Where is the default filter file stored on PC ?

Have you or anyone else who uses that PC had anything like OneDrive or any other app, or even Windows itself, set your Documents folder to a different drive? If so and that process didn't include moving the "current" files at that time to the new location, you may be working with the wrong Documents folder and/or searching the wrong drive.

You have to have a login file somewhere, as that's where your encrypted password is stored. Without it, you'd have to enter your password every time you log in.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
aggromagnet wrote:
Have you or anyone else who uses that PC had anything like OneDrive or any other app, or even Windows itself, set your Documents folder to a different drive? If so and that process didn't include moving the "current" files at that time to the new location, you may be working with the wrong Documents folder and/or searching the wrong drive.

You have to have a login file somewhere, as that's where your encrypted password is stored. Without it, you'd have to enter your password every time you log in.

Nothing like that - I check to make sure it isn't looking at any other volume. There is only a c:\ drive. If it was using another drive or volume it should break but it is not. That makes no sense. If a program can't find the file(s) it needs then it shouldn't work at all.

I found three folders in a hidden directory with very weird names (only shows once you select hidden files in windows explorer). Example below

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\㐀옎翶\My Games\Path of Exile\production_Config.ini"

I do not know why these files are there or why they are hidden by default. These had the filter parameter set to <default>. Even after I changed this the filter still did not appear, it keeps using the default.

There is no login file anywhere. It doesn't ask me to re-enter login credentials either.

Maybe someone from GGG could pop in here and tell us both how to fix it. I'll probably do a reinstall tomorrow. I'm too tired to keep going now. It shouldn't be this hard and I'm now freaked out why a game company needs to hide files folders, directories and shadow files on a players computer.
That path is very abnormal. Definitely not in any way normal for the international standalone client anyway.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
BowWizard wrote:
"
aggromagnet wrote:

Nothing like that - I check to make sure it isn't looking at any other volume. There is only a c:\ drive. If it was using another drive or volume it should break but it is not. That makes no sense. If a program can't find the file(s) it needs then it shouldn't work at all.

I found three folders in a hidden directory with very weird names (only shows once you select hidden files in windows explorer). Example below

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\㐀옎翶\My Games\Path of Exile\production_Config.ini"

I do not know why these files are there or why they are hidden by default. These had the filter parameter set to <default>. Even after I changed this the filter still did not appear, it keeps using the default.

There is no login file anywhere. It doesn't ask me to re-enter login credentials either.

Maybe someone from GGG could pop in here and tell us both how to fix it. I'll probably do a reinstall tomorrow. I'm too tired to keep going now. It shouldn't be this hard and I'm now freaked out why a game company needs to hide files folders, directories and shadow files on a players computer.

I had the same problem, because OneDrive on Windows Fresh-install sync Documents/Images/Desktop into user/Onedrive/ and I remove Onedrive but registry still sending to wrong path. Make a simple test:
Window + R -> shell:personal (needs to open your documents folder)
I fix my error editing registry to shell personal to correctly place, removing game, unchecking cloud sync on steam and reinstalling it. After install checked again cloud sync :)

Ps: don't mind about my english, is my secondary language ^^
Last edited by p4ndi0n on Jan 11, 2024, 3:37:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info