How are minions now

Poison SRS, Poison Chains of commmand, Animate weapon, and Holy relic of Conviction are doing very well.

I would suggest checking out youtube Balormage and Ghazzytv for more info on minion builds.
I miss playing minions :( I mean, just look at my user name!

Last time I loved minions was good old killer Zombies back in 3.10 just before GG decided that killing build diversity was really the way to keep players engaged.

Typical over-reaction thanks to one guy who with enough budget was able to kill shaper wearing no gear at all. Thus began GG's design philosophy around balancing for the 0.00001% and everyone else be damned.
"
I miss playing minions :( I mean, just look at my user name!

Last time I loved minions was good old killer Zombies back in 3.10 just before GG decided that killing build diversity was really the way to keep players engaged.

Typical over-reaction thanks to one guy who with enough budget was able to kill shaper wearing no gear at all. Thus began GG's design philosophy around balancing for the 0.00001% and everyone else be damned.

I agree. I like minions cuz I like playing with an army. Other builds make me bored really fast. I had a really nice build with redemption sentry ( many leagues ago) but after 3 nerfs I decided to sell all gear. No sense got a tons of mirror build if it doesn't perform like bow, wand and so on...
Last edited by Umbryl on Apr 11, 2024, 11:39:25 AM
Speaking as someone that uses skellies (Alberon's Warpath), Zombies, and support specters:

If you don't have the currency to buy a wand with "Minions are aggressive", you'll want to slot Feeding Frenzy Support for any minion not inherently aggressive, as to not lose out on a lot of damage with minions constantly rubberbanding between an enemy and your move commands.

Since "Minions are aggressive" rolls only on a convoking wand, you're restricted on the kinds of uniques main-hands you can use once you get it as well as off-hand limitations. (No using Maata's Teaching)

The change to Unnatural Strength means that your minions are only doing chaos damage, though that's a good change as it does let you have more freedom with the gloves you use and opens up a slot that withered support normally took if you didn't have conversion gloves.

Quality now modifies the number of minions a skill summons, but only +1 at 20 quality. So you can play around with gem level enhancing items/uniques. But it also means that the +3% quality corrupt is now useless. And it also means that the quality effect is less impactful the more sources of increased minions you have.

Bone Barrier being removed as a passive active skill means that you need to take into consideration slotting a defensive gem in your build, but that ascendancy does give you minion life leech to you.

All in all the floor was lowered (which I like), but I think so too was the ceiling (that I've never reached).
Developers walling players into a 'minion way of playing' they way I'm seeing it is problems elsewhere, growing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info