play with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info