Overall Game Perfomance state - and why GGG is in silenced mode about it?

"
Dxt44 wrote:
"
B00b wrote:
Having the fan running for hours in the long term hurts the computer, dust accumulates, and eventually they do strange annoying noises.

Probably it will be mind-blowing for you but if they don't spin, dust still accumulates.

All computers start the fan to full speed when you power on to shake dust, because the computer could have being stale for who knows how long. But the among of dust it accumulates is nothing compared what you have with constant flow of air sucking all the dust in the air.
So we all need monster computers to run POE. LOL thats a sad statment.
"
B00b wrote:

All computers start the fan to full speed when you power on to shake dust, because the computer could have being stale for who knows how long. But the among of dust it accumulates is nothing compared what you have with constant flow of air sucking all the dust in the air.

Almost a non existing issue if you put your computer onto your cleaning list ever so often.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
B00b wrote:
Having the fan running for hours in the long term hurts the computer, dust accumulates, and eventually they do strange annoying noises.
Nah. Modern fans are designed to run 24/7 for years. Giving your expensive hardware a good clean every now and then is self explanatory. A good case with filters and decent fans go a long way.

I have a i5-2500k build from 2011 that ran more or less daily for 9 years. The fans in that build are dead silent to this day.
"
THXMAN wrote:
So we all need monster computers to run POE. LOL thats a sad statment.

Not sad - but hilarious one.
As of today will be quitting the league do to performance issues. breach, blight, and really any Juiced map causing extreme frame drop or disconnection. If my 3000$ gaming rig can't run it, its a GGG issue. Please fix this for next league so I can return to one of my favorite games.
"
gideonjjura wrote:
As of today will be quitting the league do to performance issues. breach, blight, and really any Juiced map causing extreme frame drop or disconnection. If my 3000$ gaming rig can't run it, its a GGG issue. Please fix this for next league so I can return to one of my favorite games.

It's an engine limitation. It was likely never built in expectation for all the stacking of effects, mob count and whatnot in the future. It's not built like a battle simulator game.
Original creator of the "Poor Man's Ward Loop" build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3480922
Windows 11 Enterprise 64-bit, i7-13700K 5.30GHz
PNY RTX 4080 16GB GDDR6X, 32GB DDR5-6000 CL36
Samsung 980 Pro, Seasonic Prime GX 850W Gold
Tha't ridiculous. I play warzone at 120+ FPS and can't play a single map with 6 group here...
"
Dxt44 wrote:

I have fun reading this.
https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine
Modify as you want, compile.
Limitation is you.

You have no clue what you're talking about. As the other user told, adapting the general purpose engine to the specific needs is a lot of work, especially if it is not your (or your team) code. It takes a LOT of time! If you want to work for free and spend your time for the pointless things - good luck. You have access to the UE, feel free to make your own ARPG. But in larger projects it doesn't work this way like you can just push the switch and you're on another engine. I suppose you didn't listen what Sanya told.

"

No, shit.

The key phrase - "mathematical co-processor". GPU works in very similar way.

"
Silverpelt wrote:

bs

I bet you didn't read the single book if you can't find the difference between human-made and AI (or alike) - generated code. Younger generation.

Yes Ubuntu is bloatware, Debian is not well suited for the desktop. If you don't like lightweighted Arch, try Nobara or Atlas. Not Debian, not Ubuntu, not NetBSD and not QNX or MS DOS (lol). And stop being toxic.

FreshMeat93
Okay-okay! Relax! I've got your point dude. I've just seen you were playing on high res on 4070. Does your game run poorly at 1080p?

"
gideonjjura wrote:

3000$ is like 1500$ old dollars before corona inflation. A single videocard worth 1000-1600$ but you need CPU, RAM and motherboard. Modern gaming rig costs 4000-5000$ unfortunately. It's an equivalent of 2000-2500$ before corona and 10's

Also don't compare this game with Warzone. PoE has WAY MORE particles comparing to the CoD. And CoD never was good at graphics, it's first person shooter for everyone, you can run it even on toaster.
"
Bathatha666 wrote:
Tha't ridiculous. I play warzone at 120+ FPS and can't play a single map with 6 group here...
hoho yeah not a fan of this [Removed by Isaac], but warzone isn't a good comparison.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Apr 13, 2024, 6:49:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info