[3.24] Ivory Tower attribute stacking LL Ice Spear CoC Inquisitor

"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

Thanks a lot for your feedback! Really appreciate it.
Have some questions / remarks:

"You start with strength nodes to Sanctity, not int nodes to Retribution"
>> Right now Str and Int are fairly balanced which is needed for the Righteous Providence Ascendancy right?. If I go the other route str will go down and int will go up so the lowest of the 2 will be further apart. They are both 4 small nodes so not sure how the int route would improve things.

"One of your Split Personality Jewels could be much further"
>> Yeah that would be a good improvement. I see your cluster jewel but do those passives (sadist and snowstorm) do anything or are they just there for no reason and it's more about the slots for the split personality?

"Some of the passives aren't worth that much"
>> I thought 50 life gives a nice boost to everything? We are stacking increased life and increased life % right? Will look at the other passives as well.

"Base Jewels (% Life + Crit Multi) are much better than Abyss Jewels"
>> Will look for those. Makes sense that with high crit chance having more crit mp scales very well.

"You will cap crit and accuracy at ~1400 attributes"
>> Still a long way from there being around 1080-ish on both stats. I think a good stygian with raw str and int as well as 14% increased stats will give a big boost. Was searching for one but prices range from 20D to 170D so hoping for a good deal. I guess the other big boost would be the boots with raw str and int?

"Currently you miss 1 big aura"
>> I am using all, including Zealotry. I'm not missing one as far as I can see?? I have a lvl4 enlighten.

>> They are both 4 small nodes so not sure how the int route would improve things.
It will lengthten the path for both Split Personality jewels.

>> do those passives (sadist and snowstorm) do anything
Snowstorm: taken because it is effectively 8% more damage. The build constantly applies chill and shock through crits (there is some base cold damage from Ice Spear gem).
Sadist: not taken, exists only to push Snowstorm to the other side (a single notable is always between sockets, if there are more their order is as seen on PoEDB (PoB knows order too)).

>> I thought 50 life gives a nice boost to everything?
It does but in majority of cases the point can be spent more efficiently. It is roughly equal to 6% Life but at the end (level 100 and very close) every 2 points can give you 2x life cluster (e.g. Purity of Flesh, Golem's Blood, Devotion) or jewel socket (5-7% life + crit multi + more multi/attributes).

>> Will look for those. Makes sense that with high crit chance having more crit mp scales very well.
Yes. You can place Abyss Jewels in the tree but such change will trade a lot of damage (crit multi) for relatively low gains in Life/ES.

>> I guess the other big boost would be the boots with raw str and int?
Yes, although you lose annointment in such case and will basically need to use Leap Slam to move because of much worse movement speed. Be careful with belts - a not-so-good Stygian Rare may be beated by cheap Cyclopeian Coil (-4% attributes have to be countered by T1 flats and Abyss Jewel).

>> I am using all, including Zealotry. I'm not missing one as far as I can see?? I have a lvl4 enlighten.
Last time when I was checking you did not had any offensive aura and had plenty of free mana (~300) which is very rare on this build (I barely fit mine with many passives, helmet reservation corruption and Enlighten 4). I have 8 buffs in total (EB, Life: Banner + Clarity + Zealotry, Mana: Discipline, PoE, Grace, Determination).
IGN: Free_hugging
I am usually online at GMT+1 evening times.

Generate filters using poe.ninja data using my item filter tool: https://github.com/Xeverous/filter_spirit
Last edited by Xeverous on Apr 24, 2024, 6:53:40 PM
"
Zealots oath is entirely not worth it, this build has absurd amounts of leech because it hits so many times that you get significantly more than the normal leech cap in instant leech. You are missing wrath which is outright a larger damage multiplier than zealotry to begin with, drop determination for it unless you're going to put together a guardian's blessing setup for determination, which would eat 2 extra links and require running a golem that you resummon regularly given the absence of the autoresummoning spectre. Additionally you need a cluster for split locations, you neither need nor want any notables on the cluster, what you want is a 12/25 or 12/35 with strength and int and life, deallocate all the 30 str nodes to get the points to use them. The next upgrade for you is definitely a str/int/%attri hunter stygian, that is a massive bonus over even a perfect cyclopean. Eventually you should consider transitioning off of the IR version into the raw stat stacker variant, its significantly more fragile to small hits but its actually tougher vs the really big ones due to having a notably larger es pool (15k if you can get a glimpse and still cap your resists).

I disagree with all your ideas:
- ZO is worth it if you use Golem's Blood and/or Zealotry (which creates Consecrated Ground)
- Wrath isn't that much stronger than Zealotry. IMO the loss of damage (15% vs 21% more) is worth an additional 5% regen (6.25% with Devotion Life cluster).
- "neither need nor want any notables on the cluster" - depends. 12/35 are very expensive and a simple 8 can let you spend points elsewhere. Snowstorm notable is effectively 8% more damage.
- IR variant is really good. You lose few thousands of ES but gain 50k Armour. That's a huge reduction (50% against 10k hit, 66% against 5k hit) on a build that otherwise has almost no phys reduction. And it is the phys that predominantly kills this build. Effective Pool against elemental is already fairly large thanks to flasks. I did play the non-IR variant before and switching to IR+Grace+Determination has been the single best reduction in deaths.
- "15k if you can get a glimpse and still cap your resists" - I have 13k with 53k Armour. No Glimpse and no Forbidden Flesh/Flame.

Generate filters using poe.ninja data using my item filter tool: https://github.com/Xeverous/filter_spirit
How useful armor is entirely depends on what you use the build for, I use it to farm 100% delirious maps, including shaper guardians and for ubers. Against them 50k armour is less defenses than I would lose getting to it and I instead use a phys taken as x mod on watchers and rathpith corrupt to boost survivability. Phys is almost always what kills this build but its about trade offs, I prefer a version that is more fragile to small hits but a bit tankier vs the really big ones (uber maven memory game is not actually death to screw up and the uber shaper slam is about half my es). If you're going to use it for stuff where armor is more useful the iron reflexes variation is going to be a lot tankier but as always it comes down to what you aim to do with it and whether you want dps that is only going to show up vs delirium bosses and uber eater/exarch or just a bit more tankiness vs normal hits.
Very nice guide, ty
Last edited by brainfsck on Apr 26, 2024, 11:42:02 AM
-
Last edited by brainfsck on Apr 26, 2024, 10:24:15 AM
Been trying to buy a good belt for days now but either they are not that good and still cost 30D or they are good but cost 100D which I don't have. I've never really done much crafting so would love to see a short craft guide for the stygian belt. Or, if anyone is done with the league and (just like me) does nothing on standard league, wants to sell their belt I'm happy to take it off your hands.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
There isn't really that much you can do to craft the belt unfortunately, the int mod is an essence roll, which does not respect metamods at all. As a result you basically have to just mash int essences until you hit the suffix mods you want. If you can get t1 str, t1 int and t1 attris all at once you can stick suffixes cannot be changed and then either harvest craft for life mods or scour, craft mana and double ex slam but its just one of those hope you hit it in a reasonable time frame essence spam crafts at its most basic.
"
There isn't really that much you can do to craft the belt unfortunately, the int mod is an essence roll, which does not respect metamods at all. As a result you basically have to just mash int essences until you hit the suffix mods you want. If you can get t1 str, t1 int and t1 attris all at once you can stick suffixes cannot be changed and then either harvest craft for life mods or scour, craft mana and double ex slam but its just one of those hope you hit it in a reasonable time frame essence spam crafts at its most basic.

That is exactly why I never really got into crafting... it's not actually crafting but instead throwing currency at something hoping to get lucky.
The only league (obviously) where I crafted a really good belt was harvest. Would be so nice to have some better deterministic crafting. Anyway, I got a decent stygian for 20D and it was a good little boost to damage and currently at 10.5k ES. Got all voidstones, all favourite map slots so just doing some challenges but don't feel the motivation to push for much more. Maybe next league I will play this again and see if I can push it to lvl100. Let's hope for some good loot / craft options that are not too complicated.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Been trying to buy a good belt for days now but either they are not that good and still cost 30D or they are good but cost 100D which I don't have. I've never really done much crafting so would love to see a short craft guide for the stygian belt. Or, if anyone is done with the league and (just like me) does nothing on standard league, wants to sell their belt I'm happy to take it off your hands.

Sorry, I won't make any guide for belt crafting because:

- It can be achieved from multiple methods (Essence on Fractured base, Fossils, the oldest way (alt/aug/regal/exalt), Awakener's) - no idea which one is most likely or most profitable
- Necropolis produces a ton of predictable results or items close to the desired one or good fractured bases - you can buy a partial product and experiment with it
- I haven't crafted either, bought mine for 25div

Last edited by Xeverous on May 2, 2024, 1:51:37 PM
Loving this build and maybe have gone a bit overboard MinMaxing it but its been fun. Just figured I would post my setup and let anyone wondering know - if you get to this point in terms of gear you cannot feel the difference between wave 1 & wave 30 in sim... everything just falls over dead and you just cyclone around..

10/10 Would build Again.. also always open to tips or thoughts on improvements.

17k ES with EB and Auras on.
Tooltip Ice Spear is 684K.. for 223,000,000 DPS (Could be very wrong but im too lazy to use POB)

Gear
Spoiler

Tree

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info