[3.22] Sunblast Self-Chill Explosive Trap Trickster

"
juju666 wrote:
I am personally going to pick first accendancy point on One Step Ahead and then swap it away maybe at yellow maps or so. Really QOL choise and speed>dps for early gaming xD

Something i am wondering since kinda hate random 50/50 moments is to skip Hearstopper and instead pick Swift Killer (maybe red maps) and then use Ralakesh's Impatience boots swap trick to get insta charges and oh boy they last long with swift killer. Should be good for all bossfights ^^

i will edit under this more questions when it comes on my mind :P

1. What guard skill to use now? How much armor needed that vaal molten shell would still be king?
2. Toughs on staying with shield instead?
3. Shock/ignite fix? I know the new mastery but its kinda meh if your map rolls gound shit. Garukhan's Flight boots would be amazing for this but it comes with DPS and resist loss so not sure... if using shield with resist would be an option for QoL and defence :P Well ignite can be gotten trought ring implicit but shoc immunity would be great to have :D

Shield is fine, just less dps. If you do this you'll need to make sure you run Trigger on your Alternating Sceptre instead of offhand. I still will probably roll CWDT/Molten Shell, but I don't have good info on what. Ignite I plan on running a flask suffix until I can buy a corrupted Winterweave with Ignite immunity. Shock I just ignored, for the most part.
"
Tojozomi wrote:
"
FearlessDumb0 wrote:

Shoot me any questions if you have more.

So how exactly does damage work? In some PoBs you opt to put the trap count to 10 and in some you choose 24. I'm extremely unfamiliar with traps so I don't know if there's a reason between this discrepancy or not. (I just had a thought that 10 might be for mageblood variants which haven't got the luxury of the guaranteed extra traps?)

It depends on how fast you are able to lay traps on the ground. In a self-chill setup -OR- with Sunblast it becomes trivial to put the max traps on the ground, even while moving a lot, which is 24. I think in my 3.19 PoBs I used 10 traps but it didn't feel accurate as I almost never only have 10 out.
"
FearlessDumb0 wrote:
"
Tojozomi wrote:
"
FearlessDumb0 wrote:

Shoot me any questions if you have more.

So how exactly does damage work? In some PoBs you opt to put the trap count to 10 and in some you choose 24. I'm extremely unfamiliar with traps so I don't know if there's a reason between this discrepancy or not. (I just had a thought that 10 might be for mageblood variants which haven't got the luxury of the guaranteed extra traps?)

It depends on how fast you are able to lay traps on the ground. In a self-chill setup -OR- with Sunblast it becomes trivial to put the max traps on the ground, even while moving a lot, which is 24. I think in my 3.19 PoBs I used 10 traps but it didn't feel accurate as I almost never only have 10 out.

Say no more, looks like I do 2.4x more damage than I thought!
Do you think the build is suitable for a person who has very little time to play? Maybe 2 hours/day and playstyle is kinda chill. I'm considering a build that can carry me from the first day to the final day of the league.
Hey! I took a glance at the build and absolutely love it! planning on using this as a league starter myself. There's one thing that got me wondering though. When uploading to PoB (community fork on latest) and switching the tree to 3.21 we're losing 5 points; We're losing the trap mastery and it's allocated points near Supreme Ego (the mastery has been move some 5-6 points away to near Conduit) and we're also losing Expeditious Munitions since it was moved down a bit and no longer can be allocated via Thread of hope.

So my question is did you notice it and feel like those are superfluous pts or are you planning to update the PoB to go and find a way to grab those?
"
DarkNostos wrote:
Hey! I took a glance at the build and absolutely love it! planning on using this as a league starter myself. There's one thing that got me wondering though. When uploading to PoB (community fork on latest) and switching the tree to 3.21 we're losing 5 points; We're losing the trap mastery and it's allocated points near Supreme Ego (the mastery has been move some 5-6 points away to near Conduit) and we're also losing Expeditious Munitions since it was moved down a bit and no longer can be allocated via Thread of hope.

So my question is did you notice it and feel like those are superfluous pts or are you planning to update the PoB to go and find a way to grab those?

I spent a ton of time updating the build and setting up league start guides, check out parts 1 - 4 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZsj0sV1wx8
Last edited by FearlessDumb0 on Apr 6, 2023, 9:47:00 PM
Sweet thanks a lot! going to watch right now :) appreciate the quick answer!
the one thing u did not talk much about in videos was the support gem links.

1. What gem links for 5 and 6-link setups u would recommend when entering white maps?

2. When to swap gems? Should i use charged trap support until i have cleared full attlas :D (even if its lower DPS compared to trap and mine damage support)

3. Is Master Sapper like ever worth to pick anymore?
Last edited by juju666 on Apr 6, 2023, 11:47:51 PM
I have started to question my lifechoises. Cant do uber bosses with this gear... over 370mil guardian DPS on pob :D Am i doing something wrong or wtf? I really dont understand how i cant kill uber bosses. Normals are fine yes...

Have i missed something important... https://pobb.in/qdVhamLJz0gf

League start was pretty smooth tough
Hey, few things. First off, what seems to make it difficult? Is it surviving or not enough dps? Your gear looks pretty decent, though still missing FF jewels. You are missing some flat trap throwing speed which would make a more consistent dps uptime available to you. With self-chill your trap throwing time is 0.37s. Mine is 0.36s and I'd probably like to push it down a bit further, closer to 0.3-0.32s. I just ran an Uber Shaper on the gear I have currently which is not as good as yours just to see.

I'd also change your PoB -- you're sort of double dipping. If you use the 24 traps metric I'd switch it to one explosion hitting. If you are using the 3 traps (for Sunblast) then I'd set it to Average. After some discussions with folks I think the latter is most accurate. That puts you at 46m pinnacle dps, which should be more than enough to do things like Uber Shaper. I'm way behind and using sorta scuffed gear still because my playtime is limited and I'm at around 40m dps.

1) You've opted for benched flat dmg mods like Crit Multi/Spell Dmg instead of trap throwing speed on your gear. If you had a higher trap throwing rate you'd be able to keep closer to max traps out while still dodging Uber attacks. Personally I like having a little bit of overthrow so my dps uptime is very high. I am almost never just sitting still and spamming traps unless im preloading on a boss.

2) No divine blessing setup? That's like a free 31% more dps for your build to spec into Zealotry, even though it only lasts for 9 seconds that's an eternity in a boss fight.

3) Are you actually getting 5% brittle on uber bosses? I'd wager you are probably getting between 3-4% for ubers at that gearing level, but idk.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info