Gman's 3.21 Chieftain Strength Stacker Consec Path / Volcanic Fissure Totems [80 Mil+ Pinnacle DPS]

"
I have now added an indepth levelling guide and PoB to the build guide!
Please refer to that for some levelling tips, hope this helps :)

Thank you! Yesterday I already started pumping, I bought all the legendary things, until lvl 16, it goes very easily, it's a real buzz)
If there are questions, I will ask)
"
666FalleN999 wrote:
P.S. Also, Can you describe a short priority of what to improve first according to your personal feelings?

I only just saw this part of the message now so here's my thoughts on gearing priorities:

On all items: Strength, resistances, life
with strength as the most important of these.

On jewels: atkspeed, life, crit multi

On jewellery (rings amulet belt): elemental damage with attack skills, minus to mana cost of skills (from crafting bench on rings), intelligence/dexterity for attribute requirements

On shield you need +1 totem

On boots movement speed is nice, % strength from Hunter Influence is also very nice.

On gloves Essence of Insanity "16% more attack and cast speed for socketed gems" is nice, but not 100% necessary

This is just a generic overview, I will add more info on this to my guide soon, hope this helps.

EDIT: I have now added a section on this to the guide
egg
Last edited by gmandonnan on Sep 22, 2022, 10:00:10 AM
Changelog:

- Added gear stat priority section to guide
- Added levelling section to the guide accompanied by indepth PoB with notes
- Updated some additional options for the gems section
egg
Marauder vs Scion? Marauder got increased AP effect, but Scion can get +1 totems, as well as ton of strength compared to Marauder.
"
svarions23 wrote:
Marauder vs Scion? Marauder got increased AP effect, but Scion can get +1 totems, as well as ton of strength compared to Marauder.

I have thought scion could potentially be good for a long time but haven't had the opportunity to test it, off the top of my head here are the potential advantages and disadvantages for each:

Marauder (chieftain):
Good:
+ Increased ancestor totem buff effect (gives me 42 million dps)
+ Enemies near totems take more dmg and deal less (more dmg and mroe tankiness all in one)
+ You are a marauder so you can use the forbidden flesh/flame jewels which give Undeniable, this alone gives me 47 million DPS
+ Reflect immunity (your totems are immune to fire damage from chieftain ascendancy so reflect doesnt damage them)
Bad:
- No stun immunity

Scion:
Good:
+ One more totem, very nice for damage
+ More passives for use on the tree
+ More strength from ascendancy
+ Can use unnatural instinct to get access to a bunch of good nodes by start area
+ A little more life at endgame
+ Easier to get more resistances
Bad:
- No real good forbidden flesh/flame combos to use
- No reflect immunity
- Significantly lower damage (no totem buff effect, undeniable, etc. REALLY hurts us)
- The + totem node gives us a little bit of damage taken before life, this actually hurts us because it will end up with us being OOM more often since we have a small mana pool.

Ive made a tree with scion ascendancy, it is very similar to my marauder tree but maybe with more heavy changes it could be better.
PoB : https://pastebin.com/ZZPCkpe2

For now though I feel that Chieftain is SIGNIFICANTLY better
egg
Last edited by gmandonnan on Sep 22, 2022, 4:15:33 PM
Changelog:

- Added experimental Scion PoB (could be refined)
- Added a section on pros & cons of chieftain vs scion (chieftain wins out from what I have seen)
egg
Thank you for providing this guide! I was playing this kind of build couple of times, but your build has some changes and I wanted to try it out :) Overall, it feels good on lower budget, but i am struggling with invitation farming (i failed hardly on The Hidden). Can you please advise me what to upgrade next for around 5 - 10div to feel significant changes? I know that for around 50 - 70 div (changing forbidden jewels to Undeniable), synths belt and rings, maybe hunter boots and amulet i can get what i want, but those would have to be switched at same time to cover resistances. Any other ideas please?

https://pobb.in/vFI9UvJ5OGVV
"
Kociuk wrote:
Thank you for providing this guide! I was playing this kind of build couple of times, but your build has some changes and I wanted to try it out :) Overall, it feels good on lower budget, but i am struggling with invitation farming (i failed hardly on The Hidden). Can you please advise me what to upgrade next for around 5 - 10div to feel significant changes? I know that for around 50 - 70 div (changing forbidden jewels to Undeniable), synths belt and rings, maybe hunter boots and amulet i can get what i want, but those would have to be switched at same time to cover resistances. Any other ideas please?

https://pobb.in/vFI9UvJ5OGVV

Hi, glad you like the build so far!

taking a look at your gear it looks pretty good from my estimation but since you're looking for more DPS I can definitely recommend some upgrades!

One first thing I would definitely recommend that would up your DPS is a bottled faith, even a middle rolled one will give you around 1.5 million DPS over your current sulphur flask from my estimation.
Another small thing is to harvest enchant your iron fortress for + strength per quality (it's a small DPS increase, not necessary if you don't want to right now but it's nice to have)

One other really nice thing is a little bit of a secret that I use to get really nice double corrupted versions of The Magnate!
I buy studded belts with 2 good corrupted implicits for cheap then use tainted mythic orbs on them and it can only go to Magnate or Rhyslatha's coil, really reliable to get good ones in my experience. A good corrupted one (with %str, crit multi, crit chance, etc.) will get you a big DPS boost! (if you get one with dexterity/int on it it will be a lot easier to change out your amulet too!)

Additionally a lot of your gems lack quality as does your jewellery other than the amulet, that's always a nice improvement.

You have a really good Lethal Pride seed so that's good but im not so sure about the replica conqueror's efficiency since it only gives us one useful stat (lower mana cost) whereas other jewels with crit multi, life and atkspeed are just so much nicer for the build IMO.

Also since you take the node "Tasalio, Cleansing Water" I would recommend removing the "10% increased life, 10% reduced life recovery" mastery because this mastery goes directly against the purpose of tasalio. Unless you are constantly being oneshot that is.

Also the anomalous quality on Earthbreaker Support is ok, but lowers our DPS bc it only applies to the ancestor totem buff of the Consecrated path totem, which only gives AOE, the other totems (ancestral protector and vaal ancestral warchief) are really why we want buff effect, but this one will not apply to them.

Since you dont have the undeniable forbidden flesh/flames (which I dont blame you for, they are expensive) you are lacking on accuracy. So getting other gear with accuracy on it will always be a big DPS buff however you get it. (each level of the precision gem gives you 300k DPS or thereabouts)

I hope any of this has been helpful to you, if you have any more troubles please let me know. And if you want I can take a look at a video of a fight you are not successful in or something to help give pointers!

egg
Thank you a lot for pointers!

Made some changes:
- leveled up to 96
- swapped Replica Conqueror's Efficiency to rare jewel
- swapped Earthbreaker support to normal one
- put quality on gems
- swapped elemental focus and elemental damage with attacks to awakened version (still need leveles on them)
- enchanted Brutu's Lead Sprinkler with accuracy per 2% quality
- changed belt

And i wanted to tell, that i tried 6 times that trick with Tainted Mythic Orb, and all 6 times belt went "poof", so i guess it's still better to go with synth belt :)

https://pobb.in/2LRRioFm7k9s

Overall - it feels much, much better now! Next step will be bottled faith i guess, than i would have to farm a lot currency to change anything else i guess. Thank you again! :)
"
Kociuk wrote:
Thank you a lot for pointers!

Made some changes:
- leveled up to 96
- swapped Replica Conqueror's Efficiency to rare jewel
- swapped Earthbreaker support to normal one
- put quality on gems
- swapped elemental focus and elemental damage with attacks to awakened version (still need leveles on them)
- enchanted Brutu's Lead Sprinkler with accuracy per 2% quality
- changed belt

And i wanted to tell, that i tried 6 times that trick with Tainted Mythic Orb, and all 6 times belt went "poof", so i guess it's still better to go with synth belt :)

https://pobb.in/2LRRioFm7k9s

Overall - it feels much, much better now! Next step will be bottled faith i guess, than i would have to farm a lot currency to change anything else i guess. Thank you again! :)

You're doing great so far!

Ahhahaha yea I poofed a bunch of belts with the mythic orb trick too, its a good way of getting a great double corrupt but can get unlucky for sure :P

Yah the bottled faith upgrade is your next big one, it's very nice. From there your upgrades will indeed require some currency but each one is so much damage its crazy!
Especially if you can get the other forbidden flesh/flame jewels you will get 50% MORE damage, a big goal to work towards if you're so inclined.

The hunter two-tone boots are also a very key upgrade because they can help to cover resistances and give a bunch more life if made well! This means you can change around a lot of your other gear without fear of losing resistance cap once you have new ones made. Craft of exile says it will take on average 42 essences of rage to hit % strength alongside essence 58 str but when you do it gives a lot of freedom to mess around with your other gear pieces without losing out on resistances.

You have a lot of room to upgrade right now and could choose between rings, amulet, shield, etc. If you ever want any advice on crafting a GG item for any slot for the build just let me know and I can certainly help!
egg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info