[3.23] Lk's Vaal Caress Cold DoT Trickster [Zoomy League-starter] (New 3.23 Gameplay Video)

"
LkGGz wrote:

Adding more ascendancy points will alleviate the ES (as mana) issues significantly.

Polymath >> ES gained on kill
Escape Artist >> increases your ES pool
Spell Breaker >> ES recharge on spell supression

Even without without Spell Breaker from the final lab, Polymath and Escape Artist will provide a noticeable difference.

Btw:
Cold Snap should eventually be replaced with Vaal Cold Snap.

It is very important for Cold Snap to be linked to Bonechill >> it causes chilled enemies to receive increased cold damage from all sources, including Vortex and CF.

One step ahead provides freeze immunity, so freeze immunity on flask is not required.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers~

Thanks LK,

Now I got Polymath and Escape Artist ascendancies and change my gears and gems accordingly, and ES issue has improved materially.

Still, some viridian Wildwood monsters fully absorb ES and Mana and it gets hard to fight, but now I can run maps with safe.

I'll continue with this build. Thanks.
"
cityedge wrote:
"
LkGGz wrote:

Adding more ascendancy points will alleviate the ES (as mana) issues significantly.

Polymath >> ES gained on kill
Escape Artist >> increases your ES pool
Spell Breaker >> ES recharge on spell supression

Even without without Spell Breaker from the final lab, Polymath and Escape Artist will provide a noticeable difference.

Btw:
Cold Snap should eventually be replaced with Vaal Cold Snap.

It is very important for Cold Snap to be linked to Bonechill >> it causes chilled enemies to receive increased cold damage from all sources, including Vortex and CF.

One step ahead provides freeze immunity, so freeze immunity on flask is not required.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers~

Thanks LK,

Now I got Polymath and Escape Artist ascendancies and change my gears and gems accordingly, and ES issue has improved materially.

Still, some viridian Wildwood monsters fully absorb ES and Mana and it gets hard to fight, but now I can run maps with safe.

I'll continue with this build. Thanks.

You're welcome ^^
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/@LkGG-Gaming
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Vaal Caress CDoT Trickster Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3450602
Hi,

I have continued to go with this build, and now reached Lv92, got all the atlas bonuses (including unique, 115/115), captured all gods, got 2 voidstones, and defeated some Elder and Shaper guardians. Now I can run T16 maps feeling little sense of danger as far as their mods are not too juicy.

This was the best result in the recent several leagues for me. And I spent less than 100c to achieve that -- it was unbelievably low budget. No special uniques needed, no special cluster jewels needed.

I say thank you again to share such a nice build. I will continue to play the game for further fine tuning of the build. If you have any advice to further refine my build, pleas let me know.

https://pobb.in/fbc9X8UPyiF3

"
cityedge wrote:
Hi,

I have continued to go with this build, and now reached Lv92, got all the atlas bonuses (including unique, 115/115), captured all gods, got 2 voidstones, and defeated some Elder and Shaper guardians. Now I can run T16 maps feeling little sense of danger as far as their mods are not too juicy.

This was the best result in the recent several leagues for me. And I spent less than 100c to achieve that -- it was unbelievably low budget. No special uniques needed, no special cluster jewels needed.

I say thank you again to share such a nice build. I will continue to play the game for further fine tuning of the build. If you have any advice to further refine my build, pleas let me know.

https://pobb.in/fbc9X8UPyiF3

Glad you're doing well :)

Below are some suggestions if you want to invest further into the build:

Gems: Gems are quite important for spell based builds
1. lvl 21 Creeping Frost, Vortex (important, 14% more DoT DPS)
2. lvl 21, 20% Vaal Cold Snap (cheap because there is A Chilling Wind Div card)
3. Vaal Cold Snap can be a 4-link if you drop Raise Spectre/Holy Flame Totem
4. Immortal Call > Molten Shell because of low armour base
5. Shield Charge is missing but if you find yourself preferring without that's up to your personal preference

Helmet: EV/ES base with suppression will be better, and roll useful eldritch implicits

Shield: You should be crafting life roll instead of ES, or you could grab another shield with a high life roll

Chest: Higher life roll, a suppression roll, useful eldritch implicits

Amulet: Get increased effect of non-damaging ailments

Rings: Consider purchasing Death Rush Unique (get 3 sec Adrenaline). The other ring could have higher resistances/life rolls.

Gloves: Consider Vaal Caress Unique (only if you are putting 4L Vaal Cold Snap on the gloves)

Boots: EV/ES base, high movement speed roll and drops scorched ground eldritch implicit

Belt: A high life roll and higher resistances

Utility Flasks: See the utility flasks section of the guide

Hope you have a good time!
Devouring Diadem CDoT Elementalist Guide: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3362183
Last edited by LkGGz on Jan 26, 2024, 6:44:28 AM
Hi LK,

Do you have any plan to update this DoT build for 3.24?

As I like this build very much, so if you update I'd be very glad to it.
"
cityedge wrote:
Hi LK,

Do you have any plan to update this DoT build for 3.24?

As I like this build very much, so if you update I'd be very glad to it.

Hey there! Glad you found a build that you like :)

There are no changes in 3.24 vs 3.23 except that Immortal Call cannot be used on LMB anymore. Therefore, you need to link it to Automation or Cast when Damage Taken. Personally, I prefer Automation because it allows us to use a higher level Immortal Call.

Unless you are using an unset ring, you will need to drop Culling Strike/Faster Attacks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info