[3.22] šŸ’€The Grim ReaperšŸ’€ - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin (SSF Viable, League-start viable, Uber)

Hi, Will it still be playable as SSF in 3.23? Thanks for the great guide.
Absolutely. No major nerfs to this, new Trans Gem might be better in some situations (Need PoB update to test), and new Charms are crazy (Wither on Hit, Spell Suppression, etc).
[3.22] šŸ’€The Grim ReaperšŸ’€ - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ā„ļøāš”CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreezeāš”ā„ļø
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
hey man, can you share which charms would be the best for the build with the primalist league ascendancy? thanks!
hows this build feel for sanctum in 3.23?
"
yoboitimmy wrote:
hows this build feel for sanctum in 3.23?

Should be just as amazing for it :)

[3.22] ā„ļøāš”CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreezeāš”ā„ļø
Hey, thanks for the build!

How does this perform against just a crit based non-poison sabo?

I just started the build, have things to upgrade for sure, but the poison damage just seems to not be doing much compared to the initial hit of hexblast.
It can scale quite well, but it does have a literal damage cap. You'll eventually hit the 35.7m DPS DoT cap, and you can only go higher with your hits.

Assuming you're alright with that much (it's fine for anything imo), then it's not lacking.

Hit-based can get a lot more damage, dramatically so, but it has worse defenses generally (no temp chains aura, no immunity to crits, etc.).

Hexblast Mines are so strong, any version of it works, really.

I thought to write a wrap up for the build at this point. I do still intend to continue to play it, especially I will likely run sanctums that I have build up so far, but with my recent acquisitions, I am also looking to potentially making another build for the league, which is highly unusual for me since I often play one build per league.

I absolutely loved the build. Once I got enough mine throwing speed, it just felt so good to play with when dealing with normal maps that were not empowered by Wildwood. Indeed the Wildwood part really showed that a lot more damage was needed. Eventually I got to the point where I could do t16s with the maps empowered at my own comfortable pace. The poison mastery to make myself immune to crits surely helped though.

At first there were some hiccups mostly because of my own choices. It took me a while to get grace online and the build certainly is not blessed with the amount of defense that I have played in the past few leagues. And even then the build really felt paper-ish until I got the freeze prolif on the gloves. Those were absolute godsend and I will remember them for the future with other builds. In essence any map that has no Wildwood on it is easy peasy. The moment Wildwood comes into play, not everything freezes and they can be a problem. Couple of Soul Eater Runic monsters certainly demonstrated the Path of Exile 2 crossbow mechanics to me first hand at times.

I got to level 100 rather harmlessly. 58 deaths total of which 3 occurred during the grind from 99 to level 100. I could have been faster but with my favorite strategy of abyss being superbly expensive this league, I had to do alternatives and while Grand Design maps were really good, I had to run basically 3x the maps compared to my usual.

Now 58 sounds probably low for Softcore but last league I had only 34 deaths total, of which 12 were against Ubers. Then again I played Poison SRS, as I was expecting it to be nerfed to the ground this league, and that build was seriously tanky at the end. Similarly in Crucible, I died 130 times of which 60 were against Ubers since I was farming them with the PS/KB totem build I had and roughly 30 were against Crucible, especially early on.

As such this build has showcased my love for defense and thus it certainly helps me to pivot my attention towards those avenues in the future. Nonetheless I enjoyed the build immensely as the Hexblast autotargeting and the absurd damage the build brought to the table even with the starting level of gear was really fun!

The build turned out to be fun and powerful enough that I farmed myself a Mageblood for the first time. Helps that they are incredibly cheap this league but even then, this is the first time me having one. I have been using it on the build since I got it yesterday and while it certainly does Mageblood stuff, I do feel that the build does not superbly benefit from it beyond movement speed. But I suppose that could be my flask choices. Still everything in the maps die and with me using Dance of Destruction, the Wildwood empowered stuff are bearable as well. Most of the time.

All in all, thank you very much for the build and if I were to rate this, I'd give it 8.5/10 overall. Which is a superb in my eyes. After all, with more careful of a playstyle and more mechanical skill than I have, the more limited defensive options of the build can be easily mitigated!

Here is the PoB I end the year with, if someone wants to have a look. It should not be that different from the example beyond that I went for one extra frenzy charge over two life nodes; ones that I could get if I were to switch away from Alira to Erarmir:

https://pobb.in/TXjOvZLKB70i

Note that the Holy Flame Totem is just a tool I brought to Sanctum with me as it helps to deal with the fireball things. It has no other function and since I had extra gem slot, I figured might as well use it. The PoB also includes the belt I had before Mageblood. As seen, especially with Focus on, it is a significant damage increase.

Oh, and Happy New Year! May the divines (or whatever currency you prefer) rain from the sky as much as they have done for me this league.
Last edited by Thailron on Dec 31, 2023, 6:03:01 AM
hey thanks a lot for the guide!
what do you think about anointing whispers of doom in the amulet? saves us 5 skills. just not sure if maybe the less area on curses is noticeable?
"
5m0k1n wrote:
hey thanks a lot for the guide!
what do you think about anointing whispers of doom in the amulet? saves us 5 skills. just not sure if maybe the less area on curses is noticeable?

You can do it if you wanna save a few points early. The loss of AoE won't be noticeable since you have 5% AoE per mine from a Mastery anyhow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info