Essence monsters not dropping anything

That is clearly multiple bugs that have the same bugged outcome

So that cause by Asenath's Gentle Touch (or similar explosion or consume corpse thing) should be isolated from people not having any related item
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
When I use Allflame Ember of Syndicate Researchers (which drops scarabs), the essence monster often does not drop items.
Thanks for your report, I'll pass this on.
> When I use Allflame Ember of Syndicate Researchers (which drops scarabs), the essence monster often does not drop items.

Exact same issue here, bug 606 968 606
well, where is the bump icon, is it now only thread owner can bump?
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

well, where is the bump icon, is it now only thread owner can bump?

Encountered it multiple times, and decided to watch what I'm killing every time. When I startted to pay more attention to when and which essences are disappearing, it was:

1) ONLY Scrabbling Menace rare type in the map. Nothing wrong with other types, but all essences of this one did not drop the loot (and essences). It is a kind of crab that does not have a second form (but maybe game think it does and therefore it doesn't drop loot in first and the only form it has). Haunted modifier was 9.6 (8)% of life regenerated per second.

2) Only Deep Crustacean rares in the map, and not all of them. This is a crab with 2 forms, and it supposed to drop essences after dying in 2nd, but some of them died without switching a form (maybe this is where explodes from Asenath's did remove them). Haunted modifier was all damage can poison + always poison on hit.

3) Only Cave Crustacean rares in the map, and also only (big) part of them. Its another version of #2 monster, with two forms that fails to switch form sometimes. It has devoted modifier for 7% chance to drop Orb of Regret, at this point I concluded it does not matter. Also in this map I had time to swap gloves and confirm that #2 and #3 are indeed caused by Asenath's gloves explosion, while #1 shouldn't be related as the monster simply do not have second form.

So its mostly monsters that switch form for the explosions case, but there is also a first case with Scrabbling Menace that just work incorrectly.

EDIT: Nevermind, Scrabbling Menace also has second form and in my test I was just unlucky enough to kill all of them with explosions. So all the crabs with 2nd form are bugged for essences if you wearing Asenath's gloves (and potentially if you use other source of explosions).
Last edited by PraetorianMKII on May 15, 2024, 8:19:23 PM
Its still happening.
Just happened for Mairian on twitch

here is a clip of it
https://clips.twitch.tv/FrailCallousJalapenoOSsloth-r8tpfZBHdTdORp9-

If you want to look further in to the map and launch of it, she launched me map around 1 hour and 4 min into the stream on the 16th of may (morning/lunch stream)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info