[3.24] Ice Shot / Lightning Arrow Deadeye (Or Tornado Shot) - 400%+ MS, League Start Viable!

"
devoit wrote:
I’d really like to make the rage mechanic work without secrets but I can’t seem to find a way to do it consistently. I’m clearing juiced t16s with a death here and there (need to farm betrayal a bit so I can finish the craft on my helm and chest for phys convert) but I’m not worried about survivability since I know what I need to do for that. I’ve just added a forbidden rite and two porj tincture to the build so I’m up to 11 arrows now which I’m quite pleased with. If I can just get the rage mechanic going I’ll be golden for super fast juiced maps - using an inspired learning until I can snag a HH.

I’m also testing a whispers anoint but it’s hard to tell if it’s any better than my old DPS anoint tho I’ve got plenty of damage regardless. I’m guessing because it’s two marks they can’t stack anyway?

yea whispers of doom will allow you 2 hexes or 1 hex + 1 mark but not 2 marks.

I had success with the rage on hit tincture but it's not as compelling as +2 proj. You could still go kaom's spirits and use some regen charms too, it would just not be as broken as prior leagues.
"
_REV_ wrote:
Hello,

i'm getting to the normal spot where I start to struggle with higher level end game things. instead of rerolling another character i'd like to double down and get this one even better. I feel like I'm struggling a lot with single target and defenses. I'd highly appreciate any tips on next areas to focus on. Here's a POB link although I don't know if I've configured POB the best or not. Usually just use it as a guide
https://pobb.in/ifU6p-g4k_Cs

Hey! I think you made the correct choice, this build can feel very satisfying if you put in the effort.

The most important change you can do is you have to unlink sniper's mark from cast when damage taken, it doubles the mana cost without any benefit so I bet you just can't trigger sniper's mark anymore, which would cut your single target dps in half.

Then I would grab uber lab, get crit on bow, a jade flask (and just better flasks overall, they are cheap and very powerful on this build), better rolled uniques, anoint on your amulet, then look for upgrades for your gear, including a large thread of hope, interogation jewel, etc.. you can refer to the pob item sets for this.

Remember that the build defense is primarily composed of evasion, spell suppress and recovery (leech) whereas life is important but not as much as evasion. With a properly setup pob, you should strive to get 95% chance to evade melee attacks. Anyways GL! I think you will find every upgrade to have a meaningful impact on your gameplay and that is so satisfying.
"
yankuch wrote:
"
_REV_ wrote:
Hello,

i'm getting to the normal spot where I start to struggle with higher level end game things. instead of rerolling another character i'd like to double down and get this one even better. I feel like I'm struggling a lot with single target and defenses. I'd highly appreciate any tips on next areas to focus on. Here's a POB link although I don't know if I've configured POB the best or not. Usually just use it as a guide
https://pobb.in/ifU6p-g4k_Cs

Hey! I think you made the correct choice, this build can feel very satisfying if you put in the effort.

The most important change you can do is you have to unlink sniper's mark from cast when damage taken, it doubles the mana cost without any benefit so I bet you just can't trigger sniper's mark anymore, which would cut your single target dps in half.

Then I would grab uber lab, get crit on bow, a jade flask (and just better flasks overall, they are cheap and very powerful on this build), better rolled uniques, anoint on your amulet, then look for upgrades for your gear, including a large thread of hope, interogation jewel, etc.. you can refer to the pob item sets for this.

Remember that the build defense is primarily composed of evasion, spell suppress and recovery (leech) whereas life is important but not as much as evasion. With a properly setup pob, you should strive to get 95% chance to evade melee attacks. Anyways GL! I think you will find every upgrade to have a meaningful impact on your gameplay and that is so satisfying.

Thank you for the detailed response and very fast too! I'll start working on my flask upgrades right away. Concerning the bow, do you think dropping attack speed for crit would be better or just finding a new bow that includes both? Also on that subject, what sorta ele dps should I be looking for? I'm using ice shot instead of TS (not sure if this is a mistake, but the ice shatters are satisfying lol).
WoW nice build but im stuck a little bit.

Can you look at Moira_Affli

ATM i Try with crit chance and multiplier on tornado shot so i come to 100% crit chance. but how important is 100% ?

and which item i should look at the next to upgrade?
Are there any changes that I should make for attempting this in SSF?

Should I still follow the POB for the Low Budget Crit version or does that require specific Uniques that normally would be cheap to buy in Trade?
Hi, great build, very enjoyable gameplay even taking in consideration oneshots here and there, especially on bosses.

Could use some advise from expireince player as i had a big break in game and first time playing archer, so can anyone check my pob and look throug if i made some obvious mistakes, also advise how to improve build is much appricieted
https://pobb.in/xeY9SMCP5myi

It seems in pob (if i use it corretcly) im a bit low on crit? Also not sure if i need to drop acurracy points? And would be very nice if you can give me some advise how to improve further both tree and items as i got like 60 div waiting to drop somewhere. Can we somehow improve singletarget dps?

Thanks for the build and all replies here, it does help a lot

Hello, I really appreciate this build and it has been running me good up into red maps so far. I dont traditionally play bow characters, so I had a few questions.

First, one of the things I am a bit unclear on is what I should look for in the affliction charms.

Second, I would also like an opinion on my bow. It looks pretty good to me but I am not sure if it is something I can call good enough or if I should still be looking for an upgrade. I am holding off on the 6L and some of the links until I fully nail down the bow.

My character name is "NuhvokKalTornado" for reference.

Any advice would be appreciated.
"
Jotz wrote:
Are there any changes that I should make for attempting this in SSF?

Should I still follow the POB for the Low Budget Crit version or does that require specific Uniques that normally would be cheap to buy in Trade?

Except for Hyrri's ire, dying sun, watcher's eye and the massive thread of hope, all the uniques are common rarity so you'll eventually have them in ssf.

your main point of interests should be betrayal, essence, delirium, harvest and either legion or sirus (lethal pride or thread of hope)

I would either full commit on delirium early or ignore it altogether.

you can live without interrogation jewel but it wont be as fun and you will run out of efficient point in the tree at lvl 90-95 if you don't have cluster jewels.

you need jun to unlock all the important crafts (elreon rings, korrel helmet and gravicius chest). You also need essences to make all your gear, harvest to swap essences and to craft chaos resist gear and cluster jewels.

The build is not particularly strong at bossing, even less so in ssf environment but you can cheese most pinnacle fights by swapping aura and flasks. For example you can swap grace and jade flask for purity of fire and ruby flask with increased effect for searing exarch.
"
yankuch wrote:

Except for Hyrri's ire, dying sun, watcher's eye and the massive thread of hope, all the uniques are common rarity so you'll eventually have them in ssf.

your main point of interests should be betrayal, essence, delirium, harvest and either legion or sirus (lethal pride or thread of hope)

I would either full commit on delirium early or ignore it altogether.

you can live without interrogation jewel but it wont be as fun and you will run out of efficient point in the tree at lvl 90-95 if you don't have cluster jewels.

you need jun to unlock all the important crafts (elreon rings, korrel helmet and gravicius chest). You also need essences to make all your gear, harvest to swap essences and to craft chaos resist gear and cluster jewels.

The build is not particularly strong at bossing, even less so in ssf environment but you can cheese most pinnacle fights by swapping aura and flasks. For example you can swap grace and jade flask for purity of fire and ruby flask with increased effect for searing exarch.

I appreciate the reply and all the helpful information!

I'm not sure if you are able, but can you recommend any builds that would be good at clearing/bossing that involve a Ranger class? Or would it be better to reroll into a different build? (I know DD, Boneshatter are strong but I'm not fond of the playstyle. Similar to totem builds unfortunately haha)
I have always been a major fan of bow builds, and tried them several leagues, but never really got it right (mostly due to the innate survivability of bow builds) but man, this feels smooth!

I have optimized a lot of the way there, but still have about 40 divs left over.

Would you recommend I switch gems around and go for spectres at this point or save up for a better bow or? I have had to run purity to fix resistances, not sure if there's a better way there.

P.S. what atlas would you recommend? I am currently running Eater, strongbox / altar, harbinger and spirits, but with Frostblink, harbringer feels a little wonky.

(edit, i simply had to remove frostblink as i was getting nauseous, probably why i never got into flicker strike :D )

(double edit, is the tincture / resist on granite enough to fix resistances without running purity? was a bit worried about uptime on flasks)
Last edited by KasperBN on Dec 29, 2023, 6:40:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info