[3.24] 💥💫 The (Arch)Blade Blast Unloader 🗡️🔪🔫 - Screenwide 30m-55m Pinnacle DPS? Say yes to FUN!

Anyone has a nice Mageblood variant? The one in the post seems fine, but just wondering if anything has been changed that's worth while.

Considering a pivot to that since the price came down so much
The videos of this build make it look amazing but in reality it is one the clunkiest PoE builds ive played recently, kind of disappointed as i didn't switch till 74 to even try the skill and dumped all my currency into it, might just repec into brand or reroll lol
"
hamp69 wrote:
The videos of this build make it look amazing but in reality it is one the clunkiest PoE builds ive played recently, kind of disappointed as i didn't switch till 74 to even try the skill and dumped all my currency into it, might just repec into brand or reroll lol

Well, u clearly did something wrong or haven't read "IMPORTANT READ BEFORE PLAY" part lol
"
hamp69 wrote:

Definitely ain't clunky. Make sure you are actually "testing" with targets around you. Brands need to attach to generate blade vortex stacks.

Ensure you have your 3 to 5 stacks of arcanists.
Check if you have leveled your automation and brand recall gems (and get quality, as both increase CRR with more quality. Enhance also helps a lot.

Runebinder and brand CRR tree points are very nice for faster generation (Brand CRR not being negotiable)

If you still having problems, post your PoB instead of complaining with nothing to show.
"
Dr3amHax0r wrote:
"
Prof549 wrote:
In the "Tanky Impale" PoB you have Vitality and War Banner slotted...nowhere and yet active, plus 5 gems in the helmet...

Explain the reason of deception?

I'm doing the same build variant and running everything that is in that build... This includes vitality (essential for the watchers eye), and war banner.

In fact, I even had a spare slot open for Frost blink for terrain skipping.

You do not have to copy his build stat for stat, you know. Or gem by gem, for that matter.

As for the helmet "5 slot". Perhaps look at what is actually active? Zealotry is not being used in this build. Its inactive.

Do a proper check before attacking someone, yeh?

Haha thanks Dr3am, on1ysuffer, hsow, and other participants for covering the thread while I've been away! Had a number of big projects blocking off my PoE time.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Last edited by primaeva on Apr 21, 2024, 2:36:49 PM
"
on1ysuffer wrote:
So i did couple upgrades and updates: https://pobb.in/tpzEimu7JXcm

Killed uber eater, exarch, cortex, chayula, several 70+ feared. "Kill them before they kill you" still works everywhere but not in t17. T17 is just miserable--can't skip phases, map itself is the worst. Doable with portal scarab but doesn't feel good.
If anyone have an idea how i can make it works at t17 please help xD
Or how i should change the build

Hey man! Thanks for chipping in on the thread haha.

I have to say that any Utula's-based build would not be well-suited for T17 content the way things have shaken up.

The logic being: Utula's is a band-aid to give a barely-enough eHP pool to take one or two hits, combined with the relative safe range of the build and the high mobility, and mid recover - it's good enough for Ubers (since you can just zerg them and trade your life / portals for their HP) and juiced T16s.

T17 has been somewhat successful in that it DID push build requirements up by a ton - your build either has to do so much damage that enemies don't matter, or absorb enough damage to stand against these enemies so you can whittle them down.

Unfortunately that means the Utula's extremely narrow definition of "taking a hit" falls apart in T17. There are two ways to deal with this, and both are extremes:

1) Go the offense route: zHP with Mageblood, perma RF, ASTRAL PROJECTOR (I see your Circle of Guilt applies Frostbite yeah, but the Circle itself doesn't add too much damage compared to Polaric Dev unless you had another source of Frost) and cold convert, and then invest points saved from tankiness into pure offense and freeze duration, plus the very broken Glacial Cage + Cold Mastery (Up to 50% damage taken by enemies frozen).

You can now offscreen freeze and freeze prolif the packs. This is dependent on NOT rolling any element avoidance on the map, and would only really work if you had Trickter's One Step Ahead putting a cap on monster's action speed.)

2) Go the zDPS route - essentially what Ben did. He took one slot for offense (the Impale Gloves) and then just built around the usual suspects of Lightning Coil, max suppress, phys taken as helm, melding, corresponding Purity (lightning for Coil, fire for Cloak).. and Defiance of Destiny of course. I think the build went about 40% overboard on def because it simply had to - he's in Hardcore. In Softcore you can probably sneak in BS like Pain Attunement in there and pick up more natural crit, etc, use Trickster and FF Perfect Crime, etc.

I'll be trying out Route 1 this week now that my peak period is over. I don't think that route will be particular good on killing all the bosses though, probably the easiest ones that you can zerg down without much AoE.

But I have to be honest - I would not put this in a top-tier T17 build. It's strengths are mobile damage and fun AoE. I'll try to push it as hard as I can but the league is falling off a bit.

I do hear that like 75% of fighting T17s is actually just rolling the right mods AND having a dedicated Atlas that doesn't make it impossible though - if you haven't already, do look up what Atlas trees are working for the T17 farmers.
"
Dr3amHax0r wrote:
"
hamp69 wrote:

Definitely ain't clunky. Make sure you are actually "testing" with targets around you. Brands need to attach to generate blade vortex stacks.

Ensure you have your 3 to 5 stacks of arcanists.
Check if you have leveled your automation and brand recall gems (and get quality, as both increase CRR with more quality. Enhance also helps a lot.

Runebinder and brand CRR tree points are very nice for faster generation (Brand CRR not being negotiable)

If you still having problems, post your PoB instead of complaining with nothing to show.

Haha, if I had to guess. It's a 75 Hardcore char and through no fault of his own, probably has a LOT of points invested into life / defense with very little dedicated to making the build feel smooth (like we can in Softcore).

But yeah, probably running a level 1 Brand Recall or something, so waiting 2seconds for each pulse. Would really have helped if he didn't private profile or sent us the PoB.
"
Dr3amHax0r wrote:
Anyone has a nice Mageblood variant? The one in the post seems fine, but just wondering if anything has been changed that's worth while.

Practicality wise I don't think you can top Nid's version for a balance of offense and defense aside from clever use of Perandus Pact.

If you want pure offense however, this seems like a great build to zHP on!

https://pobb.in/wd_wqIexp56u

I think Ben's move to use Awakened AoE is 100% worth though. It's offense, defense, safety, all in one. Now that is an option I did not weigh.
"
primaeva wrote:
"
Dr3amHax0r wrote:

Practicality wise I don't think you can top Nid's version for a balance of offense and defense aside from clever use of Perandus Pact.

If you want pure offense however, this seems like a great build to zHP on!

https://pobb.in/wd_wqIexp56u

I think Ben's move to use Awakened AoE is 100% worth though. It's offense, defense, safety, all in one. Now that is an option I did not weigh.

The old builds contain a lot of forest stuff and removed things. Is there a version of nid's build that excludes those? Or is it safe to just ignore them?

Nid's build doesn't seem all that expensive now compared to what it must have been last league (Saw he mentioned 3+ mirrors on youtube vid)

Anything particular that you would assume is very expensive that is a necessity that I might have overlooked? Like, the chest piece has socketed +1 and AOE +2, is that a neccesity or a min max? +2 AOE is affordable, socketed gets pricey and both together is stupid.

Kinda tired of getting one shot by random shit tho. Reconsidering Ben's... But Nid's looks so much fun!

Also, NP. Just assisting where I can with the thread. Not that great at build making so I do what I can.
Last edited by Dr3amHax0r on Apr 21, 2024, 6:38:54 PM
I managed to graduate from archmage to the cold convert and am farming t17s with back to basics relatively cleanly (with the right mods of course). You can check out my gear but it's basically taking inspiration from nid's dps + ben's survivability.

https://pobb.in/bm6DdJQmAQJg

Disclaimer though, I still die from big hits if i dont do boss mechanics but at least the tankiness gives me time to react.
Last edited by leonardlemon on Apr 23, 2024, 4:02:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info