[3.23] 🔵 Penance Brand Trickster Guide + Uber Boss Showcase (100m DPS all content viable)

Hi guys, Asmo here. I'd like to present one of the best builds I've ever played - Charge Stacking Penance Brand Trickster.

If you'd like to see the build in action against Uber Bosses, T17 Valdo Feared and 100% deli content, you can check out the video version of this guide, featuring an extensive showcase of this build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gXTqGNbHBM

Mechanics Overview

Spoiler
Offense - We convert the penance brand damage fully to lightning and focus on scaling cast speed as well as critical strike chance and multipliers. This build reaches 12 power and frenzy charges which give a massive amount of crit chance, spell damage, generic damage and cast speed.

Defense - Defensively this build relies on a pool of 5k energy shield, 67k evasion, 100% spell suppression chance with 56% spell damage reduction, complete ailment immunity, complete chaos damage immunity through Chaos Inoculation, increased maximum elemental resistances, 5 endurance charges, over 500 ES regen per second, over 1000 ES leeched per second with Trickster overleech, ES recovery on hit and Ghost shrouds.

Mobility and Utility - With 12 frenzy charges and other attack speed increases we utilize incredibly fast shield charge as well as over 200% bonus movement speed which comes in part from the Restless Ward chest piece. The One Step Ahead Trickster passive also makes us immune to all action speed slows, such as Delirium hands.

Playstyle

Spoiler
The playstyle of this build is incredibly comfortable. It's a brand build that does not use the Swiftbrand Support which allows us to have a very long brand duration, lasting about 10 seconds detached and 10 seconds attached. This allows for constant damage uptime on bosses while we are free to dodge mechanics or press /dance and breakdance while the boss is melting.

Skill Gems
Spoiler

Here is the skill gem setup for this build:

Chest Piece:

Penance Brand of Dissipation - Energy Leech - Power Charge on Critical - Increased Critical Damage - Awakened Lightning Penetration - Awakened Added Lightning

Gloves:

Discipline - Zealotry - Grace - Enlighten 4

Helmet:

Wrath - Increased Duration - Divine Blessing - Conductivity

Shield:

Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Momentum

Wand:

Flame Dash - Arcane Surge - Enhance

Boots:

Immortal Call - Cast When Damage Taken - Increased Duration
Defiance Banner
[unlinked]

Gear:
Spoiler

I highly recommend having Ruby/Sapphire/Topaz flasks ready to swap in place of quicksilver for difficult uber boss fights, they can give you around 40% damage reduction against their respective elemental damage type and will make these uber fights much easier.

Passives - Path of Building PoB link:

Spoiler
PoB: https://pobb.in/bUcPF7D25njq

Pantheons and Bandits:
Spoiler

Solaris, Yugul, Kill all bandits

Solaris helps us deal with crit and physical damage during boss fights. Yugul makes us reflect immune together with the elemental mastery for reduced reflected elemental damage take and helps to mitigate some of the curse effect on us. Fully upgrade both of those pantheons.

Charms:

Spoiler
Modifiers on charms/That which was taken that are important for this build include:

- Spell suppression to reach 100% cap
- Remove bleeding when you use a flask
- 1% base critical strike chance at maximum power charges
- Area of effect per power charge
- Critical strike multiplier per power charge
- Increased evasion per frenzy charge

You can mix and match them between your charms and that which was taken.

Budget and final words:

Spoiler
At the time of writing this guide, the total cost of all gear with charms, jewels, flasks, gems etc. was approximately 1000 divines. With the affliction mechanic this league it's easier to get this currency than any other league before, but it's still an expensive build and not a league starter.

I've had a lot of fun playing this build and it's definitely one of my favorites of all time. I've never played a more well rounded bosser that was so fun to map with and do all content in the game.

PoB: https://pobb.in/bUcPF7D25njq

Last bumped on Apr 11, 2024, 2:52:21 PM
Hi Asmo, great build. I was just wondering if you have a PoB for those like me, who still do not have Mageblood and are below level 95, that can transition to this version when they acquire Mageblood. TIA!
I thought having more than one brand attached with dissipation was bad?
Damn I wish this build was SSF viable lol

Looks great though
IGN: WhatPullOutGame
Can you, please, advice, why lightning exposure is not available in pob?
Have almost same build as you, have awakened lightning pen gem level 5.
Tried in your pob import my character and it says that there is no source of exposure...
Did I miss something?
Hello, I've looked at a lot of PB Tricksters on poe ninja and noticed nearly everyone using a different cluster jewel setup. Can you give a quick rundown of why you went the one you did or maybe edit the original post to add in a cluster jewel section and give different options? I'm 91 on this character right now and definitely have sunk quite a bit into it. Loving it so far though. I haven't played a Trickster since it was the meta years ago.
Can you explain to me how you deal with the mana issues? spell costs 85mana
my pob
https://pobb.in/DeQqkcjHuPsr
133million dps
Last edited by rageface1355 on Jan 29, 2024, 9:03:05 PM
"
Nooks83 wrote:
Hello, I've looked at a lot of PB Tricksters on poe ninja and noticed nearly everyone using a different cluster jewel setup. Can you give a quick rundown of why you went the one you did or maybe edit the original post to add in a cluster jewel section and give different options? I'm 91 on this character right now and definitely have sunk quite a bit into it. Loving it so far though. I haven't played a Trickster since it was the meta years ago.

probably to scale more phys dmg base to work with more phys dmg converted to extra lightning damage with watchers eye via wrath.
The ring with +1 power charge is 0,7 mirror. Is there a "budget" (2x Opal rings?) rings that would also work. Currently i have 300 divines to spend on this.
Last edited by NoBo1 on Jan 21, 2024, 2:00:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info